Concierge Lounge access on the Anthem

4 minutes ago, swooldri said:

Do Pinnacle Club members have access to the Concierge Lounge on the Anthem?  According to the RCI web site only Grand Suite and higher have access.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Pinnacle and Diamond Plus currently have access to the Concierge Lounge on the Anthem.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Pinnacle and Diamond Plus currently have access to the Concierge Lounge on the Anthem.

Thanks, I have never been on the Quantum Class ships, but will be this September.  The concierge lounge appears to be located on the aft of deck 12.  I see reference to a "Suite Lounge", but can not seem to locate this lounge.  Do you know the location of this "Suite Lounge"?

Thanks again, Steve

26 minutes ago, swooldri said:

Do Pinnacle Club members have access to the Concierge Lounge on the Anthem?  ...

As of today, Pinnacle Club members have access to every Diamond, Concierge, and Suite lounge in the fleet.

1 hour ago, swooldri said:

Thanks, I have never been on the Quantum Class ships, but will be this September.  The concierge lounge appears to be located on the aft of deck 12.  I see reference to a "Suite Lounge", but can not seem to locate this lounge.  Do you know the location of this "Suite Lounge"?

Thanks again, Steve

There is no suite lounge on Anthem. There is a concierge club and a diamond lounge. Diamond plus and pinnacle can utilize either lounge. 

• 1 month later...

We were on the anthem in June. Suite/concierge lounge is deck 12 aft. Diamond plus, pinnacle and suite guests are allowed. 

Not attached to CK like the Oasis class. Personally I didn’t care for it and we were in a GS on deck 12 so very convenient for us.   Ricardo the suite concierge was awesome, but the location and several other factors worked against him.   The appetizers at night were just ok. Even with the premium drink package you could only get drinks from the free diamond drink menu. And I think the location was just not very convenient for a lot of people. 

It it was never very crowded, so I don’t think I am the only one who thought this. 

We are D+ and love the CL on the Anthem, so much so dh tries to get a cabin next door, 12318, 12718, so he can run in for coffee in the morning!  I've enjoyed sitting in there by the windows reading on a late winter afternoon.  Yes a long walk but nice.

• Like 3

I guess I would probably have enjoyed it more if I weren’t paying for a grand suite and could still have access to a lounge. I just really like the suite lounge better on the Oasis class. I was so surprised to see how few people were in the Anthem lounge  even when d+ were allowed. 

Edited by cindivan

Just now, Biker19 said:

The location probably has a lot to do with it.

I agree. And at the risk of beating a dead horse, why can’t we get drinks on the premium drink package  there?  Pretty much any other bar I can think of onboard carries Kim Crawford sav blanc (not that fancy!) or decent vodka.   First world problems I know. But just different than other suite/concierge lounges we have experienced. 

• Like 1

Ricardo the suite concierge told me that if not for the diamond + passengers that large lounge would be empty.  I guess that is why on the newer builds of  this class of ship that area is now cabins.

3 minutes ago, seadays4me said:

Ricardo the suite concierge told me that if not for the diamond + passengers that large lounge would be empty.  I guess that is why on the newer builds of  this class of ship that area is now cabins.

Not surprising.

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Where did they move CL to?  Looked at Spectrum deck plans and see all they added aft cabins on decks 12 and 13, but couldn't find CL or Diamond lounge.

If Spectrum is dedicated to the China market, then she may not have the typical lounges.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, cindivan said:

We were on the anthem in June. Suite/concierge lounge is deck 12 aft. Diamond plus, pinnacle and suite guests are allowed. 

Not attached to CK like the Oasis class. Personally I didn’t care for it and we were in a GS on deck 12 so very convenient for us.   Ricardo the suite concierge was awesome, but the location and several other factors worked against him.   The appetizers at night were just ok. Even with the premium drink package you could only get drinks from the free diamond drink menu. And I think the location was just not very convenient for a lot of people. 

It it was never very crowded, so I don’t think I am the only one who thought this. 

I so agree with your statement that the location is inconvenient!  My husband walks with a cane and to walk through all of the carts and rooms through the long hallway to access the lounge was a trek for him.  The view is great - but too, too far removed from the elevators.  

10 hours ago, cindivan said:

I was so surprised to see how few people were in the Anthem lounge  even when d+ were allowed. 

Was it a 5 night cruise? The lounge seems to be less crowded on the shorter cruises. It was also not very crowded on our 5 night in May, but they told us that during the cruise before us it was crowded.

10 hours ago, cindivan said:

I agree. And at the risk of beating a dead horse, why can’t we get drinks on the premium drink package  there?  Pretty much any other bar I can think of onboard carries Kim Crawford sav blanc (not that fancy!) or decent vodka.   First world problems I know. But just different than other suite/concierge lounges we have experienced. 

It's basically a free drinks lounge and they don't want to change that. Might be confusing for all. Also they have limited bar space in a lot of those lounges.

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

Was it a 5 night cruise? The lounge seems to be less crowded on the shorter cruises. It was also not very crowded on our 5 night in May, but they told us that during the cruise before us it was crowded.

It was a 9 night cruise.  The only night it was somewhat crowded, but still several tables available, was the last night.

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

It's basically a free drinks lounge and they don't want to change that. Might be confusing for all. Also they have limited bar space in a lot of those lounges.

I get that for the diamond lounge, which they also had on this ship.  But for suite/concierge lounge I think they should also provide other options if someone has the drink package.  We have been in the suite lounge on the Harmony, Allure, Oasis and in every one of those we could get drinks from our drink package.  I know those are different since its named "suite lounge" and only pinnacles are also allowed, so that makes it a slightly different animal.  I just think suite guests should have a lounge in which they are treated like a suite guest, not a glorified diamond lounge.

The Oasis didn't have a CL, just a Diamond Lounge and Suites lounge.  Can't speak to the suite lounges but CL lounges always had a limited drink menu, though some concierge have gone a little further but don't expect it.

On longer cruises I've found the Anthem CL crowded early in the evening, finding a chair tough to find.   I do understand that the walk is long but there is a Diamond lounge that is more accessible. We like the CL.  It is beautiful. 

On 7/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, cindivan said:

On 7/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, cindivan said:

I guess I would probably have enjoyed it more if I weren’t paying for a grand suite and could still have access to a lounge. I just really like the suite lounge better on the Oasis class. I was so surprised to see how few people were in the Anthem lounge  even when d+ were allowed. 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:54 PM, cindivan said:

We noticed that it was not crowded, either.  But that was very nice.  You should  see that place when it gets slammed!  Oh boy!

There is no predicting how "popular" a lounge will be.    I don't think that it is necessarily quantifiable or explicable.  It just happens.

And the drinks issue is simple.  It's not a bar.  It's only the Concierge Lounge.  They provide the services of a Concierge Lounge, not of a full bar.