LIVE NOW. Caribbean Princess!

BuckeyeMark

Today was a beautiful sea day.  Lots of sun.  I have to say the Market Place buffet for breakfast was very good. Lots of choices. We had delicious cheeseburgers at the Salty Dog for lunch, and the main dining room choices for dinner included a shrimp dish, Cornish hen, and beef tenderloins. Banana Foster for dessert. 

I have to say we are overall, very happy with the CB.  She looks great and the staff is wonderful.  We haven’t sailed on her since 2005 so, I was a little concerned she would be “old.”  But she is not!  And she is a perfect size. 

Thank you Buckeye Mark for lettting me add my two cents to your thread. 

• Like 1

Ditto to the above. Ship seems in tip top shape. I’m sure if I tried to drum up some complaints i could find some first-world-problem nitpicks but I’ve got nothing of any significance. Solid ship, having a blast. WiFi is particularly impressive. Works better than at home.

Good morning from Saint Thomas. Everything is running great on this boat. I have heard of no issues of any kind. Formal night was wonderful last night with a lot of the boat dressed up nicely.  The food and service is top shelf. We had a magician two nights ago who was simply incredible. It proves director seems fine and was great at the yes no game show last night. My wife and I are doing the high seas heist game and it is really fun.  There Are a ton of on-demand movies in your room so if there’s nothing else to do you can always have movie night. It’s just an amazing and wonderful cruise and we’re having a great time.  I did plug my mini arc reactor in once and it blinked the lights so I unplugged the full size fridge we brought and all seems well. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Bon Voyage!!  Thanks for checking in!!

It is not a boat........😎

A boat is small or a submarine. A yacht is much larger. A ship is what they are. Cruise Ship. However it is a nice big boat:)

15 hours ago, turquoisesea said:

Today was a beautiful sea day.  Lots of sun.  I have to say the Market Place buffet for breakfast was very good. Lots of choices. We had delicious cheeseburgers at the Salty Dog for lunch, and the main dining room choices for dinner included a shrimp dish, Cornish hen, and beef tenderloins. Banana Foster for dessert. 

I have to say we are overall, very happy with the CB.  She looks great and the staff is wonderful.  We haven’t sailed on her since 2005 so, I was a little concerned she would be “old.”  But she is not!  And she is a perfect size. 

Thank you Buckeye Mark for lettting me add my two cents to your thread. 

Go listen to the Static Band by the pool or at night in the piazza. They  are great. They were on a ship last year with me and very excited to have them again.

I was on the ship last week and it was wonderful.. I spoke to the band and happily found out they will be on the Sky Princess Inaugurals Dec. 4 and Dec 7th 2019 when I will be cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

Enjoy your cruise adventures. Don't forget that the International cafe on deck 5 is open 24/7 and FREE.

Sali

We did the two sight snorkel in St Thomas and saw sea turtles. Yay! 

High Seas Heist is like a sophisticated game of CLUE, with video to watch and clues to solve to get more clues.  There will be a big reveal and winners at the end!  It’s fun!  

More to come. St Maarten today 

23 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Good morning from Saint Thomas. Everything is running great on this boat. I have heard of no issues of any kind. Formal night was wonderful last night with a lot of the boat dressed up nicely.  The food and service is top shelf. We had a magician two nights ago who was simply incredible. It proves director seems fine and was great at the yes no game show last night. My wife and I are doing the high seas heist game and it is really fun.  There Are a ton of on-demand movies in your room so if there’s nothing else to do you can always have movie night. It’s just an amazing and wonderful cruise and we’re having a great time.  I did plug my mini arc reactor in once and it blinked the lights so I unplugged the full size fridge we brought and all seems well. 🤣

Formal night  info, good to hear..

So back on the boat after the day in Saint Martin. Marvelous excursion with the helmet diving people. That is not to be missed and is amazing. Then we headed over to Maho Beach and saw the airplanes land on our heads.  Pretty incredible.   Wanted to stay in Seymour but was worried about traffic getting back because the airport is a long way from the boat. We get Troy Threadgill as a comedian tonight.  I’ll be off the next two days (sea days) and then Miami on Saturday.   See you then. 

