American Express Platinum Question on OBC

taylortime05

I recently got an AMEX Platinum card and one of the perks is to get OBC for cruises.  For a balcony on Celebrity you can get 200 OBC.  I tried to apply this for a cruise and my TA and Celebrity said this OBC perk is not combinable when having OBC from booking the cruise onboard.  Can anyone confirm this is true?

I do not think you get both if you book on board according to the terms of the Amex offer

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/promos/amex/shopping/cruise_privileges_program.jsp?cobrand=15558&webpagerecno=2357

Valid for new bookings of voyages of at least five nights made with a participating supplier through Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, any American Express Travel office, eligible Travel Associate Platform agencies, or the Agency Services Desk. May not be combined with other offers unless indicated.

Edited by CHUCKIE50

Remember to check here on CC and on your Amex offers as there are sometimes cruise cash back offers to targeted cardholders for various cruise companies. Right now some people are reporting Amex offer 22,000 Amex 

points or $225 cash back on Princess (not Celebrity I know but I saved lots with these offers in the past)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-princess-cruises-spend-750-get-22500-points-or-225/

6 hours ago, CHUCKIE50 said:

Remember to check here on CC and on your Amex offers as there are sometimes cruise cash back offers to targeted cardholders for various cruise companies. Right now some people are reporting Amex offer 22,000 Amex 

points or $225 cash back on Princess (not Celebrity I know but I saved lots with these offers in the past)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-princess-cruises-spend-750-get-22500-points-or-225/

That is an incredible offer!  22,000 Amex Points is worth at least $330, on a $750 purchase?  If I had a Princess cruise, I would use this offer ASAP!  Twice I've purchased $500 OBC with HAL for 10,000 Amex Points.  Typically works with the Gold card as well.

I'm going on my cruise tomorrow!!!  

I booked through an Am Ex Platinum TA and I received a $200 OBC in addition to my other perks ($300 OBC, drinks package, wifi and gratuities). The add'l $200 OBC was added to my account last night.  I just got the email this morning.

The only thing I have yet to see is the additional MR point per $ spent, which I'm told will credit to my account 6-8 weeks post sailing.

5 hours ago, milokama said:

I'm going on my cruise tomorrow!!!  

I booked through an Am Ex Platinum TA and I received a $200 OBC in addition to my other perks ($300 OBC, drinks package, wifi and gratuities). The add'l $200 OBC was added to my account last night.  I just got the email this morning.

The only thing I have yet to see is the additional MR point per $ spent, which I'm told will credit to my account 6-8 weeks post sailing.

milokama:  You are 100% correct.  We have booked at least 6 Celebrity cruises within the last two years

using the Am Ex Platinum Card.  The day after final payment we have received additional OBC from

Am Ex added to our Celebrity Cruise Planner account.  This has been in addition to OBC for booking

onboard a cruise, and other standard perks.

Mike

Edited by MikeMary4449

27 minutes ago, lmklimmek said:

Does this work with any of the big online TA’s and the OBC you receive from them?

We booked with a TA who gave us an OBC as a gift.  WE received the booking OBC, her gifted OBC, and the Am Ex Platinum OBC.