Labadee Zip Line Worth it?

DeepC

Booked for next year... Cruise planner not showing much available this far from sailing date. It is showing the zip line at $99... That seems high but what isn't. Is that the correct price and is it worth it?

I’ve done it twice and loved it. Watch for sales in the cruise planner. You can cancel and rebook if the price drops. I paid $79 for our February 2019 cruise during a sale. 

From what I've been told by friends who've done it, YES!  We'll be there in December and I've booked it for my husband and 2 teenagers.  I'm terrified of heights and will be hanging out on the beach 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

My teenagers did it last year, and they were not impressed. We are going to Labadee again in July and they do not want to do the zip line again. For them it was more of a “bucket list” activity.  To put things in perspective, however, we had been to Mexico in 2016 and did a phenomenal zip line adventure.  If you have young kids or have never ziplined, the Labadee one will probably be great!

Keep an eye out for sales in the Cruise Planner (I check at least once a week).  

It's showing up at $73.99 for me right now.  

If you buy it and the price goes down later, you can cancel it and repurchase at the new price.  

(Just to clarify, I haven't done this one, and for that much money would rather do a longer one somewhere else.  But that's a personal decision.  I'm pretty cheap with my money.)

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:16 AM, brillohead said:

Keep an eye out for sales in the Cruise Planner (I check at least once a week).  

It's showing up at $73.99 for me right now.  

If you buy it and the price goes down later, you can cancel it and repurchase at the new price.  

(Just to clarify, I haven't done this one, and for that much money would rather do a longer one somewhere else.  But that's a personal decision.  I'm pretty cheap with my money.)

Mine is still showing $99. 😣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I booked in advance via the cruise planner for my husband and older teenagers because I wanted to get a good time (not too early, not too late).  I didn't realize it at the time but apparently I booked the "Dragon Fire" / "Superman" / lay down version.  They didn't enjoy it, they said they couldn't lift their heads to see where they were going, they could only see below them.  Oh well, so much for that $300! 🤨

It really wasn't clear to me that that was what I was booking, I'll pay better attention next time.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:10 PM, PelicanBill said:

I just did the Dragon Fire (lay down face forward) line last week.  Well worth it.  Nothing like it and a very long very cool ride.

Did you experience what the poster below said??

14 hours ago, LisaDee said:

I didn't realize it at the time but apparently I booked the "Dragon Fire" / "Superman" / lay down version.  They didn't enjoy it, they said they couldn't lift their heads to see where they were going, they could only see below them.  Oh well, so much for that $300! 🤨

I wonder why they couldn't lift their heads? The video's show everyone with their heads up. This is the one I'm considering doing and just wondering.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, mitsugirly said:

Did you experience what the poster below said??

I wonder why they couldn't lift their heads? The video's show everyone with their heads up. This is the one I'm considering doing and just wondering.

Huh!  I had no problem looking forward and looking around.  I do recall seeing people holding their heads straight looking down below them. I assume they were just scared to look around. Nothing would constrain me from looking ahead - it's more looking looking up since you are lying down!  The one thing I did experience was I tried to wave at people on the ground - don't do that - it made me unstable and that was a bit scary.