Changing reservation wee

IDKaren

I know I have seen the answer here. If you have to change your cruise  to a different week do they charge you another deposit? Are you penalized?I will be calling Carnival when I find out the week change but want to be mentally prepared! Has anyone had to do this..how cooperative are they?? Thanks!

Basically, it is a cancel and rebook.  As long as you are before final payment, you get everything back, or maybe  you can persuade them to just transfer it over.  However as noted above, there is a $50pp fee.  EM

Well dang..I was hoping for no cancellation rebook fee but I guess I could handle $50pp.  It is not till next March but they changed my gdaughter spring break week. NEVER have they done this before! Ah well...

if you didn't book early saver than you wold be eligible for all your monies back.

I'd rather pay the extra $20 and have the flexibility to change things if life happens which it often does.

Of course I waive the ability for price drops after final payment date. I can live with that.🙂

20 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

if you didn't book early saver than you wold be eligible for all your monies back.

I'd rather pay the extra $20 and have the flexibility to change things if life happens which it often does.

Of course I waive the ability for price drops after final payment date. I can live with that.🙂

But remember you can change from a non-Early Saver rate code to an Early save rate code when you know everything is set in stone. So, in the end, you get the best price possible!

26 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

But remember you can change from a non-Early Saver rate code to an Early save rate code when you know everything is set in stone. So, in the end, you get the best price possible!

very true.

does early saver still disappear at the 5 month mark for 7 day cruises?

maybe you don't but I'd be willing to bet you are probably booked under that rate. Most people are.

Do you know exactly what rate you do have? past guest rate maybe?

When you book the cheapest rate available per cabin it's usually early saver which gives you the ability to get rate adjustments up until 2 days before your ship sails. The downside to that is that if you need to cancel or change ships or pick a different week they charge $50pp for that and hold the rest of your deposit for up to 2 years to use on another cruise.

3 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

maybe you don't but I'd be willing to bet you are probably booked under that rate. Most people are.

Do you know exactly what rate you do have? past guest rate maybe?

When you book the cheapest rate available per cabin it's usually early saver which gives you the ability to get rate adjustments up until 2 days before your ship sails. The downside to that is that if you need to cancel or change ships or pick a different week they charge $50pp for that and hold the rest of your deposit for up to 2 years to use on another cruise.

You can get lower rates up until 2 days before but Carnival gets around this most of the time by doing guarantee rooms that can't be matched to unless you are willing to give up your chosen room.

9 hours ago, IDKaren said:

Well dang..I was hoping for no cancellation rebook fee but I guess I could handle $50pp.  It is not till next March but they changed my gdaughter spring break week. NEVER have they done this before! Ah well...

I recently had to change a cruise, and my PVP was able to get the fee waived.  I was expecting to pay the $50pp, and was pleasantly surprised when he was able to get it waived.  It's good to have a PVP who can go to bat on your behalf in cases like this.

• Like 1