New Promo Oceans of Extras

KAKcruiser

It's for "select Fall 2019 to Spring 2020 sailings" - All rooms receive an onboard credit (based on room type and sailing length - from $50pp up to $300pp) and 1 night at the Pinncale Grill, suites add 1 night Canaletto and a $50 beverage card per person (1&2nd guests only).  Deposits are refundable.

SNOOZE ........

zzzzzzzzz .......

• Like 3

I was just on the HAL website and this is the Promo that appeared.  Looks like a rebranded Explore 4 Promo.

Book your 2020-2021 cruise now and receive our best offer of the season, valued at up to US$1200, including: free Signature Beverage Package; free dinner at the Pinnacle Grill; free or reduced fares for kids; 50% reduced deposit.

Bonus offer for Suites: Receive all of the above plus US$200 onboard spending money!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

I was just on the HAL website and this is the Promo that appeared.  Looks like a rebranded Explore 4 Promo.

Book your 2020-2021 cruise now and receive our best offer of the season, valued at up to US$1200, including: free Signature Beverage Package; free dinner at the Pinnacle Grill; free or reduced fares for kids; 50% reduced deposit.

Bonus offer for Suites: Receive all of the above plus US$200 onboard spending money!

This promotion ends May 31.  It has been on the site for a month or two.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This promotion ends May 31.  It has been on the site for a month or two.

Are you sure its the same one?  Yesterday I was looking at booking for Spring of 2020 and got $300 (for 2 people) OBC for a 7 day cruise and nothing else.  I then tried a travel website and got the cruise $300 (for 2) less.

20 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Are you sure its the same one?  Yesterday I was looking at booking for Spring of 2020 and got $300 (for 2 people) OBC for a 7 day cruise and nothing else.  I then tried a travel website and got the cruise $300 (for 2) less.

I am speaking of the Explore 4 that terrydtx is speaking of.  The promo OP is speaking of is new.  I saw it on the site yesterday as it was loading up.

I could not find the details of Oceans of Extras on the HAL site, so I got this from another travel site:

Oceans of Extras - Book between May 16, 2019 and June 30, 2019 and receive an Onboard Cash Credit of up to $300! Receive $100 for Inside and Oceanview, $150 for Balcony, and $300 for Suites. Onboard credit is per stateroom, not per person. 

Oceans of Extras Suite Bonus - Guests who book a suite category stateroom between May 16, 2019 and June 30, 2019 receive one complimentary Cannaletto dinner and one complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner per person and a Beverage Card valued at US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom). Offers apply only to guests 1 and 2 in the stateroom and are not transferable or refundable nor redeemable for cash.. Offer is valid when booking select Holland America sailings departing between September 2019 and April 2020. Restrictions may apply; please see terms and conditions for complete details.

IMO, not a great deal, as the travel website I used showed a $250 pp lower price if you did not take it vs the $250 pp "value" of the perks.  I would rather have the lower price and spend my money where I want (plus sometimes we end up with excess OBC anyway). 

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

If you go to the HAL homepage and scroll to the very bottom to Cruise Deals and click on it, that is where I found the Oceans of Extras promo.  

Thanks for posting - although it still does not give all the details - typical HAL!  I am looking at a 7 day cruise for this promotion, and I am seeing $300 in OBC for a suite (of the $600 it mentions) - so I assume the $600 is for the longer cruises.

With this new information, I repriced my cruise from what I have for the cruise I booked last Friday.  My fare went up by $50 pp, but I get about $100 in extra perks, so a net of $50 pp.  

They are two separate promos that cover different sailing date ranges.  This is common with Holland America and Princess to do this.

The "Oceans of Extras" promotion applies to September 2019 through April 2020 sailings.

The "Early Booking Bonus" promotion (called Expolre4 in previous years) is for May 2020 through April 2021 sailings.

The promotions may not apply to all sailings, fare types or discount offers that HAL has available.

