Medallion Net Internet

mrell345

For those of you that have sailed with ships that have Medallion Net internet (Not to be confused with the Medallion Class).  I have a question.  We are platinum cruisers so for a 7 day cruise we would get 150 minutes of complimentary internet time.  I have heard that within the first 24 hours of boarding you can choose that or get a discount on the medalion net unlimited internet package.  Has anyone taken the package and how much does it cost.

If anyone has sailed on Coral recently, how are the Medallion Net speeds ?

Edited by mrell345

We were just on the Royal last week and purchased the Medallion Net - well worth the investment. With the Platinum/Elite discount the price was $49. We loved being connected all the time with the ability to communicate with our kids and having unlimited internet access. It worked great. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

We were just on the Royal last week and purchased the Medallion Net - well worth the investment. With the Platinum/Elite discount the price was $49. We loved being connected all the time with the ability to communicate with our kids and having unlimited internet access. It worked great. 

What was the length of your cruise? I’m trying to calculate a per day cost with the discount.

If 7 days (equaling $7/day), I’m wondering if the same per day multiplier would apply to cruises of other lengths. 

44 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

What was the length of your cruise? I’m trying to calculate a per day cost with the discount.

If 7 days (equaling $7/day), I’m wondering if the same per day multiplier would apply to cruises of other lengths. 

I'm booked on a 7 day and it's said the sale price online in advance is $59.99

2 minutes ago, kd1irk said:

I'm booked on a 7 day and it's said the sale price online in advance is $59.99

Isn’t $59.99 the pre-cruise discount pricing available to everyone? 

I believe the OP is talking about the unique discount that involves swapping one’s platinum/elite free minutes package for unlimited minutes. 

38 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

On our recent B2B Royal Princess 7-day cruises (only way to book it) we had the option to exchange our free minutes for either $52.50 on each cruise or $89.95 for all 14 days.

Being a MedallionClass cruise Princess combined both bookings into a single cruise for internet minutes resulting in having only 250 minutes instead of 150 minutes per cruise which would have resulted in 300 minutes.

For all types of OBC the amounts were based on 2 cruises and we received 2 minibars & 2 cruise credits.

Combining the cruises resulted in each of us receiving 50 minutes less of internet access.  Our cruise went to Mexico, US & Canada where our cell plan provides free unlimited calls, text & data so we didn’t need an unlimited internet plan onboard.

5 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

I believe the OP is talking about the unique discount that involves swapping one’s platinum/elite free minutes package for unlimited minutes. 

Yes, that is correct. We bought it on the ship the day of embarkation and with the credit for our free minutes package it was offered at a cost of $49.

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

On our recent B2B Royal Princess 7-day cruises (only way to book it) we had the option to exchange our free minutes for either $52.50 on each cruise or $89.95 for all 14 days.

So on a 14 day sailing (this particular B2B anyway), this plat/elite discount comes out to $6.43/day. 

Slightly better than $7/per day on a 7 day sailing but certainly in the same ballpark. 

23 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Yes...that’s the price available to anyone to purchase before sailing on a 7-day MedallionNet cruise.

For our 28-day cruise later this year we have the option to purchase an unlimited internet package in advance for $129.99.  It’s a port intensive Med cruise followed by a transatlantic which might be why it’s relatively cheaper.  On our recent cruise our price to book in advance was available to everyone & will learn later if it’s less for those of us eligible for free internet minutes.  We’ll each have 500 free minutes which will probably be sufficient.

Edited by Astro Flyer

7 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

So on a 14 day sailing (this particular B2B anyway), this plat/elite discount comes out to $6.43/day. 

Slightly better than $7/per day on a 7 day sailing but certainly in the same ballpark. 

Yes...$6.43/day when booked for 14 days in lieu of our free internet minutes.

For our 28-day cruise that’s $4.64/day to purchase in advance which if like our recent cruise is available to anyone.

As I recall the 7-day was $7.50/day ($52.50) but could be wrong based on karatemim2’s $49 experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

25 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Being a MedallionClass cruise Princess combined both bookings into a single cruise for internet minutes resulting in having only 250 minutes instead of 150 minutes per cruise which would have resulted in 300 minutes.

I had the same issue this week for our B2B on the Royal. I talked to the internet manager and he said he would add the additional 50 minutes back in after we began our second leg so we would get our 300 minutes.

• Thanks 1