Cancelling 3rd person question

Hi All,

I have a cabin for 3 booked on Independence of the Seas for  a 4 night crossing in a couple of weeks.  The 3rd person now cannot come (not a reason covered by insurance).  I know we can get back the taxes and that I can just tell them at the port that she is a no show but is there any benefit in ringing and cancelling in advance? 

I already called to see if we could change cabins if we did cancel her and I was told the whole cruise is sold out.  The reason I wouldn't mind changing cabins is because we have a guaranteee balcony that is forward and I find there is less motion mid or aft.  Would you cancel the 3rd person in advance and hope that we might get moved to a balcony that is further back or just wait and cancel at the port?  

Your insurance company is going to require documentation from Royal to the cancellation.  Most insurance companies also have a clause in their policy that you must notify them immediately of any changes.  Waiting until you get to the port and having them be a no show could jeopardize your insurance claim. 

34 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Wait until boarding - you risk lots of problems otherwise!🙄

Please could you elaborate on what these might be. 

Thanks for both replies btw 

If you're a couple weeks out, you're out of the "refund" time limit.  Just have them be a no-show.  They don't really care if any of you show up...they've got your money....not a big deal to them!

You will get taxes and port fees back from the no-show.

It's not a big deal, and you will be fine.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you book under North American terms and conditions?

Ken, her posting history shows that she is in the UK.  I understand that you framed your question that way since some UK cruisers book with a US travel agency.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ken, her posting history shows that she is in the UK.  I understand that you framed your question that way since some UK cruisers book with a US travel agency.

Yeah, after I posted that I looked at their history and saw that they were from the UK.  Had they booked under the US terms and a refundable rate they would have been able to get a full refund for the third guest if they cancelled her 15 days or more prior to sailing.  

Just now, Nixieh said:

Sorry all forgot to say am in the UK. It seems as if everyone says to  be a no show but still not sure what issues might be with cancelling 3rd person prior to the sailing.

You might be re-priced. 

• Like 1