Merged Topics - Server Errors

54 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Has there been any discussion about this particular problem?  User issue? Site Issue? Anything?  

Thanks. 

The problem was reported on Friday in the thread to which I linked above.  That same day, Jenn of CC's Help Desk replied and stated that she had let the "tech team" know.   Since Friday, however, the problem has gotten worse.  I'm not sure anyone on the "tech team" works on the weekend.   

[It seems pretty clear it's a site issue, not a user issue.]

Edited by Turtles06

Is this error message related to Cruise Critic? I keep getting a blank white page and occasionally this error message at the top.  Please tell me it is Cruise Critic and not a problem with my computer.  FYI, this is happening on the Princess board. I am using Firefox

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by hpeabody

9 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Is this error message related to Cruise Critic? I keep getting a blank white page and occasionally this error message at the top.  Please tell me it is Cruise Critic and not a problem with my computer.  FYI, this is happening on the Princess board. I am using Firefox

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Me too. Thx for reporting.

Getting 3 different anomalies:

HTTP 500 error
That’s odd… the website can’t display this page

Blank page

Templatecore/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been happening for about 3 to 4 days.

I'm tired of this and note there is less traffic on the boards. Sorry but frustrating waste of time.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The problem was reported on Friday in the thread to which I linked above.  That same day, Jenn of CC's Help Desk replied and stated that she had let the "tech team" know.   Since Friday, however, the problem has gotten worse.  I'm not sure anyone on the "tech team" works on the weekend.   

Thank You.  Much appreciated!   

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I DO hope that the tech-team is paying attention. It just took me 5 tries (from logging-in) to get to this page! Yep -- I'm logging out now -- hope that this is fixed soon. I love CC, but this is simply becoming an exercise in frustration! 🤯

getting a bunch of 504 errors when trying to load, one time it came with a list of about 30 previous non cc websites in very small red print. Was at dinner watching ship come in and wanted pictures so couldn't documnet

Common errors ere clicking latest time to go to last message, or reading thread and using back button to go bck to prior page

I get the blank page too.  I am posting in the hope that one of the threads I have posted to will eventually show me some sort of notification that things are being corrected (I'm not getting emails anymore, and only occasionally, notifications on my bell).

I'm ready to give up!

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I keep getting a blank page (on my devices and computer).  Also on my iPhone CC and Tapatalk won't let me in at all, just makes me log in over and over.

I don’t get the repeated log in issue now but I do get the blank pages on IPhone and iPad and in chrome and safari. 

Edited by Pushka

I got error messages all weekend...……..that message that says 500 or something......knocks you off the site...……...

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

These issues should be resolved.  Please let me know if you continue to encounter any errors 

Thanks Jenn, so far so good this morning.   But as Essiesmom said above, it's as though a switch got flipped on a Monday morning after an entire weekend of increasing problems.

I know that you reported the problems to the tech team on Friday.  Unfortunately, the problems got much worse throughout the weekend (as the multiple threads that were started underscore).   I think it would help all of us manage expectations if we knew whether the "tech team" was doing any work on this over the weekend, as well as whether anyone associated with CC support monitors this forum or the Help desk email over the weekend in the event that major problems are occurring (as they were this weekend).   It's clear from all the posts over the weekend that people have no idea what happens with tech support over the weekend nor what to expect when there are problems.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Turtles06 is correct of course.  We could have provided more information over the weekend, if we had any.  We didn't.  I've always felt posting nothingness is annoying to people (at least it is to me).

I can assure you though that we (meaning the team here at Cruise Critic) always does everything in our power to either fix something or request that it gets fixed.

Laura

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LauraS said:

Turtles06 is correct of course.  We could have provided more information over the weekend, if we had any.  We didn't.  I've always felt posting nothingness is annoying to people (at least it is to me).

I can assure you though that we (meaning the team here at Cruise Critic) always does everything in our power to either fix something or request that it gets fixed.

Laura

Actually, posting, "we hear you, we've reported it, but until the tech people look into it(next day, in two days, when they get back to work), we can't tell you why, or when it will be fixed".

So we know that someone heard us.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 4