how to attach luggage tags to suitcase

TERESAh

Several years ago I bought 4 plastic holders for my luggage tags. I have put the tag in the plastic holder with the long plastic piece through the hole on the holder.  Now, how do I attach these to my suitcase without them falling off? Thanks for your help

Edited by TERESAh
wrong name for subject

47 minutes ago, katisdale said:

If they are like mine, I just make a loop and pass the holder through the loop. The handle is inside the loop.

That's really the only logical way to do it.

• Like 1

Our luggage tags look like this. Like katisdale said above, simply loop the hanger through the tag holder as shown and then do the same thing around the handle of the bag by slipping the entire tag through the loop. I'm about to go put tags in mine right now. 😎 Our last trip was two cruises with one night between. Almost a B2B. I actually put the tags for both cruises into the holders at once. The first cruise was showing like the one below (not our tag or our name) and the tag for the second cruise was inside of that. When the first cruise was over I simply removed the outer tag and, voila!, the new tag was ready to go.

image.jpeg.9d63fd49c9677a661f2e003ba7ccfcfe.jpeg

Edited by Thrak

Since I never fly to arrive the day of sailing, I'm attaching the ship's tag

in a hotel room that morning.  I take a mini-stapler (about 2" long) and

simply loop the tags through a handle and staple them, unprotected. 

They don't really have a chance to get torn between pierside and

stateroom.  (I slip a 2nd tag inside to ward off Mr Murphy and his

Law, but have not needed such yet).

The stapler also comes in handy to seal Princess' paper laundry bags

during the cruise.

Edited by Haboob
Fixing odd line-breaks

We use zip locks to attach the luggage tags to the suitcase.  When I print out the luggage tags, I run some clear packing tape over them to keep them from tearing.  I fold them then punch a hole through the tag.  We attach them when we get to the ship with the zip locks.  Never had one fall off yet.

• Like 2

Clear packing tape works great. I cover the tags (like laminating) and use the tape to connect each end when I attach to the luggage handle. It works so well that I can hardly get them off later. I keep a roll of packing tape in my suitcase. 

• Like 1

Print

Fold

Cover with Sellotape

If staying at hotel, borrow  stapler from front desk.

( most hotels used by cruise lines expect this and have staplers available to borrow)

If flying in, take mini stapler ..available at Poundland/ Dollar stores (£1 or $1)

On recent Majestic Princess Australia/ Asia cruise plastic tag holder lost from one of two suitcases, on disembarkation..both there when put outside cabin, one missing when picked up bags in disembarkation shed! 

9 hours ago, TERESAh said:

Several years ago I bought 4 plastic holders for my luggage tags. I have put the tag in the plastic holder with the long plastic piece through the hole on the holder.  Now, how do I attach these to my suitcase without them falling off? Thanks for your help

I recently threaded a zip tie through the plastic holder my TA sent us.  I slipped my Princess luggage tags into them before tying them on the handle.  Much more secure than the ones that came with her tags.  When he disembarked we just used the colored numbered tags they gave us in our stateroom.  Didn’t seem as secure, but they stayed on fine.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Our luggage tags look like this. Like katisdale said above, simply loop the hanger through the tag holder as shown and then do the same thing around the handle of the bag by slipping the entire tag through the loop. I'm about to go put tags in mine right now. 😎 Our last trip was two cruises with one night between. Almost a B2B. I actually put the tags for both cruises into the holders at once. The first cruise was showing like the one below (not our tag or our name) and the tag for the second cruise was inside of that. When the first cruise was over I simply removed the outer tag and, voila!, the new tag was ready to go.

We have the same tags and they work great.  At the hotel, the morning of the cruise I pull them out and loop them through the handles our suitcases and we are all set.  They are very durable.  I think ours cost about $6. 

I have a set from Amazon like that except the loop is metal which screws together, put the loop through the tag hole and then around the suitcase handle.   The set came with 6 or 8 tags and I gave two to our friends. Have used them twice with good results. 

we also bought luggage tags - big clear plastic that has the metal loops with tiny twists to secure to the luggage.  On one side I put our name, address & phone number and the other I put the cruise luggage tag.  I also print extra luggage tag and put extra on the luggage with stapler.

7 hours ago, Linsifer said:

I recently threaded a zip tie through the plastic holder my TA sent us.  I slipped my Princess luggage tags into them before tying them on the handle.  Much more secure than the ones that came with her tags.  When he disembarked we just used the colored numbered tags they gave us in our stateroom.  Didn’t seem as secure, but they stayed on fine.

Good idea I’ll try this

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yes I have the same ones. Thanks for your help

12 hours ago, elliair said:

We use zip locks to attach the luggage tags to the suitcase.  When I print out the luggage tags, I run some clear packing tape over them to keep them from tearing.  I fold them then punch a hole through the tag.  We attach them when we get to the ship with the zip locks.  Never had one fall off yet.

4 minutes ago, TERESAh said:

Thanks for all your suggestions I’ll give them a try. My late husband always took care of this and this will be my first cruise without him.

This is the method we use! I am very sorry about your husband!

11 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I put packing tape on them and then just loop them through the handles and staple them. 

This method also insures that water doesn't ruin them from being out in the rain, etc.  Our luggage tags made it just fine, but our clothes got wet in Florida.  We had underwear hanging every where in our hotel room.  Lamp shades came in handy for that!  Now, we put our clothes in 30 gallon garbage bags inside the suitcase JIC that ever happens again.  UGH!  Rain ruined 3 of my nice blouses.

Edited by elliair

22 minutes ago, elliair said:

This method also insures that water doesn't ruin them from being out in the rain, etc.  Our luggage tags made it just fine, but our clothes got wet in Florida.  We had underwear hanging every where in our hotel room.  Lamp shades came in handy for that!  Now, we put our clothes in 30 gallon garbage bags inside the suitcase JIC that ever happens again.  UGH!  Rain ruined 3 of my nice blouses.

I also put rvery thing in  the plastic garbage bags.  Nothing gets wet.  I also put the clear tape and staple the tag together.  After stapling the tag.  I cover the part of the tag (where the staple is) with clear tape.  I don't want the crew to get stuck with the tip of the staple on the back side when checking the luggage.  It could be rough on the fingers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

You kind of need to "crunch" them up a bit and then stretch the loop as you push the boarding pass through. But we've been using these for years and they work just fine.

I simply bought a bag full of the extra long plastic loops. Cheap to purchase and much easier to use than the standard short loops. Somewhere in a drawer I have a bunch of the loops since they came in an amount much larger than I needed.

In addition to having used the plastic luggage tags for our cruise tag for years, we attach one to the inside of each of our suitcases and insert our names, contact numbers and itinerary.  Should the luggage ever be lost and found, all our contact info is available.

• Like 2