Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BuckeyeMark

LIVE NOW. Caribbean Princess!

Recommended Posts

Just boarded. Medallion boarding went so smoothly and easily. The boat seems to be in great shape and everyone seems very happy. Standard first day on the boat with lots going on in people milling around trying to find their way.

 

We have an after balcony and our room is quite cool.  

 

The medallion stuff is everywhere  -  all the crewmembers have them on and lots of people are available to coach you and how to use it. There are huge panels with Ocean Medallion stuff and of course the panel by your door. We might as well get used to it it is clear it is here to stay. 

 

We are headed to the buffet. I will try to answer any questions you might post but I did not buy an Internet package so when we sail I’m off for the week

 

Everything looks very promising and very nice. The TV in our state room is brand new and HD. Our balcony is huge. This is going to be a great trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking the time to post.  Enjoy your cruise and I will be looking forward to reading about here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a boat. A really large and nice boat!! 😂

 

we we got signed up for ships tour. That’s Friday and I’m pumped to ask questions about the engine “renovations”. 

 

No USB ports on nightstand.  

 

Horizon Court now World Market and it’s super nice.  A much needed update and freshening. Marvelous.  Really nice and food is great. 

 

We we are about to sail.  See y’all Saturday morning.  Post up questions and I’ll try to answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the AC is most definitely working. Froze at muster station. Pleasantly cool at World Market 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on board too!   The ship looks great and so does the Sanctuary. We had lunch in the dining room and it was delicious. We will try the World Market tomorrow for breakfast.  

There are only two electrical outlets side by side in our Mini Suite cabin  So if your charger is fat you can only use one of the outlets at a time. I did bring a vertical USB charging station which charges 4 things at once. So we’ll be fine until it’s time to plug in the hair dryer!  😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

We are on board too!   The ship looks great and so does the Sanctuary. We had lunch in the dining room and it was delicious. We will try the World Market tomorrow for breakfast.  

There are only two electrical outlets side by side in our Mini Suite cabin  So if your charger is fat you can only use one of the outlets at a time. I did bring a vertical USB charging station which charges 4 things at once. So we’ll be fine until it’s time to plug in the hair dryer!  😂😂

 

I don’t know where to plug my iron, travel steamer, coffee maker and tea kettle! 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Voyage!  Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following along & just watched you sail out of the port!  Have a great cruise & look forward to hearing more.  Will you be posting any pictures?  We sail on her in Nov. to the Panama Canal.  Can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

 

I don’t know where to plug my iron, travel steamer, coffee maker and tea kettle! 😅

Between the crock pot and the toaster oven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay!  Can’t wait to hear more!  Enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

 

I don’t know where to plug my iron, travel steamer, coffee maker and tea kettle! 😅

 

Use the shaver outlet in the bathroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone post some of the main dining room dinner  menus?  We'll be on the Caribbean Princess in August for the Canada/New England/Greenland cruise  and are interested in the menus.  It would be very helpful to me because of dietary issues.  Thanks

 

Happy cruising everyone!!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving Princess Cay. Rainy this morning but hot and sunny and steamy now.  Back to ship and offline.   But we’ll get menus and Patters. We’re having a blast and the ship is beautiful and very nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Private Island Day:

Once the sun came out on the island it was beautiful.   Water was warm and clear.  Who knew two months ago when we booked a clamshell it would keep

us dry!!!  We were on the first tender over and it poured!  But we were nice and dry.  No need to be protected from the sun this morning. 

We returned to the ship for lunch, choosing to skip the island lunch.  After lunch we settle in on our chairs in the Sanctuary. I have to disagree with a previous poster about the Sanctuary changes. The chairs are fine, even with the thinner pads.  I do miss not having a table though.   Staff is still wonderful!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

Private Island Day:

Once the sun came out on the island it was beautiful.   Water was warm and clear.  Who knew two months ago when we booked a clamshell it would keep

us dry!!!  We were on the first tender over and it poured!  But we were nice and dry.  No need to be protected from the sun this morning. 

We returned to the ship for lunch, choosing to skip the island lunch.  After lunch we settle in on our chairs in the Sanctuary. I have to disagree with a previous poster about the Sanctuary changes. The chairs are fine, even with the thinner pads.  I do miss not having a table though.   Staff is still wonderful!  

 

I am glad that you are enjoying the new Sanctuary chairs. Hopefully you had a nice sunny day this afternoon on there!

 

 I just found that the very large difference in the padding made the chairs not as comfortable for sitting in for a long day. They are now about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and very firm, the same size as the ones used for Mutts where they used to be about 10-12 inches thick and much softer and much more comfortable. 

They definitely have a more updated look! 

 

Hope you and the OP enjoy the rest of your cruise and have amazing weather the rest of the time. 

D28A736A-9CD9-4C75-B4C3-549404F118C0.jpeg

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on board now as well. Having a great time! OM is great, no issues. AC has been excellent, too cold in some areas (not an actual complaint). Heading for crown grill this evening. Ship is purring like a kitten! Not a single issue so far from our perspective other than the rain this

morning leading us to think we might not get any beach time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 4:01 PM, BuckeyeMark said:

And the AC is most definitely working. Froze at muster station. Pleasantly cool at World Market 

Glad to hear this.  The A/C concerns on CB are a huge issue for me, so glad they might be getting those issues fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, nukesubsailor said:

Between the crock pot and the toaster oven.

Nope!  That's where I plug in my waffle iron! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Use the shaver outlet in the bathroom.

I bring this along, I can plug my microwave, electric smoker, sous vide, coffee pot and toaster oven in using just one outlet. Oh, it has USB for my watch, phone, tablet & computer (not a laptop) 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Electric-Extension-Protector-Universal/dp/B01HPB7E9Q

Edited by CruiseVA
forgot link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I bring this along, I can plug my microwave, electric smoker, sous vide, coffee pot and toaster oven in using just one outlet. Oh, it has USB for my watch, phone, tablet & computer (not a laptop) 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Electric-Extension-Protector-Universal/dp/B01HPB7E9Q

 

 

We’ll skip room service and just come around to your cabin then 🤣.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

 

I am glad that you are enjoying the new Sanctuary chairs. Hopefully you had a nice sunny day this afternoon on there!

 

 I just found that the very large difference in the padding made the chairs not as comfortable for sitting in for a long day. They are now about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and very firm, the same size as the ones used for Mutts where they used to be about 10-12 inches thick and much softer and much more comfortable. 

They definitely have a more updated look! 

 

Hope you and the OP enjoy the rest of your cruise and have amazing weather the rest of the time. 

D28A736A-9CD9-4C75-B4C3-549404F118C0.jpeg

I don’t disagree with you. The old padding was much thicker.  But I am not uncomfortable on the new ones. It is definitely better than the regular pool chairs so I am happy!  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Glad to hear this.  The A/C concerns on CB are a huge issue for me, so glad they might be getting those issues fixed.

Hopefully the A/C will continue to work. Please keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...