Carnival Breeze Recommendations

Here I am again. After a good two months of going back and forth, we've decided to go on Carnival Breeze (St. Marteen, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk) for our honeymoon in November 2020. 

I've searched the forum about the ship, things on the ship, ect. 

For anyone who has been on the Breeze, feel free to mention anything we can't miss while on board as I am going to keep a list. 

My soon to be husband is pretty excited just to relax (we'll be purchasing Cheers) and enjoy our honeymoon so I'm the one doing the planning. On our San Juan day, we may just stay on the ship. Couples message for sure but we might do a day pass at Marriott Stellaris. 

We have over a year to plan so there's that! 

The Breeze is one of my favorite ships and you are sailing on a great itinerary. I would not recommend missing San Juan completely, but you can walk around the area near the ship , have some local lunch and still be back on board to take advantage of the port day spa specials. San Juan is a gorgeous old city. 

• Like 3

The last poster beat me to it, but San Juan is a must see port in my book. There is a lot to do and see within walking distance from the port.  If you wanted to stay on the ship on one port day, I would recommend Grand Turk. I like Grand Turk and always go to Jack’s Shack when we port there, but I would recommend San Juan over Grand Turk. 

• Like 1

San Juan is one of my favorite ports. If you haven’t been there before I would recommend checking it out. It was the port I was least excited about when our cruise started and when we got back on the ship I was wishing we could do two days in San Juan and skip St. Thomas altogether. 

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

I loved the Breeze... if you can, take advantage of some of the spa amenities- the thalassotherapy pool, their steam rooms and rooms with heated loungers... 

We will be doing this for sure. We booked a Spa Cabin Balcony. 

If you are getting the Cheers package, definitely try out the Alchemy Bar early in the cruise.  They use fresh ingredients and not the heavy sugary mixes the other bars use.  Always ask for a top shelf liquor too.  

We just sailed the Breeze in March, and LOVED the ship! So much, we have a B2B booked on the Magic, the Breeze’s sister ship, for our 50th Anniversary in April 2020. We are an older couple, so late night parties I can’t advise you on, but we loved the trivia in the day, the strings playing in the Atrium when having a cocktail before dinner, and winding down in the evening with Dive In Movies. We prefer the YTD to set dining, because it offers more flexibility. We were not happy with the long lines of the buffet, which is something we never encountered on RCCL and NCL, because those cruise lines set there buffet up differently, with “stations” that you just pop over to the area you want. Carnival’s buffet is old school—you start at one end with a plate, and move along buffet line. But that is a problem with Carnival fleet wide, and until they change the total design of their buffet area, it will continue to be a problem. We just avoided it. We did eat at deli for fabulous sandwiches, great tacos and burritos at Blue Iguana, and who can argue with the delicious Guys Burgers and Pig and Anchor BBQ. We would even grab a slice of pizza as a snack before bed. We pretty much always ate every breakfast and dinner in the MDR. Great food, especially the Sea Day Brunch. I want to make sure I don’t miss the High Tea on my next cruise. As for entertainment, we were not impressed with their Playlist Shows. After seeing Broadway caliber shows on RCCL and NCL, these were a disappointment. We saw them all, and most likely won’t waste our time on next cruise, but this is a subjective matter, and you may like them. We LOVED the comedy shows, and caught them every night. The piano bar was good, too. I hope this helps, and remember, everything on a cruise—food and entertainment—is subjective, so what we might not like, you will. The only way to find out, is try it all! And enjoy a lovely honeymoon! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

The Breeze is one of my favorite ships and you are sailing on a great itinerary. I would not recommend missing San Juan completely, but you can walk around the area near the ship , have some local lunch and still be back on board to take advantage of the port day spa specials. San Juan is a gorgeous old city. 

I was going to post the same thing.  The Breeze is one of the best ships, in my opinion.  I also would recommend getting off of the ship at San Juan.  It's a really neat area to walk around and there are things to see within walking distance of the port.  I had a great time walking through the old forts.  One time we walked to it and the other time we got off of the ship and got on a tour bus for $10 each to see the area.  There are ports where I would stay on the ship, but this isn't one of them.

I was on the Carnival Breeze back in September for the 14 day requisitioning cruise went it left Galveston.

