Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

Just now, vtcruising said:

Good to hear from you! Hope all was okay at home when you returned!

Yes, Michelle is doing a wonderful job. I feel like I was there! 🙂

I am happy to report that things are improving, but our cruise in November has been canceled, so we can monitor by staying home for now...

Thanks, VT!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Great review, Michelle, as I can second the issue of lack of sleep.  I just mustered up enough energy to go on CC, so just saw this...still a member of the walking dead, but at least I can read and look at photos.  I know that quite a few of us are happy that you are posting this review...it will help me remember what was happening, even though I was there...you go girl!

Thanks Suzy☺️ I was just about to text you!  Hope everything is OK with Kelsey🌺 Feel free to chime in with your opinions and photos. 

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, Michelle is doing a wonderful job. I feel like I was there! 🙂

Are you longing for a Golden Margarita from the Martini Bar? Does Mr. Edge haunt your dreams? Does it seem as though your bed isn't comfortable because it isn't gently rocking? Welcome to Edgies Anonymous😜

Just now, Silkroad said:

Are you longing for a Golden Margarita from the Martini Bar? Does Mr. Edge haunt your dreams? Does it seem as though your bed isn't comfortable because it isn't gently rocking? Welcome to Edgies Anonymous😜

LOL!   Admitting to the problem is half the battle...the only thing that helps is living vicariously through someone else's Edge cruise, so thank you for doing your part!! 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

LOL!   Admitting to the problem is half the battle...the only thing that helps is living vicariously through someone else's Edge cruise, so thank you for doing your part!! 😉

Celebrity is missing an opportunity here. They should commission little bronze Mr. Edge necklaces to sell on board. We Edgies could clutch them when we feel anxious between cruises😂 You’re welcome, LLP😊 I hope I’ll get a small discount on one😉

17 minutes ago, SharonK said:

One more thing....the Celebrity Cruise Planner for next years TA is not set up yet which is very frustrating🙁

That is strange. I’m trying to recall when ours was set up. I think we were able to order specialty dining packages more than a year out. The shore excursions appeared later. Do you see anything on yours?

Edited by Silkroad

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

Celebrity is missing an opportunity here. They should commission little bronze Mr. Edge necklaces to sell on board. We Edgies could clutch them when we feel anxious between cruises😂 You’re welcome, LLP😊 I hope I’ll get a small discount on one😉

I like it!  Your new calling:  Michelle's Edgewear - bronze Mr Edges, little moveable MC's, mini Migraine Mans, a little Edenist on a swing. Put me down for one of each!

• Haha 1

I just realized I have only one more day to complete the Celebrity survey about our cruise! I need to gather all the little scraps of paper on which I wrote notes about things I liked & didn't like, as well as the names of the staff and crew I want to praise by name. DH didn't receive a survey email, which is frustrating.

"Day 3, we docked at Kings Wharf at roughly 6:00 pm, after a day spent relaxing & exploring the ship. Here are a couple photos taken during the approach, and after docking..."

Looks like a beautiful day! Did you get off here?

Edited by vtcruising

13 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I did buy the Prism  Spinner necklace ( named after the Prism bar on EDGE).

Have worn it quite a bit and get many compliments  and questions!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

I did buy the Prism  Spinner necklace ( named after the Prism bar on EDGE).

Have worn it quite a bit and get many compliments  and questions!

Yes, I love your necklace!  It's cool that it is made from the steel that the ship was cut from.  I will have to see what they have for sale when I sail in January. 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Found it! 🙂

image.thumb.png.cb6635d6f7d18bdcd32828e62300f14a.png

Marilyn...you are amazing....great retrieval skills..which I lack.

It looks better on...lays nice and sparkles,..not quite as much as my big  birthday bauble...but I really enjoy it. I love them both!

There was another choice from the ship's steel... I took a b day  photo with sev of the women officers at a few events..,,they were a great bunch of gals!  One had same b day as I did..She bought the other style!  

Mr Edge  could be fun but possible copyright/royalty issues to reproduce and sell. ???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Day 3, we docked at Kings Wharf at roughly 6:00 pm, after a day spent relaxing & exploring the ship. Here are a couple photos taken during the approach, and after docking...

20190430_162254.jpg

20190430_182340.jpg

I happen to be wearing my fav Bermuda tee today... great pics....fond memories!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

"Day 3, we docked at Kings Wharf at roughly 6:00 pm, after a day spent relaxing & exploring the ship. Here are a couple photos taken during the approach, and after docking..."

Looks like a beautiful day! Did you get off here?

It was a very beautiful evening, but since we had dinner plans with friends, we stayed aboard until the next morning (we had an overnight stay in Bermuda).

We had dinner Cosmopolitan with two of our friends. We enjoyed our meals, before heading to the theater to find seats for the 9:30 show. We saw a guest comedian, who was very good (billed as having clean humor). I don't mind risque humor, but I dislike mean, cutting humor, so this show was a breath of fresh air in that regard.

I didn't take any food photos in the MDRs, because most of the dishes were very similar to those found on the other ships. I do wish I'd thought to photograph dishes that we ordered from each restaurant's unique dishes, but alas I did not. With the exception of two notable misses (more on that later), DH and I enjoyed all of our meals in the MDRs. 

I was a bit frustrated with some of the sommeliers in the various restaurants. Even when I specifically said I'd be willing to go a bit over the package for a special wine for my meal, only a couple sommeliers were willing to recommend anything. Sure, they would have brought me anything I ordered, but I was hoping they would display their expertise & show me a perfect wine that was new to me. But no, be prepared to be offered a Decoy or Kendall Jackson Elegance Cabernet by most sommeliers.  In contrast, on Silhouette last year, and both Summit and Reflection the previous year, I was offered many different non-default choices by the sommeliers. I hope this situation improves by the time I board Edge again next May.