Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Silkroad

Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

 

We didn’t see her either. It wasn’t a steady dose of hip hop, maybe heard one or two songs in the mix. It was good in the mix, but all day would be too much for me too. My iPod playlist covers a lot of territory genre wise:)

 

Madison, the lead female vocalist when we were on, was incredibly talented. 

Glad it was not a steady dose...What I really object to is not so much the music  itself but  any lyrics that are hateful and mysoginistic...Had to have some played for Asst CD once to.prove my point..not everybody listens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Oville said:

Michelle and Suzy, there are more than you two suffering with various cruising addictions.😉

I have the additional problem of trying to catch up with Suzy😎🚢  I started late, and had big gaps between the first one in 2006, the second one in 2013, and the third in 2017. I met Suzy on the second one, and she’s so far ahead of me on her cruise count that I can only see her wake when she stops to take on fuel & supplies😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I have the additional problem of trying to catch up with Suzy😎🚢  I started late, and had big gaps between the first one in 2006, the second one in 2013, and the third in 2017. I met Suzy on the second one, and she’s so far ahead of me on her cruise count that I can only see her wake when she stops to take on fuel & supplies😂 

Very funny..! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were scheduled to be docked in Lisbon from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and we were hoping to have a sunny day. Ah well, we had a rainy day. We did our best to get some good photos during the sail in. Mr. Edge seemed to enjoy his shower🙂

20190508_115551a.jpg

20190508_115649.jpg

20190508_115715a.jpg

20190508_115855.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a great private tour of the highlights of LIsbon planned with two of our friends. This had been researched and booked by our friend, so all we had to do was show up😃 We took so many photos that I'll just post some of my favorites to give you a sense of what we saw in the city. 

DSCN0091.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

20190508_143531.jpg

20190508_145739.jpg

20190508_150313.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mosteiro dos Jeronimos - our phone cameras couldn't capture the beauty of the stained glass,

 

 

 

20190508_161102.thumb.jpg.6d1c04e17bcdaac4e3a304b609a72f66.jpg

DSCN0148.JPG

DSCN0149.JPG

20190508_161322.jpg

20190508_161450.jpg

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Padrao dos Descrimentos - loved the gorgeous pavement near the monument. We tried to get a shot of the entire map & compass, but large bus groups kept appearing despite the rain😂

20190508_172108a.jpg

20190508_172400.jpg

20190508_172341.jpg

20190508_172623.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charming and beautiful...you did great with the phone cameras...

 

You seem to be able to post photos  easily to CC.  As Vt knows I had lots of struggles posting  from my phone and tablet...whats the secret?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Must not forget our stop for...

IMG_20190507_112136_600.jpg

IMG_20190507_113236_263.jpg

We didn't have the "official ones", but oh my - those little custards are GOOD!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hcat said:

Charming and beautiful...you did great with the phone cameras...

 

You seem to be able to post photos  easily to CC.  As Vt knows I had lots of struggles posting  from my phone and tablet...whats the secret?

Thank you😊 

 

The photos were taken by both DH and myself, mostly using our Samsung phones. In Lisbon & Bilbao, DH was using our old digital camera & my old phone camera, a Motorola, while I continued to use my Samsung. I didn't use my iPad to take or upload photos. I had no problem uploading photos directly to CC from my phone, but typing long messages using the phone was a pain. Hence the shorter posts while I was still aboard😉 We don't bother lugging our laptops on flights for personal travel, but DH had his Surface, so he regularly used a thumb drive to move photos from our phones to the Surface. After we returned home, he transferred all the photos from his Surface to my laptop (which I'm using now). I have a large monitor and a keyboard & mouse that I use with my laptop when I'm home. It's a lot easier to have CC open in one window, and the photos open in another window, because I can drag & drop multiple photos into my CC post before submitting it. Hope this helps...

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you are discussing Lisbon, I'll add this photo I took of Edge from the Alfama.    

 

The new cruise terminal in Lisbon is quite lovely and just a 5 or 10 minute walk into the main part of town.

 

Joe

 

 

lisboa.JPG

Edited by JoePDX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

We didn't have the "official ones", but oh my - those little custards are GOOD!   

