can i make my flight

I could only find an affordable air flight out of hobby for  10:40 am on the day I get off the Liberty.I have never did walk off before  so here is my question . Will I have enough time to make my   flight    ???  Thanks for any help 

26 minutes ago, help04me said:

I could only find an affordable air flight out of hobby for  10:40 am on the day I get off the Liberty.I have never did walk off before  so here is my question . Will I have enough time to make my   flight    ???  Thanks for any help 

I wouldn't attempt it in any way shape or form, not saying it's impossible just highly unlikely!  Galveston is 46 miles from Hobby so ONLY if the weather is perfect, no fog, no customs delay, etc, might walking off at the very first possibility and booking it may get you there.  I haven't tried it though, just basing it on what I know from flying out of Hobby that weather is often my nemesis and have read the same goes for that port.  When is your cruise?

• Like 1

So the question is...if it's the only flight you can afford, do you have an option? If all of us say "no way you can make it", what do you do then?

I sure as heck wouldn't try it due to so many unknowns at that port.

• Like 1

You didn't say what time you are scheduled to return.  If your itinerary says 8am, then under good conditions the ship might start disembarkation 7:30am.  You would connect with your transportation and be on your way about 8:30.  Arrive airport and check in about 9:30.  That's only one hour before flight time.  Technically you should be there sooner.  Any delay or anything that is not perfect means you risk missing the flight.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, help04me said:

That flight would be too early for me, too many chances for delay.  However, if the ship gets in at 6am, you are first in the self-assist line, you have a private shuttle service, and you are on your way to Hobby by 7am, you should make it.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago, we were returning to Galveston on the Liberty.  Unbeknownst to us, probably when we were eating dinner, the ship return to Cozumel because of a very sick passenger.  When we awoke at 7 AM, we expected to be tied to the dock, but we hadn’t entered the ship’s channel yet.  I think we docked around 10 AM.  Just saying that things happen.  In a perfect world you might make it, but nobody really knows!

• Like 1