Golf club storage?

Karen Lynn

Spending a week in a villa  pre cruise next February before hopping on a 12 night Celebrity - Silhouette sailing.

Any ideas what to do with golf clubs whilst cruising? Assuming they won’t store on-board and no room in our stateroom.

Anywhere around the port in FLL or around MIA A/P ( flying out of MIA home)

Many thanks!

Why wouldn't they fit in your state room? Should be room under the bed.  You might even want to hold during a port stop.

There are options to store bags at both FLL & MIA for a fee. Not sure about golf clubs for that long. Maybe ask the pro wherever you are playing per cruise if they can store them?

If you are playing a certain course in Fl, why not try calling them up from your home and asking the pro if they have storage facilities at the pro-shop.  Or maybe they could provide a better solution. I believe luggage-forward offers a service that can help.  I don't know how expensive but nothing is free nowadays.  

I envy your problem!  Sounds like you will be having a fabulous trip. 

You can google 'sending golf clubs overseas' and there are other services that can do so.  The golf pro at any course you play should be able to help.   Also, I know this may not be ideal but you could simply leave the clubs at home and rent sets at the courses you play.  I know I'm partial to playing with my own set but I've done this before and simply enjoyed swinging what they gave me.  

Ahhhh. Marco Island in Feb.  Now you are rubbing it in! 

Lol sorry bout that...

It is lovely indeed.

My husband brings his clubs , ships them home to Canada before we cruise.

I am really asking for our UK friends and last time they did rent ... finding it pricey for the 2 of them needing clubs - but acceptable. They just left us here in Canada  after a visit  , we drove to South Carolina this time around  , they brought 2 sets of clubs in one bag and my husband loaned them a second bag once here.  Other than paying for the one bag coming and going back , it was easy and actually they were upgraded so didn't end up paying for the bag at all. We're just thinking of next years logistics. That said, the airline has 'misplaced' the golf clubs going home sooooo ...it might be a moot point! 😉

40 minutes ago, Karen Lynn said:

That said, the airline has 'misplaced' the golf clubs going home sooooo ...it might be a moot point! 

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy new clubs and a bag!