Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Oh dear, hope the maintenance session goes okay and we aren't in the dark too long. I finally have some time off! 🙂

Hey, you could pop down here to collaborate with me! Together, we could create amazing posts😈😈 I have restocked the wine closet. No Caymus, alas, but it’s a pretty good collection😉

52 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Hey, you could pop down here to collaborate with me! Together, we could create amazing posts😈😈 I have restocked the wine closet. No Caymus, alas, but it’s a pretty good collection😉

So tempting! Much better than the spring cleaning I had planned.

I can only afford to drink Caymus on cruises when I have the PAL. 😉

• Like 1

Today, I turned in a comment card to Guest Relations, praising our excellent stateroom attendant, Dony. He's one of the two best attendants we've had, so we wanted to make sure we praised him & his work if every possible way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Today, I turned in a comment card to Guest Relations, praising our excellent stateroom attendant, Dony. He's one of the two best attendants we've had, so we wanted to make sure we praised him & his work if every possible way.

One thing I MUST say. Every one of Celebrities employees were nothing but EXCELLENT on the EDGE. I asked a representative that I had a conversation with. I said. I bet they were hand picked for the best of the best. I was assured, that was correct. I believe it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

hcat, a quick question off topic that someone was asking on my Edge menu thread: "Can items off from the regular MDR menu be ordered in Blu?"   Thanks!

We never tried..and no one offered. The kitchens are not  nearby from what I gather  and BLU has so many choices including some trad mdr favs...onion soup, shrimp cocktail, creme brulee

We have only been able to do that on the M Class ships,  where BLU was carved out of the mdr..so they are nearby.  Even then not  all will do it.

I prefer the prime rib  in mdr to the  filet in BLU, so we started  making early res in mdr for the first nights..only to learn  sometimes BLU would have  ordered it for us..

Now we are not going to be in BLU for awhile....but still hoping for good service.

• Thanks 1

Another Gaudi fan here..I agree there are hints and reminders here and there on EDGE.  I think the trees & some "wirey " forms  look like photos I have seen of  a park in Singapore ( on a cruise catalogue, no less)....sr moment..can't place it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We never tried..and no one offered. The kitchens are not  nearby from what I gather  and BLU has so many choices including some trad mdr favs...onion soup, shrimp cocktail, creme brulee

We have only been able to do that on the M Class ships,  where BLU was carved out of the mdr..so they are nearby.  Even then not  all will do it.

I prefer the prime rib  in mdr to the  filet in BLU, so we started  making early res in mdr for the first nights..only to learn  sometimes BLU would have  ordered it for us..

Now we are not going to be in BLU for awhile....but still hoping for good service.

Thanks, I knew it was possible on some ships, but haven't heard anything about the Edge Blu. I agree that it would be more difficult. I will let her know. 🙂

This was a relaxing sea day, with no big plans. I can see that we had cocktails in the Martini Bar, before meeting our friends for dinner at Cyprus, where we had another great meal. After dinner, we headed to the 9:30 show at the theater. Dominick Allen put on a fairly good show, but we thought it was a shame that he seemed only hit the right songs for the crowd during his encore. 

20190503_182828.jpg

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

This was a relaxing sea day, with no big plans. I can see that we had cocktails in the Martini Bar, before meeting our friends for dinner at Cyprus, where we had another great meal. After dinner, we headed to the 9:30 show at the theater. Dominick Allen put on a good show, but we thought it was a shame that he seemed only hit the right songs for the crowd during his encore. 

20190503_182828.jpg

Those look really good!  We liked the snack mix too. 🙂

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Michelle, is this a picture of you on your cruise?  Maybe a few too many martinis in the Martini Bar!? 😉

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDjsVZADVr/

Nice guess, but I haven’t done a handstand recently🤣 I believe I recognize the gymnast though. I think that is the person who played Kronos. Later in my review, you’ll see him again....

14 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Nice guess, but I haven’t done a handstand recently🤣 I believe I recognize the gymnast though. I think that is the person who played Kronos. Later in my review, you’ll see him again....

Oh, I didn't recognize him from behind.  I really enjoyed Kronos - he was so misunderstood.... he told me that people thought he was a bad guy when in fact he was the one to lift the spell. 🙂

4 hours ago, Silkroad said:

This was a relaxing sea day, with no big plans. I can see that we had cocktails in the Martini Bar, before meeting our friends for dinner at Cyprus, where we had another great meal. After dinner, we headed to the 9:30 show at the theater. Dominick Allen put on a fairly good show, but we thought it was a shame that he seemed only hit the right songs for the crowd during his encore. 

20190503_182828.jpg

Does the Edge have a new martini bar menu or is it the same as all the other Celebrity ships?

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Oh, I didn't recognize him from behind.  I really enjoyed Kronos - he was so misunderstood.... he told me that people thought he was a bad guy when in fact he was the one to lift the spell. 🙂

I recognize him because he’s one of the few people aboard who could do a handstand on a piece of vibrating furniture, and I think that is his little girl...see the little blonde head?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharonK said:

Does the Edge have a new martini bar menu or is it the same as all the other Celebrity ships?

In case Michelle doesn't have pictures of the menu, this thread has all the Edge bar menus:  🙂

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SharonK said:

vtcruising

thanks!  I must have missed it when I looked.  I noticed a Kale Martini and want to know “who wants kale in their martini?”😜

I know - I passed on that one! I did partake of the Grey Goose Cosmo (yum), Elderflower Martini (very nice) and the Lemon-Basil-Ade Martini (delish). My one regret was to not try Mike Preisman's recommended Snowflake Martini. Next time, it will be first on my list at the Martini Bar.  It's good to have goals and aspirations!

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I know - I passed on that one! I did partake of the Grey Goose Cosmo (yum), Elderflower Martini (very nice) and the Lemon-Basil-Ade Martini (delish). My one regret was to not try Mike Preisman's recommended Snowflake Martini. Next time, it will be first on my list at the Martini Bar.  It's good to have goals and aspirations!

I never even looked at the menu😂 I guess I’ll need to check it out next time...

6 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I never even looked at the menu😂 I guess I’ll need to check it out next time...

We always look at the menu because we like to try different ones. The lemon basilade sounds like it would be a favorite for me.

• Like 1