Waitlist cabin

traveling6pack

Does anyone know how waitlist cabins work?  We’re waitlisted for a cabin on the Reflection this fall. Do they automatically change the cabin I’m currently in or do they notify me  it’s available and we  have a certain amount of time to respond?

We are waitlisted for a cabin and I don’t know if we are notified but I check  abin availability regular,y.  Since we are booked with a TA I assume any notification would go to them.  

In our case case it isn’t a upgrade we are trying to avoid moving cabins on a B2B.

Edited by jelayne

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

We are waitlisted for a cabin and I don’t know if we are notified but I check  abin availability regular,y.  Since we are booked with a TA I assume any notification would go to them.  

In my case I was booked with a TA and the TA got the notification and contacted me.   On another occasion I was wait listed and saw a CS available online so I put a 24 hour hold on it and called my agent who was able to grab it.

Edited by Jim_Iain

If the concept of waitlist were to work correctly, the cabin you are looking for should never show up in available inventory.  However, I think we all know that lots of things don't work correctly with Celebrity's computer systems!.  We were once waitlisted for a RS and I, like Jim, saw one become available online and I also held it and called my TA immediately and she was able to get it.  So....you are wise to be checking online inventory even though you are waitlisted.

I believe that on Celebrity when you cancel the cabin shows up in inventory 20 minutes after cancellation.   The wait list queue I believe is only run overnight and worked the next day.   For my agent to grab a 24hour hold I once had to cancel the hold and she grabbed it when it showed up again in inventory 20 minutes later.

As Jcpc suggested... .keep an eye out yourself and you may be rewarded.

• 3 weeks later...