First Cruise on Any Line

QueSeraSera

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

We just completed our first cruise, and we had a truly wonderful experience.  I thank the people who posted above and elsewhere on the SS boards.  Their posts were truly helpful.  We have no regrets about booking with Silversea.  A few thoughts I'd like to share for any others who might be in the same position we were "pre-cruise" before letting this thread fade away:

1.  Advice from experienced SS cruisers is well worth heeding, we found no experience that contradicted it.  The advice can be found among many threads on this board.

2.  Get ready for some spectacular food!  Every day, every meal!

3.  We used the self-serve laundry twice on our cruise, on one occasion we had to wait a bit.  We found it effective and the laundry room clean.  We also sent a few things "out", this was reasonable in cost and 100% satisfactory.

4.  We did overpack a bit (my example: too many t-shirts).  Men, do bring a sport coat.

5.  Our butler was a delight, very helpful but not at all obtrusive (thank you Rodolfo!).  As others point out above, if unsure, just ask, the butler is there to enhance your cruise.

6.  Included wines are quite good. 

7.  Do some on-board activities.  DW and I enjoyed our beginning Italian class, and the on-board lecturer's classes were interesting and helpful as he interpreted the lands we were visiting. 

A theme in the comments above: relax and enjoy.  So true.

Glad you enjoyed your first cruise so much:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, QueSeraSera said:

We just completed our first cruise, and we had a truly wonderful experience.  I thank the people who posted above and elsewhere on the SS boards.  Their posts were truly helpful.  We have no regrets about booking with Silversea.  A few thoughts I'd like to share for any others who might be in the same position we were "pre-cruise" before letting this thread fade away:

1.  Advice from experienced SS cruisers is well worth heeding, we found no experience that contradicted it.  

A theme in the comments above: relax and enjoy.  So true.

Appreciate this excellent summary, the various comments and this helpful follow-up.  Great sharing to be benefit others as they research and plan for sailing with Silversea.  Happy to hear how well your sailing work.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 237,383 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1