1. My advice is if you like Italian food, do the  Italian restaurant for lunch(its free) as soon as you get on the ship. Most people will not figure out its free until later in the cruise. What I like to do it get a table in the Italian restaurant right next to a window port side and watch the loading operations. There will be hardly anyone there unlike Lido witch will be packed. 

2. There is a little known, but not so secret elevator in the spa area that you can use to get up to the serenity deck. Anyone can use it. It only goes to decks 11, 12, 14, and 15

3. My personal favorite and what I like to tell the young ones, see if you can find deck 13. Here is how you access it:

• Step 1: From deck 2 take any glass elevator to Deck 11. 
  • Step 2: From deck 11 take any elevator to deck 3
  • Step 3: Preferably with a lot of people watching, stand in the middle of the hallway and turn around clockwise 3 times.
  • Step 4: Continue standing standing in the middle of the hallway and turn around counterclockwise 4 times.
  • Step 5: Continue standing standing in the middle of the hallway do 6 jumping jacks
  • Step 7: From desk 3 take a glass elevator to deck 11
  • Step 8: On deck 11 proceeded to the not so secret elevator mentioned above
    Now if you complete all these steps perfectly ***AND*** the ship deems you worthy,   you will see a button appear in that elevator for deck 13, and only you will be able to see it. If it doesn't work the first time, try again, but post video of you doing it to YouTube and post the link here so we can ..um.. comment on any part your may not doing correctly😂 

Enjoy

Edited by wo5m
  • Haha 2

I forgot one.

4. The Carnival Breeze (and all dream class ships) has hot tubs on the Promenade. I love these during the day as there is always one in the shade(I'm a red headed ginger and burn easily). On the 14 day cruise, I could always be found in one of these watching as we were leaving a port. 

Edited by wo5m

8 hours ago, wo5m said:

I was on the Carnival Breeze back in September for the 14 day requisitioning cruise went it left Galveston.

1. My advice is if you like Italian food, do the  Italian restaurant for lunch(its free) as soon as you get on the ship. Most people will not figure out its free until later in the cruise. What I like to do it get a table in the Italian restaurant right next to a window port side and watch the loading operations. There will be hardly anyone there unlike Lido witch will be packed. 

2. There is a little known, but not so secret elevator in the spa area that you can use to get up to the serenity deck. Anyone can use it. It only goes to decks 11, 12, 14, and 15

3. My personal favorite and what I like to tell the young ones, see if you can find deck 13. Here is how you access it:

• Step 1: From deck 2 take any glass elevator to Deck 11. 
  • Step 2: From deck 11 take any elevator to deck 3
  • Step 3: Preferably with a lot of people watching, stand in the middle of the hallway and turn around clockwise 3 times.
  • Step 4: Continue standing standing in the middle of the hallway and turn around counterclockwise 4 times.
  • Step 5: Continue standing standing in the middle of the hallway do 6 jumping jacks
  • Step 7: From desk 3 take a glass elevator to deck 11
  • Step 8: On deck 11 proceeded to the not so secret elevator mentioned above
    Now if you complete all these steps perfectly ***AND*** the ship deems you worthy,   you will see a button appear in that elevator for deck 13, and only you will be able to see it. If it doesn't work the first time, try again, but post video of you doing it to YouTube and post the link here so we can ..um.. comment on any part your may not doing correctly😂 

Enjoy

Something tells me at least one person is going to be upset with you when they follow your directions and still can’t find deck 13 😊

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:02 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Something tells me at least one person is going to be upset with you when they follow your directions and still can’t find deck 13 😊

Then the ship didn't deem them worthy!! 

We LOVE the Tandoor food outside the Marketplace! Delicious! And if Schwartz is the cruise director, you’re in for a real treat. We paid no attention to the cruise directors on our cruises until we had Schwartz. He is the best!!!!!

Edited by ciera123

24 minutes ago, ciera123 said:

We LOVE the Tandoor food outside the Marketplace! Delicious! And if Schwartz is the cruise director, you’re in for a real treat. We paid no attention to the cruise directors on our cruises until we had Schwartz. He is the best!!!!!

I don’t think the Breeze has a Tandoor. If it was located on 10aft by the pizza area, it has been replaced by the Seafood Shack. 

1 minute ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I don’t think the Breeze has a Tandoor. If it was located on 10aft by the pizza area, it has been replaced by the Seafood Shack. 

NOOOOOOOO! That makes me so sad!!!! 😥