3 years old, at dining package + NCL Joy for Alaska

abhisheks77

Hi,

There is a deal for NCL Joy. If we opt for Balcony, there are few free perks. One of them is - With Free Specialty Dining, Guests 1 & 2 receive a Dining Package with up to 5 free meals at our Specialty Dining venues.

We are two adults and a (just turning) 3 years old. If we choose to go with any free dining package, do we pay only for one person ? He anyway doesn't eat full food :-) Or they are flexible to let him chew from our plate ?

Thanks

You won’t need to pay anything for the child unless they are going to order from the restaurant menu, which I assume isn’t the case here.

There is a kids menu (which is the same in all restaurants) which is free. I’m sure they will be catered for somehow even if they don’t want anything on that menu.

There are occasionally issues in Teppanyaki, as seating is limited and I have heard reports of children being charged for the place even if they don’t order from the menu, but I believe that there are plenty of tables on the Joy, so I don’t think that will be a problem.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Kids used to be half price, which was great - my 3 year old loved moderno. Now it’s an expensive option unless you use the kids menu.  

In my opinion, paying even half price to feed a 3 year old Brazilian steakhouse meat is a waste of money. They'd prefer hotdogs and mac and cheese.

16 hours ago, abhisheks77 said:

Hi,

There is a deal for NCL Joy. If we opt for Balcony, there are few free perks. One of them is - With Free Specialty Dining, Guests 1 & 2 receive a Dining Package with up to 5 free meals at our Specialty Dining venues.

We are two adults and a (just turning) 3 years old. If we choose to go with any free dining package, do we pay only for one person ? He anyway doesn't eat full food 🙂 Or they are flexible to let him chew from our plate ?

Thanks

The Just Turning 3 year old can enjoy the complimentary kids menu at all restaurants. And no waiter in their right mind would gripe about a 3-year old tasting mommy's yummy food.

dd1be58be101758e5b24dda91f3e18ed.heic

You can also consider having the 3yo checked into the kids club while you enjoy a Specialty meal. Feed the baby at the buffet beforehand and go enjoy an adult evening. The toddler will likely have more fun too and be all ready for bed when you return. 

22 minutes ago, abhisheks77 said:

My son is turning 3 on the cruise. Half of my trip, he will be 2 and last 2 days, he will be 3.

Do they have entry or something, which validates his age ?

Yes, they have their birthday in the system, and will not let them in kids club until they are actually 3. 

Do they have some play area for children under three ? I was going through their details and there is one program called Guppy nursery, but one note says “Guppies Nursery is only offered on the Norwegian Escape”.

we are not looking for babysitting but place where he can play, run around and explore some toys, etc.

6 minutes ago, abhisheks77 said:

Do they have some play area for children under three ? I was going through their details and there is one program called Guppy nursery, but one note says “Guppies Nursery is only offered on the Norwegian Escape”.

we are not looking for babysitting but place where he can play, run around and explore some toys, etc.

I can not speak specifically for the Joy,  it every NCL ship I have been on (Dawn class, Jewel class, Epic, and Breakaway class) has had a Guppies play room. It is different from guppies nursery, it is a play room where you can play with your child that is open all day. Usually it is not staffed, but there are one or two brief staffed programs each day. Story times, arts and crafts. Etc. 

1 hour ago, abhisheks77 said:

There is usually a small playroom. And watch the Freestyle Daily for guppies activities (we are just off the Escape and there were guppy activities in the Atrium daily. A little play. Music. Bubbles. 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is usually a small playroom. And watch the Freestyle Daily for guppies activities (we are just off the Escape and there were guppy activities in the Atrium daily. A little play. Music. Bubbles. 

Thanks