Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

2 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

I totally get what your saying and I am only speaking of the music and shows when it comes to ages. The people we have enjoyed most talking to around the ship and at meals have been retired couples, wow some of them lived crazy cool lives and have great stories:) This Cruise was the same. I actually don’t like being seated for meals with couples our age or younger. 

I just noticed at the shows, we were on when they were heavily loaded with current chart toppers, when I snuck a peak at the crowd they were disengaged and more than a few got up and left. During the Frankie Vallie cover band show the crowd was super engaged, and those guys were rockstars around the ship lol. 

For us the music including the hip hop on deck gave the ship a vibe like no other ship we have been on, and we were hooked. So if the music and shows change, time will tell for us. 

Now for you all to flame me, not a Beetles fan;)

Sorry but hip hop and rap are a definite turn off for us... We like most all.music but those are better suited for another cruise line..If  they blast that on the pool deck we will be displeased!  

The Franki Vallie group were fun entertainment  but a bit too over the top..

We did not get to hear either of the originally advertised vocalists.. the woman (Ashley Amber?) was .not on the ship.??? Heard she did not like what they wanted her to perform.  Sorry we missed her.heard she has a great voice

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

This final dessert was brought for the table, but I'm not sure any of us had enough room left to try it. It was pretty.

20190506_194343b.jpg

20190506_194354.jpg

20190506_194355.jpg

Looks  yummy! 

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I did touch them. They’re so interesting. I never think of them as faceless. I call them the enigmas or the wooden people. I think of them as enigmatic or mysterious. They’re everyone. And no one. 

Celebrity has always had unique art on each ship, so I doubt we’ll find exactly the same things on Apex. Rather, we’ll find equally unique and wonderful art.

I read somewhere about them being faceless so that they could be anyone. Something along the line of all of our fellow cruisers often remain faceless (lost in the crowd), but if we stop and get to know them like many of us did the faceless ones, our lives would be enriched (or something like that). I agree that they are very mysterious and enigmatic - their magnetism kept pulling me back. It was cool to talk with the shop people around there who really loved them (maybe because their magnetism was pulling people back to the shop area 😉).

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Silkroad said:

I guess it’s time to join it! OMG do you think the Martini Bar is ready for us🤣 The Edgy sisters are ready to rock and roll!

Silkroad, what a great review.  I finally have some time to catch up but still only on page 7, hope to finish tonight.

Be warned Apex, the Edgie sisters are on their way.

Katie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Sorry but hip hop and rap are a definite turn off for us... We like most all.music but those are better suited for another cruise line..If  they blast that on the pool deck we will be displeased!  

The Franki Vallie group were fun entertainment  but a bit too over the top..

We did not get to hear either of the originally advertised vocalists.. the woman (Ashley Amber?) was .not on the ship.??? Heard she did not like what they wanted her to perform.  Sorry we missed her.heard she has a great voice

We didn’t see her either. It wasn’t a steady dose of hip hop, maybe heard one or two songs in the mix. It was good in the mix, but all day would be too much for me too. My iPod playlist covers a lot of territory genre wise:)

Madison, the lead female vocalist when we were on, was incredibly talented. 

Edited by cgolf1

59 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We didn’t see her either. It wasn’t a steady dose of hip hop, maybe heard one or two songs in the mix. It was good in the mix, but all day would be too much for me too. My iPod playlist covers a lot of territory genre wise:)

We must be from the same tribe😉 My phone playlist covers a lot of territory too. I like some hip hop & rap, but can't do a steady dose. Ditto for the Beatles. I like a lot of their later music, but not every day. I like variety, and I enjoy finding new music to love. Plus, it's amusing when the nieces & nephews go, "Dude, that's awesome! She's playing Daddy Yankee!" when I roll into the driveway😜

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Did they do the tree performers in the RTG? Will admit this is the first daily I looked at;)

I'm sorry to say that I don't know. I know there was live music there, because we heard it sometimes when we were on the way to something else. It seemed that whenever we had time to hang out in the RTG, there was a movies playing, or it was raining. Hopefully someone else who was on this TA will chime in with the answer✌️

This was also the day we wandered into Future Cruises to "investigate" the on board booking offer😀 The Future Cruises area on this ship was lovely. It was open, bright, airy, and had several desks. We had already been discussing the possibility of booking a little 7-day Caribbean cruise on Apex, and I had specific cabins in mind. Kiran was very personable and helpful, and set us up in no time (it helped that I had a specific cruise, cabin class, and list of desirable cabins in hand). Note:  I had carried my wallet there, in case I wanted to make a deposit. This was unnecessary, because I was able to have the deposit charged to the credit card I had on file for our on board accounts.

