What to do until MIdnight in Vancouver??

My question is identical to one further down - but we will have going on 15 hours to kill after disembarking early morning and flying out to Australia at just before midnight. Luggage will complicate things as well.  Any thoughts please??  Day use hotel could be an answer but normally hotel rooms can't be accessed until around 2PM. A day tour where we could take luggage with us could be another option?? Don't necessarily want to see or do anything really around Vancouver - although it has been quite a while since we were there last - just don't want tyo hang around like lost souls for so long 😞

There are extended day tours - not having to be at YVR until 9pm or later you could easily make it up to Whistler. If you were here before the Olympics, a lot has changed both locally and up there - even the road got some pretty hefty cash thrown at it to improve it!

I think you first challenge upon debarking is luggage storage...

• CDS will take your luggage at the cruise terminal for around $40 and deliver it to the airport for pickup.  They are closed now, but rumor has it there will be operational in mid-June
  • some of the downtown hotels will store it for you with a fee
  • ride the subway to the airport to drop the luggage off at the airport for CDS storage and then return downtown
  • post-cruise tour with luggage drop off at Airport?

Once the luggage is put away... possible ideas...

• Dim Sum for brunch?
  • Bella's for a cold one?

When were you last in Vancouver?  Capilano has expanded and Sea 2 Sky gondola may be new for you.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:20 PM, bazzaw said:

A day tour where we could take luggage with us could be another option??

On 5/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, xlxo said:

post-cruise tour with luggage drop off at Airport?

Be careful with this option - if you're not getting dropped off at the airport they may not take the luggage, and what would you do with it once the tour is done anyway?

I had the same "issue" (such a tough issue to have, huh?) this month - disembark at 7 AM with a flight at 11 PM.  I did a tour suggested by someone on the roll call for my trip.  It was ~7 hours and stopped at Horseshoe Bay, Shannon Falls, Sea to Sky Gondola and the Brittania Mine Museum.  They would not take my bag on the bus since I was not taking the bus to the airport, but the hotel right at the cruise port (Pan Pacific Hotel) stored it for $5 CAD, it was then a 10 minute walk around the corner to the train station to take the Sky Train to YVR, with my bag in tow.

I actually had to find a way to kill some time, the tour dropped me off around 5, and find a place for food.  I still ended up at the airport an hour before I could check in.

Yup, that was the tour.  They picked me up at the cruise terminal (or would have if there wasn't an event causing the road to be closed that day) and dropped me off wherever I wanted since I wasn't staying the night nor going to the airport right away.  The bus can take you right to the airport if you wish (select YVR drop off) but since your flight is so late you'll be spending several hours "outside" security as check-in doesn't open until 3 hours before the flight.  The company told me when I called to inquire that they would not take my suitcase on the bus if I was not taking that bus to the airport.

Since your flight is so late, as mine was, you'll need to find someplace to "park" your bag after the tour anyway, unless you want to drag it around for a couple hours.  I was planning on using CDS but, as noted before, they're not yet operating at the cruise terminal this year so I had to pivot and end up taking my bag to the airport myself after storing it for the day.

Edited by hallux