They were! I could go for a couple to pair with my afternoon coffee😋 The espresso was good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thank you😊 

 

The photos were taken by both DH and myself, mostly using our Samsung phones. In Lisbon & Bilbao, DH was using our digital camera & my old phone camera, a Motorola, while I continued to use my Samsung. I didn't use my iPad to take or upload photos. I had no problem uploading photos directly to CC from my phone, but typing long messages using the phone was a pain. Hence the shorter posts while I was still aboard😉 We don't bother lugging our laptops on flights for personal travel, but DH had his Surface, so he regularly used a thumb drive to move photos from our phones to the Surface. After we returned home, he transferred all the photos from his Surface to my laptop (which I'm using now). I have a large monitor and a keyboard & mouse that I use with my laptop when I'm home. It's a lot easier to have CC open in one window, and the photos open in another window, because I can drag & drop photos into my CC post. Hope this helps...

Thanks for all of this..

.I  am going to take awhile to digest all this..I used my Samsung  cell phone and tablet...but they are now considered older models that do not work with the X App... Also used my digital camera and transferred to lap top after the cruise..( we also do not drag that along unless we have to). 

 

Thanks to Vt... to whom I e mailed pics which she posted for me, my  review AQ class on  EDGE  included photos!

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Since you are discussing Lisbon, I'll add this photo I took of Edge from the Alfama.    

 

The new cruise terminal in Lisbon is quite lovely and just a 5 or 10 minute walk into the main part of town.

 

Joe

Wow! Great shot of the Edge!

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for all of this..

.I  am going to take awhile to digest all this..I used my Samsung  cell phone and tablet...but they are now considered older models that do not work with the X App... Also used my digital camera and transferred to lap top after the cruise..( we also do not drag that along unless we have to). 

 

Thanks to Vt...who I e mailed..my  review AQ class on  EDGE  included photos!

So once you get home from a cruise, you could use a thumb drive to transfer photos from your phone to your laptop. Create a folder on your laptop first. Open a browser window, log into cruise critic, go to the thread you want (or start one) then reduce the size of your browser window. Now open your newly created file containing all your photos & voila, you can easily drag & drop your photos your post☺️

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Padrao dos Descrimentos - loved the gorgeous pavement near the monument. We tried to get a shot of the entire map & compass, but large bus groups kept appearing despite the rain

Absolutely amazing photos! Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I have the additional problem of trying to catch up with Suzy😎🚢  I started late, and had big gaps between the first one in 2006, the second one in 2013, and the third in 2017. I met Suzy on the second one, and she’s so far ahead of me on her cruise count that I can only see her wake when she stops to take on fuel & supplies😂 

Well, we will have to help you do something about that! Maybe a B2B on the Apex? There's no way we are going to see everything in 7 days.... 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for all of this..

.I  am going to take awhile to digest all this..I used my Samsung  cell phone and tablet...but they are now considered older models that do not work with the X App... Also used my digital camera and transferred to lap top after the cruise..( we also do not drag that along unless we have to). 

 

Thanks to Vt... to whom I e mailed pics which she posted for me, my  review AQ class on  EDGE  included photos!

You had some great pictures!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I don't bother mentioning them until we double check the work schedules, because I end up having to cancel a third of them. And you've been dealing with family concerns🌺 No hidden Celebrity tats, but I will admit to being a charter member of Edgies Anonymous🤣 My name is Michelle, and I have a cruise addiction...

I think we should all get Mr Edge tattoos - of course hcat will want the Magic Forrest instead. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Well, we will have to help you do something about that! Maybe a B2B on the Apex? There's no way we are going to see everything in 7 days.... 😉

Hahaha sounds great, except we may soon reach the point when we're scheduling a week of work every quarter instead of a week of vacation. I fear that would cause the electronic deposits of those paychecks to slooooow to a pathetic trickle😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I was a little worried about what was going on during the TA since we didn't hear a lot. I figured that either it was really bad or it was so good that you were in the zone. From all of the adventures and gorgeous photos, it looks like the latter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think we should all get Mr Edge tattoos - of course hcat will want the Magic Forrest instead. 😉

I think I'll stick with designing an Edgies Anonymous t-shirt🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

I have to say I was a little worried about what was going on during the TA since we didn't hear a lot. I figured that either it was really bad or it was so good that you were in the zone. From all of the adventures and gorgeous photos, it looks like the latter...

I was dashing here and there like a little kid in a candy store (or in my case it would have been little kid in a bookstore lol). I was having a tough time deciding how to begin the review. That's why I ultimately decided to post the important things I learned on your thread, and start the review once I returned home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I was dashing here and there like a little kid in a candy store (or in my case it would have been little kid in a bookstore lol). I was having a tough time deciding how to begin the review. That's why I ultimately decided to post the important things I learned on your thread, and start the review once I returned home.

I understand completely. The first priority was to enjoy your vacation and all that the Edge (and the lovely ports) had to offer. I'm really enjoying your slower-paced review. 😊

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...