Legend is in Australia now...I'm getting antsy

Out of Iowa

waiting for reviews from passengers who are embarking in Tampa and stopping in the ports our January 2020 cruise will visit!

It's exciting that Legend is now serving Australia and going to some more unusual ports in that part of the world...but it isn't helping me enjoy pre-trip reviews comparable to our own upcoming voyage.  It's been a few years since we sailed on her.  I'd like to read the good stuff before we travel.

Just sayin'

My apologies....but she was or will be going to Australia soon, right?

Nonetheless, choosing a cruise itinerary that isn't what the ship is currently doing really takes away from the enjoyment of reading current passenger's reviews in the run-up to our own voyage, as you could imagine.

5 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

No. The only ships in Australia is the Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor

The Carnival Legend used to sail in Australia

Edited by shof515

7 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

Nonetheless, choosing a cruise itinerary that isn't what the ship is currently doing really takes away from the enjoyment of reading current passenger's reviews in the run-up to our own voyage, as you could imagine.

Legend will leave Alaska in late September, do a 16-day Hawaii, then sail from LA to Tampa in mid-October. At that point it starts Western Caribbean itin's then relocates to Europe for Summer 2020 so I don't see it going to Australia.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Out of Iowa said:

waiting for reviews from passengers who are embarking in Tampa and stopping in the ports our January 2020 cruise will visit!

It's exciting that Legend is now serving Australia and going to some more unusual ports in that part of the world...but it isn't helping me enjoy pre-trip reviews comparable to our own upcoming voyage.  It's been a few years since we sailed on her.  I'd like to read the good stuff before we travel.

Just sayin'

I was on the Legend last year in August for Alaska.   LOVED the ship.   It went through dry dock last spring, so its all freshened up too.

The only thing I didn't like was no big movie screen, so no movies under the stars.  

Enjoy your cruise...you will love the ship.

3 hours ago, joepeka said:

Legend will leave Alaska in late September, do a 16-day Hawaii, then sail from LA to Tampa in mid-October. At that point it starts Western Caribbean itin's then relocates to Europe for Summer 2020 so I don't see it going to Australia.

We're booked on the Legend out of Dover, England for a 9 night Norwegian fiord sailing next June 2020.  Trying to decide if we attempt Iceland either pre or post cruise

• Like 3

I sailed the Legend to Australia back in 2014. I also sailed her sister the Spirit 7 times. I love the Spirit class. Although I like big ships, I do like this class a lot. I will also sail her again in 2020 on the last Med and TA back to Tampa.

I saw both the Legend and the Spirit in Sydney in December. It was cool to see them but it was one of the only times I saw a cruise ship and did not wish that I was on it. My daughter was living in Australia and I was having too much fun having her show me everything.

8 hours ago, joepeka said:

Suez Canal?

Cruisemapper has the itineraries of most ships, so it’s pretty easy to check where they will be. The Legend has itineraries though Feb/2021, and it’s going nowhere near Australia.

Looking at Jan/2020, I’m not sure if the OP is doing Western Caribbean or Panama Canal, but I’m sure they can find plenty of reviews on the Legend until then.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, joepeka said:

23 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Suez Canal?

6 hours ago, joepeka said:

As mentioned, it will be via the Panama Canal. Not sure why any ship would go from LA to Tampa via a route that includes the Suez.

Lol, I should have clarified... I meant for 2021. My primary cruise line has already posted Australia 2021 itineraries and that has been a large discussion topic recently with them getting a new ship. The original post that was quoted showed itineraries in Europe for Summer 2020 with the idea that they wouldn't return to Australia simply because of the Europe cruises.

• Like 1