52 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks for posting - although it still does not give all the details - typical HAL!  I am looking at a 7 day cruise for this promotion, and I am seeing $300 in OBC for a suite (of the $600 it mentions) - so I assume the $600 is for the longer cruises.

Here is the Onboard credit breakdown for "Oceans of Extras" promo by category and sailing length:

Onboard spending money is for guests 1 and 2 sharing a stateroom and is offered in the following amounts:

Cruises of 7-11 days: interior and ocean-view staterooms receive US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom); lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$75 per person (US$150 per stateroom), and suites receive US$150 per person (US$300 per stateroom)

Cruises of 12+ days: interior and ocean-view staterooms receive US$100 per person (US$200 per stateroom); lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$150 per person (US$300 per stateroom), and suites receive US$300 per person (US$600 per stateroom). 

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Here is the Onboard credit breakdown for "Oceans of Extras" promo by category and sailing length:

Onboard spending money is for guests 1 and 2 sharing a stateroom and is offered in the following amounts:

Cruises of 7-11 days: interior and ocean-view staterooms receive US$50 per person (US$100 per stateroom); lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$75 per person (US$150 per stateroom), and suites receive US$150 per person (US$300 per stateroom)

Cruises of 12+ days: interior and ocean-view staterooms receive US$100 per person (US$200 per stateroom); lanai and verandah staterooms receive US$150 per person (US$300 per stateroom), and suites receive US$300 per person (US$600 per stateroom). 

And if you book a suite, you get one Canaletto dinner, one Pinnacle dinner, and a $50 beverage card pp (first two guests only).

I looked at an 11 day cruise in a NS. Difference between the two fares was $300 pp. So each person pays $300 to get two dinners, $150 obc, and $50 bev card. That's paying $300 to get slightly less than $300 in perks. I forget the specialty restaurant prices. Is it $50 for Pinnacle now? Canaletto isn't $50. And if you're 3 star or more, you get a discount on the specialty restaurants, further decreasing the value of this promo.

4 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

And if you book a suite, you get one Canaletto dinner, one Pinnacle dinner, and a $50 beverage card pp (first two guests only).

I looked at an 11 day cruise in a NS. Difference between the two fares was $300 pp. So each person pays $300 to get two dinners, $150 obc, and $50 bev card. That's paying $300 to get slightly less than $300 in perks. I forget the specialty restaurant prices. Is it $50 for Pinnacle now? Canaletto isn't $50. And if you're 3 star or more, you get a discount on the specialty restaurants, further decreasing the value of this promo.

I had posted the full promo earlier in the thread w/ the dining inclusions, just not a breakdown of onboard credit amounts by length of sailing/room type.  

Pinnacle is $35pp and Canaletto is $15pp if I remember correctly, so a $50 combined value per person.  

Definitely sounds like you are better to take the lower fare, provided it has a refundable deposit!

Well. I just rebooked my 7 day cruise and am $50 pp ahead.  One nice thing about booking with a HAL PCC - we handled the entire change through emails (could have phoned if I wanted) and it was very quick and easy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Got it on our Koningsdam 24 day collector cruise in January 2021.

Denise😊

I am booked in a Neptune Suite as a solo and when I did a dummy booking for my 34 day cruise in December, the OBC was $600. When I did the same dummy booking for two people, the OBC was again a total of $600.

It looks like Holland America is at last giving something to the solo traveler (that will be the day). From Post #13 however it seems that either the Booking Engine or the T&C are incorrect.

""and suites receive US$300 per person (US$600 per stateroom).""

46 minutes ago, TTFromSommersTown said:

I am booked in a Neptune Suite as a solo and when I did a dummy booking for my 34 day cruise in December, the OBC was $600. When I did the same dummy booking for two people, the OBC was again a total of $600.

It looks like Holland America is at last giving something to the solo traveler (that will be the day). From Post #13 however it seems that either the Booking Engine or the T&C are incorrect.

""and suites receive US$300 per person (US$600 per stateroom).""

Crazy, but not unusual for HAL!  Left hand and right hand do not communicate.