20190516_204445.jpg

20190516_204453.jpg

• Like 1

We dined with friends in Tuscan. This was our second time in Tuscan, and though almost everything was just as nice as it had been the first time, I had my first truly bad main of the cruise (actually one of the worst mains I have ever had on Celebrity). It was a veal dish, very tender with a nice flavor, but it was so salty I could barely eat it. Extremely salty. I had to leave most of it. To put this in perspective, I've never turned away from a basket of crisp, salted fries in my life, and I use plenty of ketchup on them too😋 But this veal tasted as though someone had mixed a tablespoon of salt in it. 

I didn't complain for two reasons. (1) It wasn't as though I hadn't been getting enough to eat lol (and DH and let me have a couple bites of his main). (2) Our friends wanted to make it to the 9:30 show. 

We weren't interested in the show, so we embarked on our usual espresso, music, cocktails, and art passeggiata👫

Edited by Silkroad

46 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

This was also the day we wandered into Future Cruises to "investigate" the on board booking offer😀 The Future Cruises area on this ship was lovely. It was open, bright, airy, and had several desks. We had already been discussing the possibility of booking a little 7-day Caribbean cruise on Apex, and I had specific cabins in mind. Kiran was very personable and helpful, and set us up in no time (it helped that I had a specific cruise, cabin class, and list of desirable cabins in hand). Note:  I had carried my wallet there, in case I wanted to make a deposit. This was unnecessary, because I was able to have the deposit charged to the credit card I had on file for our on board accounts.

20190516_204445.jpg

20190516_204453.jpg

If I am  not mistaken, you must have more than five cruises already booked; you never mentioned this new one, so i am beginning to think you are an enigma that comes full throttle when writing a review.  I am definitely the introvert, but I do have abstract random tendencies...I am now calling you the girl with the hidden Celebrity tattoo...

We talked with the same person, but booking the African cruise on Azamara was just not in the cards, even though it would not be until 2021.  I already canceled one cruise for November and doubt if I will make the other two next year...but, I know things will get better, so you go girl...

Our third couple is still over in northern France for a few more days, visiting all the small villages on the northern coast.  From her photos, they are very historic, quiet and beautiful!

Edited by Lastdance
it is never my fault...

9 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

If i am  not mistaken, you must have more than five cruises already booked; you never mentioned this new one, so i am beginning to think you are an enigma that comes full throttle when writing a review.  I am definitely the introvert, but I do have abstract random tendencies...I am now calling you the girl with the hidden Celebrity tattoo...

I don't bother mentioning them until we double check the work schedules, because I end up having to cancel a third of them. And you've been dealing with family concerns🌺 No hidden Celebrity tats, but I will admit to being a charter member of Edgies Anonymous🤣 My name is Michelle, and I have a cruise addiction...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I don't bother mentioning them until we double check the work schedules, because I end up having to cancel a third of them. And you've been dealing with family concerns🌺 No hidden Celebrity tats, but I will admit to being a charter member of Edgies Anonymous🤣 My name is Michelle, and I have a cruise addiction...

Yes...you do, but I also share a small addiction too...I have a suite addiction that I have to curtail due to the high prices.  However, I think the SV's are a perfect sequel to suites...life is still good!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Yes...you do, but I also share a small addiction too...I have a suite addiction that I have to curtail due to the high prices.  However, I think the SV's are a perfect sequel to suites...life is still good!

Hi, how did you enjoy the “Club”?

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Katie, it was excellent...thanks for asking.  I only wish I was still there!

Suzy, great to here.  Unfortunately Celebrity has priced us out of those cabins for the time being.  We are trying out an S3 on Edge in January and an SV in Nov ‘20 on Apex.

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

And tote bags! This was given to me by a wild group of women on the Edge: 😋

F930C4D4-24B0-4F2A-BC45-B297724068BC.thumb.jpeg.c1635f6c1279612a98118fd4b146e3df.jpeg

Great tee!   I love it.

Working " APEX  " into a shirt theme may be a bit more of a challenge.. "Girls on the APEX" seems not too great! But I bet you'll think of something creative!

• Like 1