Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

On 5/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, Saman said:

Thanks for all this info , we are sailing Baltic cruise next week not on the same ship but info on what goes on in Europe is good , if you have a chance could you look at prices of bottles of red wine in dining room?

I live in Spain but i'm from Cornwall too . Enjoy your holiday xx

This is the dining room wine list. All the prices on Indy already include the service charge.

20190520_204945.jpg

20190520_205225.jpg

On 5/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, kernow said:

Boarding opened at 10.45 and we were straight on

Thought we had made a mistake and boarded a Celebrity ship when we saw they were giving out free sparkling wine!

20190518_113118.jpg

We went on Indy in 2017 and got the welcome aboard sparkling wine which we thought was a nice start to the cruise. We are not big drinkers and don't normally drink during the day but on embarkation day it just seems to set the cruise off lovely.

The following year we were looking forward to it again but there was none to be found.

We go again in 6 weeks times and had thought to bring our own bottle of Cava but maybe we don't have to now! But I suppose it could be down to the CD and as Jamie had now left and been replaced by Mark maybe he will do things differently.

11 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

We go again in 6 weeks times and had thought to bring our own bottle of Cava but maybe we don't have to now! But I suppose it could be down to the CD and as Jamie had now left and been replaced by Mark maybe he will do things differently.

How does the CD have anything to do with welcome aboard wine? 

9 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

How does the CD have anything to do with welcome aboard wine? 

Because there would be a cost involved and someone must control a budget for passenger perks and how it is spent. The CD would perhaps be that person.

7 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Because there would be a cost involved and someone must control a budget for passenger perks and how it is spent. The CD would perhaps be that person.

No - CD is in charge of entertainment and activities. Hotel Director or Food and Beverage Director would be responsible for this.

13 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

The Hotel director is in charge of Food and Beverage manager.

On Explorer they allocated ice show seating my Muster station.. so much easier than having to queue for tickets. 

It always amuses me that Americans have never heard of Take That!!! 

Going to see them (again) this weekend 🎶 💃  💕 

great review..!

Edited by little britain

21 minutes ago, Micnvic said:

Is there a dress code for the MDR in the evening? We are booked for every evening, but dh hates trousers and always wears smart shorts (not sports shorts). Is it trousers only?

Apart from the formal nights the dress code has been casual every night. I haven't seen anyone in shorts but that doesn't mean there aren't any. We do always notice that cruises from Southampton tend to be smarter than say those in the Caribbean

On these sort of reviews people usually post beautiful pictures of the sea views, I thought I'd show you our view from the VCL this morning. The captain is making good use of the fog horn. 

20190521_102807.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the live review.  Loving it 🙂

We we will be on the Ship on 15 June for a 14 night Western Med cruise and this is really whetting our appetite. 

Just a quick question if I may, do you know what the upper cost limit on the drinks package is now that the gratuities are added to the prices shown?  I know it was $12 previously but assume it will have changed to reflect the 18% gratuity. 

Once again thanks for the review. 

Ian. 

Edited by jaz33

25 minutes ago, jaz33 said:

Thanks for the live review.  Loving it 🙂

We we will be on the Ship on 15 June for a 14 night Western Med cruise and this is really whetting our appetite. 

Just a quick question if I may, do you know what the upper cost limit on the drinks package is now that the gratuities are added to the prices shown?  I know it was $12 previously but assume it will have changed to reflect the 18% gratuity. 

Once again thanks for the review. 

Ian. 

I actually read this the other day and was going to post but forgot, it's $14

We've just been to the talk with the Dancing on Ice stars and they gave us all the gossip on the show, they were great.

They are performing in the ice show later in the cruise.

20190521_110538.jpg

• Like 1

I don't want to turn this into a tipping thread but I am horrified how many of our fellow passengers are openly saying that they have removed their tips. I always defend the Brits on the tipping threads but I actually feel a bit ashamed of my fellow countrymen now.

I did think it was a bit much to find this in the cabin last night though. We always pre pay and often add more in cash at the end but this seems like they are hoping we will make up for all those not tipping at all.

20190521_115009.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kernow said:

I don't want to turn this into a tipping thread but I am horrified how many of our fellow passengers are openly saying that they have removed their tips. I always defend the Brits on the tipping threads but I actually feel a bit ashamed of my fellow countrymen now.

I did think it was a bit much to find this in the cabin last night though. We always pre pay and often add more in cash at the end but this seems like they are hoping we will make up for all those not tipping at all.

20190521_115009.jpg

That certainly shuts up the people who say the staff don't know who has paid and who hasn't!

I hope the non payers got a similar note in their cabin reminding them what should be done...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, kernow said:

20190521_115009.jpg

Unfortunately it appears to be a contentious issue, especially, it seems, with us Brits. We always pre pay our tips and also tip throughout the cruise where we feel appropriate.  

I suppose the the only logical solution would be to add gratuities to the cruise price. This seems to be the way other cruise lines are going. 

• Like 5

It looked like plenty of loungers available in the picture from the VCL.  Do they really open the outdoor pools, water slides, and flow rider when the temperature is forecast to be so low?

I also noticed the difference in how they list dress for the Windjammer and restaurants, in that they only request that you put a top on and dry off.  This appears even more relaxed than the Caribbean.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

20190521_115009.jpg

I totally agree with you.

I bet a lot of those bragging leave nothing or next to nothing in tips.

We do the same as you and we used to get pre-paid gratuities vouchers to hand out to CS,Waiter, Assistant waiter but this stopped a while ago.

Interesting that they have put that note in your cabin.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It looked like plenty of loungers available in the picture from the VCL.  Do they really open the outdoor pools, water slides, and flow rider when the temperature is forecast to be so low?

Yes everything is open as normal with hardly anyone using them. This would be the perfect cruise for all the flowrider fans, as long as you don't mind the cold there are no queues whatsoever.

IMG_20190521_140234.jpg

IMG_20190521_135836.jpg

IMG_20190521_140118.jpg

13 minutes ago, kernow said:

This would be the perfect cruise for all the flowrider fans, as long as you don't mind the cold there are no queues whatsoever

Not sure you can properly judge Flowrider queues during boogie boarding sessions - check again during stand up session.

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure you can properly judge Flowrider queues during boogie boarding sessions - check again during stand up session.

I'll try to remember to go back during a stand up session and let you know.

8 hours ago, kernow said:

This is the dining room wine list. All the prices on Indy already include the service charge.

20190520_204945.jpg

20190520_205225.jpg

Much appreciated , i hope the weather improves for you !!!

Good morning from Oslo.

We are docked already and it looks like we are right in town. We have no trips planned, we are just going to walk around. We fancy the Ice bar and will call at the Hard Rock Cafe as Mark collects the shirts and this will be a new one. Both places are right in the centre so we'll just have a wonder from there. The weather does not look too bad, a bit grey but could brighten up.

Back to last night, Grease was fantastic, the cast were amazing. I've seen it in the West End and these people were just as good. For all of you coming on here soon, don't miss it. Unfortunately the 9 pm show got cancelled, they announced that one of the cast had a medical issue but the show will be  rescheduled. 

• Like 1