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

So back on the boat after the day in Saint Martin. Marvelous excursion with the helmet diving people. That is not to be missed and is amazing. Then we headed over to Maho Beach and saw the airplanes land on our heads.  Pretty incredible.   Wanted to stay in Seymour but was worried about traffic getting back because the airport is a long way from the boat. We get Troy Threadgill as a comedian tonight.  I’ll be off the next two days (sea days) and then Miami on Saturday.   See you then. 

Troy is good - if it's in Club Fusion - take your sweater ...we saw him last week and enjoyed it

Thanks for the info on AC on the Caribbean Princess.  We will be on her for two weeks this November.  AC is a real concern for us.  We were on the Crown Princess this Feb. and our cabin was stuffy and warm for the whole 10 days.  We did complain at least 5 times about it, but they said the temperature in the cabin was normal (73 degrees for a cabin in the Caribbean). I don't think so.  We have been on the Caribbean Princess and look forward to sailing her again.

Thanks for all the updates.

Are there any shuttles  immediately outside cruise  port area to take you to

1. Grand Cayman ,West End Beach

2. Roatan..West End Beach

or ....to any of the other ports beaches? 

We are back on land.  Great cruise. We won the High Seas Heist.  We ate too much.  Did the ship tour deal (stood on the bridge!).  We had so much fun.  Full report to come. If you’re getting on the CB we envy you a lot. 

Edited by BuckeyeMark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMark said:

We are back on land.  Great cruise. We won the High Seas Heist.  We ate too much.  Did the ship tour deal (stood on the bridge!).  We had so much fun.  Full report to come. If you’re getting on the CB we envy you a lot. 

If you don’t mind me asking, how much was the ship tour? I’ve seen lots of different prices thrown around and I like to plan ahead. What swag did they give you with the tour? Was it hard to book? We will be getting on the CB one week from today, sorry for all the questions.

Not sure when I'll get a full report so here's some answers to some questions and more:

* The medallions are cool.  They do open your door for you, and sometimes from way up the hall.  We played with that a good bit.  Yes, names appear on the doorway "screen" as you go down the hall.  We never did get the apps to work and the tech guy couldn't make them work either.  And when I was trying to get the apps to work last night I somehow knocked my phone out of airplane mode and ran up a huge cell phone bill unintentionally.  Ugh.

* The Ultimate Ship's Tour cost $150 and is worth every penny of it.  We got chef's jackets, two photo albums, a notepad and assorted other minor items,  and a bunch of pics the ship's photographer took on the tour.  You get to go to the bridge, the print shop, the front moor station, the engine room, the infirmary and more.  It's amazing.

* The High Seas Heist is a very well done game kind of like Clue where you get another piece of the mystery every day in exchange for doing a task (like a crossword puzzle or watching the wake show).  Bonus: my wife and I won it, along with one other lady.  We were the only ones to solve it.  Yay!

* The food was marvelous.  The Horizon Court swap to World Market works and was needed.

* There is now a coffee bar on Deck 15 which is great.  The quality of the coffee made there by "baristas" is ... well ... marginal.  Sometimes it was good. Sometimes ... not.

* The second formal night wasn't quite as dressy as the first, which is the usual.

* There was a a violin duet on board that was a delight.

* The magician was great.  Really great.

* Heard good things about the production number "Fantastic Journey" but didn't see it.

* They are playing the marriage game.

* St Maarten and St Thomas are not my favorite ports by any means.  Pretty much not great.

* A balcony on the back of the boat is a win!

• Like 1

Forgot to add the bad news: there were some air conditioning problems....

On Thursday the buffet area was warm.  Definitely warm.  

Our room (four decks below the buffet) was warm too that night.  And Friday night it was flat out.  No air.  

We called the steward and vacated for cooler climes for a while, came back and it was working.

So .. don't want to alarm anyone but don't think the AC issues are all worked out yet.  Certainly didn't hear anything about massive deck wide outages but we did experience a little trouble.