Escape Room - Harmony

We will be on the September 1 Harmony sailing and thinking of doing the Escape Room with my adult (in their 20's) kids.  For those of you who have done the Escape Room on Harmony, is it worth doing?  I haven't done an Escape Room but my kids have.  When do we pick the time to do the Escape Room?  Would it just be the 6 of us in a group or would others be in our group?  I'm fine either way...I'd just like to know.

Thanks so much

11 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

We will be on the September 1 Harmony sailing and thinking of doing the Escape Room with my adult (in their 20's) kids.  For those of you who have done the Escape Room on Harmony, is it worth doing?  I haven't done an Escape Room but my kids have.  When do we pick the time to do the Escape Room?  Would it just be the 6 of us in a group or would others be in our group?  I'm fine either way...I'd just like to know.

Thanks so much

We did it a couple of weeks ago. It was $19 as I recall. I think it was worth it as we had never done one before . You book at Guest Services after you board the ship. You would be with others , up to 12 people I think. You will want that size group as you need ideals from everyone. Was a fun hour , but we did not solve the puzzle and are now stuck in outer space . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xeriod said:

... but we did not solve the puzzle and are now stuck in outer space . 

Well, at least you have internet access out there.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, xeriod said:

We did it a couple of weeks ago. It was $19 as I recall. I think it was worth it as we had never done one before . You book at Guest Services after you board the ship. You would be with others , up to 12 people I think. You will want that size group as you need ideals from everyone. Was a fun hour , but we did not solve the puzzle and are now stuck in outer space . 

I think I want to be stuck in outer space😉.  

My granddaughter and I just might sign up for it!  I told her about it and she said "what if they don't let us out of there"?

I am going to the cruise planner right now!😉

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I think I want to be stuck in outer space😉.  

My granddaughter and I just might sign up for it!  I told her about it and she said "what if they don't let us out of there"?

I am going to the cruise planner right now!😉

Oh no!  One has to be 14 years old!  Oh well I tried!🙄

16 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Oh no!  One has to be 14 years old!  Oh well I tried!🙄

I think it is actually now 12.  The website hasn't been updated.  If you continue through the registration process it changes to 12.  At least it does for Harmony coming up in a couple weeks.  The cruise compass also says 12.  Not sure how old your granddaughter is though.

My in-laws were curious about this.  Is it easy for those that have mobility issues?  They can walk just very slowly and not for long lengths of time.  Are there any chairs or benches in the room?

• 5 weeks later...

We did it 2 years ago when it was only 8.99, but at $20 it's still a deal when you look at prices of Escape rooms in your area. We solved it with a few minutes to spare with about 14 of us. It was very challenging, but with everyone thinking "outside the box" we made it out....and it was fun seeing our escape mates throughout the cruise:) The hour goes by VERY fast!!!

Does anyone know if the puzzle has changed from 2 years ago? I would love to participate again in Sept., but feel it would be unfair if the puzzle is still the same.

4 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

We did it 2 years ago when it was only 8.99, but at $20 it's still a deal when you look at prices of Escape rooms in your area. We solved it with a few minutes to spare with about 14 of us. It was very challenging, but with everyone thinking "outside the box" we made it out....and it was fun seeing our escape mates throughout the cruise:) The hour goes by VERY fast!!!

Does anyone know if the puzzle has changed from 2 years ago? I would love to participate again in Sept., but feel it would be unfair if the puzzle is still the same.

Same puzzle. 

My family did the escape room on the symphony and we loved it. There were 5 of us and we were grouped up with four others. My niece is only 12 and was able to participate. We booked thru the cruise planner a few days before the cruise. We did not escape (we were super close), but we had a blast, I’d recommend it.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:19 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

No chairs or benches but it’s not that big a room.  

i recall a bench around the table in the middle of the room.  The staff member was sitting there but it was big enough for two.  That being said, in order to solve the puzzle you probably need to walk around and be engaged.