Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

We are due to board on Saturday for Indy's first cruise out of Southampton this year. We're doing a 7 night Northern Europe itinerary.

SAT 18 MAY SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND D 16:30

SUN 19 MAY CRUISING C

MON 20 MAY HAMBURG, GERMANY D 07:00 17:00

TUE 21 MAY CRUISING C

WED 22 MAY OSLO, NORWAY D 07:00 17:00

THU 23 MAY CRUISING C

FRI 24 MAY BRUGES,(ZEEBRUGGE),BELGIUM D 07:00 16:00

SAT 25 MAY SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND D 05:30

We did a fairly similar cruise last year on MSC but we swapped Oslo for an overnight in Amsterdam. This will be our first time to Oslo.

We are Julie, 53 and my DH Mark, 54. We usually cruise a couple of times a year, Royal are probably our favourite cruise line but we do others too.

I know when the ships leave the US there is a lot less info on here so hopefully this will help those cruising out of Southampton this summer. Feel free to ask questions. We haven't bought VOOM but with our 4 free 24hour D+ internet and free roaming in all the ports we should be covered for much of the week.

I'm not one to take lots of photos so there won't be loads but I might pinch a few of Mark's along the way as I know many people like the pics. 

I've been checking the weather forecast daily and it seems to change but generally I think it will be around 18-20 deg c in ports with a mix of sunshine and showers, typical British weather! I don't think chair hogs at the pool will be a problem this trip☺️

We live about a 3 and a half to 4 hour drive from Southampton and have to work on Friday so it will be an early start for us on Saturday morning. We plan to leave home around 6 am. 

Hopefully the next 2 days won't drag too much.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

kernow - quick question. I'd be interested to know if Sky Pad is open? Thanks!

I'll let you know, I've seen a couple of posts on social media that say it is but not certain.

Just a few more hours left at work then home to finish packing. This time tomorrow we should be onboard.

This was my view from the car park near work this morning, hopefully we'll get weather like this next week!

Towan Beach.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Micnvic said:

Have a fab time. We are cruising Indy in July, our first family cruise. I would love for you to come back and give us any tips or info on the ship. 

Have a a great time 

If you've got any specific questions let me know and I will try and find out.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

I wish I could think of something specific, but I can’t. I would just love to hear you report back and tell us that the food and drink was great. Plus any evening entertainment to loom out for. I hope you see lots of ☀️ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kernow said:

I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this question. But does the ship offer WiFi?? I am sure that I have read that this ship doesn’t have WiFi...but I would appreciate the clarification.

have a fab fab time 

5 minutes ago, Micnvic said:

I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this question. But does the ship offer WiFi?? I am sure that I have read that this ship doesn’t have WiFi...but I would appreciate the clarification.

have a fab fab time 

All of Royal's ships offer WiFi internet access for purchase.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Micnvic said:

have a fab fab time 

I'll look out for the flyers advertising the details and post a picture for you when I see it.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:34 PM, kernow said:

We are due to board on Saturday for Indy's first cruise out of Southampton this year. We're doing a 7 night Northern Europe itinerary.

SAT 18 MAY SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND D 16:30

SUN 19 MAY CRUISING C

MON 20 MAY HAMBURG, GERMANY D 07:00 17:00

TUE 21 MAY CRUISING C

WED 22 MAY OSLO, NORWAY D 07:00 17:00

THU 23 MAY CRUISING C

FRI 24 MAY BRUGES,(ZEEBRUGGE),BELGIUM D 07:00 16:00

SAT 25 MAY SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND D 05:30

We did a fairly similar cruise last year on MSC but we swapped Oslo for an overnight in Amsterdam. This will be our first time to Oslo.

We are Julie, 53 and my DH Mark, 54. We usually cruise a couple of times a year, Royal are probably our favourite cruise line but we do others too.

I know when the ships leave the US there is a lot less info on here so hopefully this will help those cruising out of Southampton this summer. Feel free to ask questions. We haven't bought VOOM but with our 4 free 24hour D+ internet and free roaming in all the ports we should be covered for much of the week.

I'm not one to take lots of photos so there won't be loads but I might pinch a few of Mark's along the way as I know many people like the pics. 

I've been checking the weather forecast daily and it seems to change but generally I think it will be around 18-20 deg c in ports with a mix of sunshine and showers, typical British weather! I don't think chair hogs at the pool will be a problem this trip☺️

We live about a 3 and a half to 4 hour drive from Southampton and have to work on Friday so it will be an early start for us on Saturday morning. We plan to leave home around 6 am. 

Hopefully the next 2 days won't drag too much.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise.

We get on next Saturday for the 3 night cruise to Zeebrugge and Le Havre.

Graham.

Just dropped our cat Lily around to my parents who are looking after her for the week. Now relaxing with a night cap before an early start in the morning.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, kernow said:

Just dropped our cat Lily around to my parents who are looking after her for the week. Now relaxing with a night cap before an early start in the morning.

image.jpeg

Nice drinks.

Safe journey tomorrow.

We're here. It took 5 minutes to go through security and check in and now we're sitting in group A waiting to board. 

No separate lines for C&A or Key but that may have been because there were no queues yet. They did look at the sea pass to tell us where to sit.

image.jpeg

• Like 1