Cancelled cruise compensation

phoenix_dream

35 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, which is why I have major hesitation booking any Japan cruises with X.

When I researched Japan cruises only Princess had one focused on Japan and its cruises were in the dead of Summer.  Didn't want that, or first booking was in Spring and second on in September.  The China and Japan cruise was in October and the weather was great.

Well... we are about to be 'screwed' by the looks of this! Very disappointed.

We booked this cruise while on board another cruise. We had perks, and OBC. Then it was cancelled/changed by Celebrity when they ADDED 3 days onto it! That was a great change! (other than having to make changes in schedules etc). Celebrity upped the OBC as a thank you (which we greatly appreciated) and I was able to select a hump cabin (in Aqua). THEN, we received a call from the resolution department requesting we give up our hump cabin for another cruiser as they were doing back-to-back cruises and wanted that particular cabin. We agreed, and we received more OBC. We thought we had won the lottery! LOL!

So, we decided to travel 2 days early as that time of year can be difficult from our location due to weather. We booked our rooms (worried we might not find something during the Super Bowl in Miami), then we booked our flights. Now... the biggest problem... we secured a great price with a major airline but it was non-refundable and non-transferrable. 

Disappointed? YOU BET!!  We are going to lose $1200 on airfare (unless we can find another 2 week cruise leaving at the same time... ha ha... good luck with that), as well as $750 OBC and 2 perks. We can probably can get the room charges back... but now we will miss 2 glorious weeks on Silhouette. 

I suppose these are 1st world problems though. (I'm trying to be positive... hmmm.... not working so well. 🙂 ).

But I still have hope. We haven't been told by Celebrity yet that this cruise has been cancelled!

🙂