Merged Topics - Server Errors

My feeling, if it was important enough for CC (hurting their pocketbook) they would have had a much better experience for their user. For example if this was Trip Advisor (I'm sure a huge money maker) these problems would be a non factor.

Their sandbox and they allow us to play in it. Except on Sundays.

1 minute ago, Mike981 said:

My feeling, if it was important enough for CC (hurting their pocketbook) they would have had a much better experience for their user. For example if this was Trip Advisor (I'm sure a huge money maker) these problems would be a non factor.

Maybe Chick-Fil-A bought Cruise Critic.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Hmmm... I think/thought that CC was part of the TA group!    This is the only site that I know of, that has issues on a regular basis....  Go figure??:classic_cool::classic_sad:    Maybe to point people elsewhere.....??:classic_ninja::classic_unsure:   It IS a travel agency!

Edited by jwjax

Second week in a row with no access.  So, is this a new Sunday thing?  We're not allowed to access any cruise line forums on Sundays anymore?  Is this site now catering to the ultra-religious who take Sunday as a day of rest?

Seriously, this is ridiculous.  Get it together, CC. 

• Like 1

Honestly, the fact that this keeps happening makes me wonder why they switched forums to begin with. “If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.” These issues never happened with the old one. I can’t recall anything similar either. So what was the reason for the switch? I would genuinely like to know, just out of curiosity. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Honestly, the fact that this keeps happening makes me wonder why they switched forums to begin with. “If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.” These issues never happened with the old one. I can’t recall anything similar either. So what was the reason for the switch? I would genuinely like to know, just out of curiosity. 

I occasionally got the CloudFront bad gateway message on the old site.  It only ever happened between 2:00am and 5:00am CT.  The entire boards site was inaccessible during that time.  I never noticed a pattern of it happening on any particular day.  I only noticed the timeframe.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

Let me know if anyone is still getting the error - I was told it was an issue during maintenance yesterday and that it shouldn't be an issue any longer.  However I just wanted to double check that everyone is able to access their forums today 🙂

Happy Monday

Hi, Jenn, 

Same SQL server error again today,   Is every Sunday a routine maintenance period?  What time is it scheduled to start each week?

Thanks for for your help 

8 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

What just happened to our Royal Princess Feb 5 Roll Call, it just doubled in pages, now shows 333 pages.  Whoa! Is this permanent?

Honestly not sure.  My tech team was alerted to the server issue so perhaps just an anomaly while it’s being sorted out 

1 hour ago, richsea said:

How long do we have to endure this intermittent inability to open forums??  

Thank you, Rich!! I seem to be able to get onto every forum here -- except for the Celebrity and RC forums (which I have upcoming cruises on). :classic_wacko:

PLEASE get it together, CruiseCritic!:classic_angry: