Cruise Critic Community
cjdixon4

Why No RC Ships Embarking from San Juan?

Maybe this has been asked previously.  Does anyone know why there are no Royal cruises that sail out of San Juan PR? Those sailings on Adventure out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean were my absolute favorites. I notice that the Caribbean itineraries only include San Juan as a quick port stop now. Just curious about what changed.

8 minutes ago, cjdixon4 said:

Maybe this has been asked previously.  Does anyone know why there are no Royal cruises that sail out of San Juan PR? Those sailings on Adventure out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean were my absolute favorites. I notice that the Caribbean itineraries only include San Juan as a quick port stop now. Just curious about what changed.

You must have some sort of selection or filter wrong, or RC's website is messing with you.  You should see Freedom sailing from San Juan at least until April 2021.

You should see Freedom sailing out of there year-round, with the exception of January/February 2020 due to her drydock, where she will undergo the Royal Amplification. 

We, along with another couple we cruise with, have a November 2020 cruise booked on Freedom out of SJ.

Thanks my good people. It may have been a problem with my filter. I'll try to check it again!

I’m sailing from there on 10/6/2019 on Freedom!

Edited by bigque

5 hours ago, bigque said:

I’m sailing from there on 10/6/2019 on Freedom!

That is incredible... that's my 40th wedding anniversary! Enjoy Freedom!

On 5/17/2019 at 1:17 PM, cot427 said:

You should see Freedom sailing out of there year-round, with the exception of January/February 2020 due to her drydock, where she will undergo the Royal Amplification. 

Yup right in the middle of our normal cruise time and on top of that Vision leaves on Saturday so no time to fly in a day early.

book for 2021 already though.  Love San Juan in winter,  warm from embarkation to debarkation no cool days in southern Caribbean

Edited by cruisegus

My wife and Mother in law are on Freedom right now and will be returning to San Juan tomorrow 🛳️ , and we are booked on Freedom out of San Juan next July 😎