Carnival Magic L shape cabin

9 hours ago, goofy gopher said:

Has anyone been in an L shape cabin on the magic before if so what is it like

we had an L shape cabin on the conquest and it left a little to be desired.  lacking moving about room.  when you opened the bathroom door it hit the bed.  the only good thing was the bed faced the window and the patio door so you can sit on the bed and watch the waves!!  hope that helps some.

We have had large rooms that wrap around crew stairwells.  The rooms are nice.  Never had any noise problems.  But the one we had was on the aft end and smelled like the east gate to hell...sewage.  We always carry a smellies  for the room so after a while it was tolerable.  We prefer the front of the ship for this reason.  Plus we like to feel the motion of the ship so forward fits us well.  Good luck with your choice.

I stayed in an L-shaped room on the Conquest and absolutely loved it. Loved the bigger balcony with a lounger and the extra window to let sunlight in. I don’t recall any problems at all with the room being small. Maybe you would if you have the beds set up as twins, but that wasn’t the case withy husband and I having just the one big bed. 

Stayed in one on Magic a few years ago. wasn't thrilled. The extra balcony space was nice but the layout of the room made it seem smaller. Glad I tried it but wouldn't do it again.  

We are looking at a L shaped cabin on the "new" Radiance.  I see on the deck plans that there are crew stairs in the "L". We are very light sleepers and makes us a little nervous to book.  Anyone able to hear crew running up and down them?

1 hour ago, Gettys84 said:

We are looking at a L shaped cabin on the "new" Radiance.  I see on the deck plans that there are crew stairs in the "L". We are very light sleepers and makes us a little nervous to book.  Anyone able to hear crew running up and down them?

we didn't hear anything!!!  i don't think it was used much on the Conquest.  

Our cabin on the Valor,  we have been in this type cabin 5 times ,different ships. and love it.  We love the layout and the extended balcony. We are booked in one again on our next cruise on the Magic in 2020.  They sell out quickly for a reason 😁

Edited by hockeyluver

Have to agree with above posts, we absolutely love these cabins and try to snag one whenever possible!  They do go quickly since they are the same price as a regular balcony.  Yes you do sacrifice a couch on a lot of the ships, however the Sunshine does have a smaller version or loveseat size couch in these rooms.  We have booked these on Conquest, Magic, Breeze & Sunshine, and never regretted any of the choices.  Also just a note, on deck 6 the rooms have 2 large windows to look out of, whereas on deck 7 there is only 1 large window.  So we try to get the deck 6 rooms (usually there are 4), when booking.  I say try it, and see if it suits your needs, everyone is different for a reason.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Have to agree with above posts, we absolutely love these cabins and try to snag one whenever possible!  They do go quickly since they are the same price as a regular balcony.  Yes you do sacrifice a couch on a lot of the ships, however the Sunshine does have a smaller version or loveseat size couch in these rooms.  We have booked these on Conquest, Magic, Breeze & Sunshine, and never regretted any of the choices.  Also just a note, on deck 6 the rooms have 2 large windows to look out of, whereas on deck 7 there is only 1 large window.  So we try to get the deck 6 rooms (usually there are 4), when booking.  I say try it, and see if it suits your needs, everyone is different for a reason.  

We are on deck 7 on the Magic,  so we will only have the one large window ?   Thanks,   We've only stayed in the one's on deck 6.