Ordering liquor bottles for your room.

MPSCru

Is it possible to order a bottle of booze for your room through HAL?  On a previous Carnival cruise I was able to pre-order a couple of bottles and they were in my cabin when I arrived.  Thanks.  

You certainly can. Just go into your booking and find the beverage indulgences. You can pre-order a bottle of liquor (1 litre size) and request "Delivery at Sea". That way you avoid any local taxes and it will be in your room when you board.

• Thanks 1

Yes it is possible; we've done it for three different HAL cruises, and the price is about half of what Celebrity charges. If you like a mixed drink you can also order a soda card valued at $50 for only $25. It used to apply only to fountain drinks, but on our recent Zuiderdam cruise we were given cans of pop instead.

• Thanks 1

The website is totally wonky today; I logged in, thinking I'd pre-order a bottle for our room (as I've done previously) and beverages aren't even listed.  Then when I went to check my Mariner status, it said it was unavailable - tried to return to our booking and it said we had no bookings on file.  I give up for today.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

The website is totally wonky today; I logged in, thinking I'd pre-order a bottle for our room (as I've done previously) and beverages aren't even listed.  Then when I went to check my Mariner status, it said it was unavailable - tried to return to our booking and it said we had no bookings on file.  I give up for today.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I was going to log in as well and just saw this message pop up.

Due to scheduled maintenance Saturday, May 18th from 10:30pm to 11:30pm PDT, the website will at times be unavailable, including My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Maybe they started early on the maintenance.

Just now, shrimpboat123 said:

I was going to log in as well and just saw this message pop up.

Due to scheduled maintenance Saturday, May 18th from 10:30pm to 11:30pm PDT, the website will at times be unavailable, including My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Maybe they started early on the maintenance.

Thanks, I didn't see a message, but you may be correct - the maintenance might have started early.  Thanks for the info.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

10 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Thanks, I didn't see a message, but you may be correct - the maintenance might have started early.  Thanks for the info.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I was curious and so I did go back and log in to see what would happen. I had no problem getting in and seeing all the beverage options. Go figure! 😁

Just now, shrimpboat123 said:

I was curious and so I did go back and log in to see what would happen. I had no problem getting in and seeing all the beverage options. Go figure! 😁

I wonder if our sailing isn't too far out - not till January 2020.  I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

You certainly can pre-order bottles of liquor online, or buy it onboard for delivery to your room.   However, the liquor is supposed to be consumed in your cabin.   You can order mixers, or use what is available in your mini-bar.   And you can mix a drink and carry it around the ship to bars or dining rooms.  But it sure is a pain when you decide to have another round.   Somebody has to high-tail it back to the cabin, while your spouse holds your table, and then you have to balance 2 drinks through the passageways and elevators, without spilling any on yourself or other passengers.   For that kind of hassle, I'll use the Happy Hour plan in the bars.   Of course, if you have a suite, that's a different story.  Enjoying a few drinks on a huge balcony is great.

I tried logging in again and voila!  Now I can see the beverages!   I guess patience pays off - thanks.   We like to purchase a bottle for our cabin so we can have a drink before dinner, or for later to sit out on the balcony after dinner and relax in the warmth during our escape from the "frozen tundra".

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

My hubby likes a specific Scotch and the website doesn't have it listed. So anytime we cruise, the first day we either ask the concierge (if we are in a NS) or go to guest services and ask if they have that brand of Scotch on board. They always have and they charge our room for the bottle and we get it delivered about 30 min later. Very easy. 

You can order specific brands pre-cruise via ship services.  If it is sold on the ship It will be in your room when you board. This is what we used to do before Grey Goose was added to the indulgences catalogue.  Upon boarding, we usually have a good luck shot,  then explore the ship.  CHEERS 🎉 

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a request to ships services about ordering a bottle of Aberfeldy Scotch for the cabin . Its priced the same price as Chivas Regal  by the glass.  I got this reply...

I have received a request that you would like to request a bottle of Aberfeldy Single Malt Highland 12 year Scotch in your stateroom.  The scotch is priced at $99.00 plus a 15% beverage service charge for a total of $113.85 and can only be consumed in your stateroom.  Please confirm if you would like to have this delivered to your stateroom.

Chivas Regal is $73.75 by the bottle. 

I guess we will have to drink Aberfeldy at Happy Hour.
  • Like 1