Merged Topics - Server Errors

21 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Has this cleared up for anyone else besides me?

It has not cleared up for me. I just tried to access the Celebrity forum, the page would not load, and I finally got the SQL server error message. The HAL forum would not load either. Haven’t tried others yet, but this is the same problem we had yesterday and a few days ago.

thanks for coming on here to troubleshoot 

Edited to add:  NCL and RCI forums won't load either

Edited by Turtles06

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Happy New Year!

Thanks all for posting/emailing with updates re: the server issues.

I am working with our team to figure out what is going on.    I am getting the same error when choosing a ship from a cruiseline forum (ie: Selecting Carnival Breeze from the main Carnival forum to see all posts about that ship)

Is anyone getting the error doing anything else besides what I described above? Or notice anything else that you do before that error occurs?  Thanks for your help 🙂  

Yes, I have gotten the server error message multiple times in the last several days trying to access the Royal Caribbean forum - I have only been able to get in once and that was in the very early hours yesterday.

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Currently In this forum I clicked on my screen name. I was just able to view and responded to threads (Celebrity and RCI forums) I did before the this mornings shut down. Weird. 😕

Still getting the server errors on RC & Celebrity which I check mostly.

18 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Still getting the server errors on RC & Celebrity which I check mostly.

I do too. But in this forum I was playing around and I clicked on my screen name and like always brought up my past posts. From there I could click on a post I posted to earlier, review it and post to. You can't access the whole forum from that though. I just found it to be weird to be able to do that but the forums for RCI or Celebrity (for me) won't open. Probably wasn't worth mentioning as it isn't a work around. Just another weird anomaly. 

Edited by davekathy

For the last 2 days, I have had difficulty accessing cruise line forums,,,esp Celeb.

I can get to my roll calls and the port boards  ok...but otherwise very little to no luck.

I did not see any  maint announcements...

Has anyone else had trouble or is it just me?  

Oops..and sorry 

I posted a sep inquiry just a few minutes ago, not realizing this thread was my answer.,

Realized it when I got that same error messgae and the 500 error code and looked that up.,

Hope it gets resolved soon

36 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

No !!! Perhaps you need a "New" team...one that can figure out the problem. Very disappointed in the team that installed the new version of CC and or the one that can't fix it now.

5 minutes ago, ssb said:

Well has Cruise Critic responded to site or anyone. This has been going on for days ????

Yes. They responded to an Email I sent them last night saying they are aware of the problem and working on it. CC was fully functional up until about 10:00 AM MST today.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Happy New Year!

Thanks all for posting/emailing with updates re: the server issues.

I am working with our team to figure out what is going on.    I am getting the same error when choosing a ship from a cruiseline forum (ie: Selecting Carnival Breeze from the main Carnival forum to see all posts about that ship)

Is anyone getting the error doing anything else besides what I described above? Or notice anything else that you do before that error occurs?  Thanks for your help 🙂  

Hi Host Jenn, thanks for taking the time to address this.   I can easily access sub boards such as "lindblad"   the more active sub boards seem to be the problem,   I am getting two different error messages the ubiquitous 'MySQL'   as well as this one:

746179849_ScreenShot2018-12-30at6_57_42PM.thumb.png.bb72a56f4d28601a9e3f6251dd947c6b.png

Hope this helps, & Happy New Year to you!

51 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

No Can't Do ... I just bailed out of Chrome & Firefox browsers.  Launch MS Edge browser, which I seldom used - on MS Windows 10 Pro, latest & updated patches.  NCL Roll Call is fine, but on the main NCL forum, the SQL 500 error is still there, refreshed & still not doing anything ... very unlikely to get better results even I boot into a Linux terminal to try, since it appeared to be on the cloud server side of things further upstream (AWS ... CloudFront, etc.)  Problem isn't on "our" side as end users, signing out, closed browser & logged in, etc. - the usual basic troubleshooting not going to fix it.

Edited by mking8288

53 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

No....still the same issue as all day yesterday.. with only a brief window of success this am..  I cannot access Celebrity....but can  I access my 2 Celeb  roll calls and port boards...

Celeb thread functioned much  better before the EDGE thread was integrated into the gen Celeb thread... Maybe it needs to be split out by ship and a gen topic area or at least  set EDGE apart like it was????

Have not been able to get on Holland America cc site for three days.  Today tried Azamara..slow but came up.  P&O came up.  Carnival and Princess also are not coming up.   Sometimes get my SQL server has gone  away but most of the time I get nothing.  

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Celeb thread functioned much  better before the EDGE thread was integrated into the gen Celeb thread... Maybe it needs to be split out by ship and a gen topic area or at least  set EDGE apart like it was????

Too many folks complained 4 years ago when the Quantum section was separated from the rest of the RCI section for too long - it's not going back.