St. Petersburg in one day and TJ Travel

HARP

We did a one day stop in St. Petersburg. We book a one day tour with TJ Travel and here is how it went.

We made the booking weeks in advance online and printed out the tickets that serve as visas.

Noted the time of the tour 08:30-1830. That is kinda your visa time too. The ship said private tours could not leave the ship until

09:00. TJ Travel said that they would wait. We were ready to leave the ship at 08:10 and at 08:20 they made a announcement that

private tours could disenbark. The line at immigrations was only 3 people deep so that process went very fast. Just out side of

immigrations we met Victoria our tour guide. The eleven people on this tour were rounded up very quickly and we were on the bus

and off at 08:35.

I can not say enough good about Victoria as she spoke very good understandable english and was a excellent tour guide at 

the museum, churches and the palaces. She really had her act together. We crammed a two day tour into one day. Credit to the group

we stuck together and we did not have wait because someone got lost. (Someone always does on a bus of 30 or 40 people.)

Lunch was a sit down hot lunch not a box lunch.

St. Petersburg is a beautiful modern city full of history. One week let alone one day is not enough time there.

There was quite a lot of walking so plan on that. Bring your walking shoes. I can say it was worth every step of it.

We returned to the ship at about 18:40.

I highly recommend TJ Travel and Victoria. You will not be disappointed.

HARP--So glad that this tour worked out well for you as we have  a one day tour booked with TJ Travel next month. 

Can I ask what lunch was provided ?

Did you find that you spent alot of time travelling from place to place?

It was mushroom soup, mashed potatoes, and chicken. Dessert was crepes with condensed milk on the side. Followed by coffee or tea.

One guest asked for a veggie meal and it was provided.

Almost much more walking and the short rides were a relief on the feet. Long day but well worth it.

Edited by HARP
Added text
  • Like 1

We were on the two day tour with TJ last summer and can not recommend them highly enough!  The meals both days were very good--a chicken dish one day and beef stroganoff the other. (there were accomodations for anyone who needed another meal available)  Our guide was able to navigate us around the lines and through the venues thoroughly.  We also did an evening tour to a restaurant and Nevsky Prospekt.  We had a small group with two other couples.  Great way to see downtown at night.   Lots of walking everywhere but so worth it.

• Like 1

So glad to see a good review about TJ. For our upcoming Baltic cruise in August/September, I noticed that almost everyone in the roll call seem to have booked with Alla; however we booked with TJ due to a personal recommendation from someone who used them before. Hopefully they won't be as crowded as Alla and provide a much relaxing tour with smaller numbers.