LIVE NOW. Caribbean Princess!

BuckeyeMark

Thanks meatloafsan, we are looking at a cruise next year on the Caribbean and was wondering on this. Not a deal breaker, but certainly a benefit. Once we got the on demand on the Royal it makes it hard to back track to the fixed stations. Actually, since you are from Canada, we are looking at the Quebec to Ft Lauderdale cruise. We did it before but got weathered out of several ports (but still had a great cruise) and want to do it again.

4 hours ago, mdamron said:

Thanks meatloafsan, we are looking at a cruise next year on the Caribbean and was wondering on this. Not a deal breaker, but certainly a benefit. Once we got the on demand on the Royal it makes it hard to back track to the fixed stations. Actually, since you are from Canada, we are looking at the Quebec to Ft Lauderdale cruise. We did it before but got weathered out of several ports (but still had a great cruise) and want to do it again.

We are completing that itinerary in reverse next month. I’m sure a few of us will be posting our comments/review after the sailing. If you want to know anything in particular, ask now and I will try my best to answer on our return.

9 hours ago, meatloafsfan said:

It has on demand tv - it was installed last fall. We loved the movies and all of the shows related to cruising.

Ane even a few episodes of Love Boat!! 🛳

On 5/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, skynight said:

Where?

In the DR's it depends on the menu, but there is normally a fish and chicken selection. I think burgers are also available every day.

At the buffet selections of beef, chicken and fish are mostly available. Not the same every day.

For the Salty Dog Grill here is the menu

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Salty-Dog-Grill-Menu.pdf 

Thanks for the menu.  I wonder if open for Day 1 lunch ??

13 minutes ago, Jut254 said:

Great thread. Drink question, does the CB serve hard seltzers? (White claw, Truly, etc)

Hmmm ... I wonder what would happen if you tried to pass those off as sodas/tonics and bring a case onboard ???

On 6/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, wumav said:

We are onboard the CP right now. So far I’ve been underwhelmed by the air conditioning, especially in the stateroom. The AC is definitely “working” and probably within the company’s desired range, but if you prefer to sleep at any temperature that resembles cool, you will likely be disappointed.

they seem to keep the temperature at just *barely* below a sweat (if you don’t use a sheet or blanket) - and call it a success. 

Let me know now if anyone has any other questions from onboard. 

What kind of room are you in?

This is disappointing.  I like our room chilly. I hope this isn't the case when we're on there in a few months. We're in the suite, usually comes with 2 thermostats. Helps a bit with the temp control...if they're operating properly. 

4 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

The AC is definitely “working” and probably within the company’s desired range, but if you prefer to sleep at any temperature that resembles cool, you will likely be disappointed.

I do believe that they have a floor for how cool the A/C will get, and it's usually warmer than we like it, but I can find it tolerable most of the time.  I'm hoping having an inside room, we can keep it a bit cooler with no windows.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Anyone aboard that is into wine??? Some times Princess offers a box of 3 wines for a special price and I am wondering if they are doing that on the Caribbean Princess.

Also, has anyone attended the Maitre d'/Sommelier's Wine Club wine tasting (the one that costs $25/person)? I would be interested in what wines they are offering. The Grapevine Wine Tasting is of interest, too.

Last night they had slight propulsion issues but it was fixed right away.  Our room felt warmer than usual so we reported it to the Steward who has been great. What dummies we are.  Room was nice and cool since last night.  The Cruise dIrector and his assistant are two of the best we have seen.  The Marriage match game was hysterical.  The cruise truly has been an awesome one.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, Pink flamingo52 said:

Last night they had slight propulsion issues but it was fixed right away.  Our room felt warmer than usual so we reported it to the Steward who has been great. What dummies we are.  Room was nice and cool since last night.  The Cruise dIrector and his assistant are two of the best we have seen.  The Marriage match game was hysterical.  The cruise truly has been an awesome one.

Please give name of CD and assistant.

4 minutes ago, Pink flamingo52 said:

Matt and Kelly.  I will try to get last names tonight.  Great cruise

Any further word on the reason for the propulsion issues and what the fix was?Any further word on the reason for the propulsion issues and what the fix was?

On 6/23/2019 at 2:36 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I need it below 72 to be comfortable.

OMG... We would freeze. It's been wonderfully spring-like weather the last week - mid to high 80 range (Fahrenheit) outside so we've had the windows open all day. I have used the ceiling fans though. It will go back to being over 100 degrees every day soon - likely max around 110 - 114. We will be running the AC then of course but will never turn it below 81 degrees.

Edited by Thrak