One use internet? One day?

We've never needed to use internet when on a cruise, but this year, we'll be on the ocean when we will need to check-in to our airline and get our seat assignments***.  I seem to remember there was a one-day internet offer in the past.  Is that still true? 

***Just not willing to pay an extra $ 122.00 per person to choose seats ahead of time.  We are, at least, in premium economy....so willing to take a chance that we might not be sitting together at worst.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

When I recently sailed the intermediate package which is sufficient to check in was less than $15 a day 

Only if you purchase the internet package for the entire cruise. The $25 rate is to purchase one day only.

I don't think the free Internet is available now, but I'm only a three-star Mariner.

I can only tell you about one plan, Surf, which is 300MB/day. You can either pay about $10 per day if you buy for the whole trip, or $25 per day of you buy by the day. It's probably the best plan for general user.

There's also on strictly for social media, a little cheaper, and one that includes streaming video (although the daily cap is 500MB, not enough to stream very much), that's a little more than Surf.

You don't have to buy as soon as you get on board: the price will drop day-by-day as the voyage proceeds, but the price per day will remain the same (so a 20-day trip is $200 on day one, but drops to $190 day two, etc.).

You can have several devices, but only one can use the connection at a time. 

Edited by kwb101

We were on the Amsterdam 2 years ago and they offered internet services the day before disembarkation for airline check in, etc. It was something like $12 for 15 min and $20 for longer, don't remember specifics.  It was very affordable.

We have completed 43 cruises and have always used this service  on HAL, Princess, Celebrity, and RCCL, once ships had internet.

You could also send an email to the HAL website and ask your question.

Edited by JudithLynne

2 hours ago, CruiseMob said:

It was a couple of years ago, but we signed up on embarkation day for a small amount of free internet.

Back when internet access was sold in time blocks you were given some bonus minutes for a first-day sign-up. That's long gone.

This is the current pricing:

image.png.ac28652e16359b7c1fc5d0ff87361f

Edited by catl331
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

We were on the Amsterdam 2 years ago and they offered internet services the day before disembarkation for airline check in, etc. It was something like $12 for 15 min and $20 for longer, don't remember specifics.  It was very affordable.

We have completed 43 cruises and have always used this service  on HAL, Princess, Celebrity, and RCCL, once ships had internet.

You could also send an email to the HAL website and ask your question.

I remember that. It was a nice convenience for people who didn't need to be online during the cruise. Once HAL  went to the unlimited plans they have now, those short last-day  plans were gone.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

After paying many times - $24.99 - to check in for my flight home and to print a boarding pass, I lucked out and a rep of the ship was by the computer area.  I bitched to him about having to pay the high cost for a few minutes of time.  He advised that I could use the cheaper rate of $14.99 - when you get to the page - scroll down and all the airlines are listed - use your airline to check in.  Hope this helps.