Aruba Pasport Stamp

phoneman69

Sailing the Carnival Magic in Sept. One of the stops is Aruba. Looking to see if someone can tell me were i can get my passport stamped. I have dragged my DW around enough asking at different ports. Anyone know were i can get stamped ?

Thank you

3 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Sailing the Carnival Magic in Sept. One of the stops is Aruba. Looking to see if someone can tell me were i can get my passport stamped. I have dragged my DW around enough asking at different ports. Anyone know were i can get stamped ?

Thank you

Hi Phoneman69 ☺️

When you get off the ship in Aruba go to the cruise terminal main building & ask to be directed to the (immigration office, customs house or customs office). The office is in a corner with a sign that says (immigration).

Have a terrific sailing!

84ee649d-fd52-47c4-af50-984eeac6223c-ori

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Phoneman69 ☺️

When you get off the ship in Aruba go to the cruise terminal main building & ask to be directed to the (immigration office, customs house or customs office). The office is in a corner with a sign that says (immigration).

Have a terrific sailing!

🌴

Thank You Very much. Printing this page and info right now to be store with cruise paper work. Some may not get them but i like the reminders.

Learn something every day! 

If you are an adventurous thrill seeker I highly recommend AGW Tours in Aruba. Their ATV tour is amazing. But be warned - the driving is too fast & furious for some, and the natural rockpool swim was kinda dangerous when we were there with ocean swells crashing over the rocks into the pool!

as long as you realize the stamps are mostly ceremonial and not official country stamps. I just don't understand why. I have never brought my passport out and showed it to anyone, "see where I've been?" 

49 minutes ago, johno1234 said:

If you are an adventurous thrill seeker I highly recommend AGW Tours in Aruba. Their ATV tour is amazing. But be warned - the driving is too fast & furious for some, and the natural rockpool swim was kinda dangerous when we were there with ocean swells crashing over the rocks into the pool!

I REALLY WANT to do this. Unfortunately my wife is not adventurous at all. She won't even get on my 4 wheeler around the neighborhood. So I don't know what to do. It'll just be the two of us, so I don't really want to split up for that.

7 minutes ago, five. said:

I REALLY WANT to do this. Unfortunately my wife is not adventurous at all. She won't even get on my 4 wheeler around the neighborhood. So I don't know what to do. It'll just be the two of us, so I don't really want to split up for that.

When we did this tour my wife was happy enough in the passenger seat even when I was drifting some corners, and she is a bit of a nervous passenger when we are driving on roads in our car! She also had a couple of drives when we were stopped at the various locations so didn't totally miss out.

You just gotta do this tour. I think your wife will be OK if she doesn't have to drive. Hopefully you get Leroy as your guide  - he was great fun. 

22 minutes ago, coevan said:

as long as you realize the stamps are mostly ceremonial and not official country stamps. I just don't understand why. I have never brought my passport out and showed it to anyone, "see where I've been?" 

Figure it'll be nice when I'm to old and senile to remember where I've traveled to 😉😂. Who knows maybe my daughter will be interested later.

Honestly though I think I care because I remember seeing my 4th grade teachers passport when we were studying countries around the world, she had really traveled a lot, including Japan. We all got fake paper passport books and we all went to each groups area to visit and learn about said country and then get our stamp, at the end all our books were laminated. Needless to say it really made an impression on me.

Edited by Tracey.kinney425
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

Figure it'll be nice when I'm to old and senile to remember where I've traveled to 😉😂. Who knows maybe my daughter will be interested later.

Honestly though I think I care because I remember seeing my 4th grade teachers passport when we were study countries around the world, she had really traveled a lot, including Japan. We all got fake paper passports and went we all went to each groups area to visit and learn about said country and then get our stamp, at the end all our books were laminated. Needless to say it really made an impression on me.

When your passport expires you send the old one in to receive the new one, I suppose you could say it was destroyed or lost but imagine that will add to the timeline. Perhaps taking pictures of each stamp and photo merging into a collage would have the desired result as well and look neat hanging on your wall, a local photographer could do for you if beyond your abilities. 

14 minutes ago, DiverJohn said:

When your passport expires you send the old one in to receive the new one, I suppose you could say it was destroyed or lost but imagine that will add to the timeline. Perhaps taking pictures of each stamp and photo merging into a collage would have the desired result as well and look neat hanging on your wall, a local photographer could do for you if beyond your abilities. 

They do send your old passport back, with the corner cut off when you renew

44 minutes ago, uksimonusa said:

Lol girlfriend received new one when it arrived and didn’t mention old one returned my bad lol

1 hour ago, uksimonusa said:

I guess we are not that sentimental. We threw away our last 2, still have pictures of our adventures. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Phoneman69 ☺️

Have a terrific sailing!

🌴

Thank You PortSideCruzan for posting this. Just got off the Magic this week. Did get Passport stamped in Aruba but ONLY because of this post. Got off the ship and in the terminal building was behind 2 ladies that stopped at the information desk to ask about getting their Passports Stamped. They were told they Don't do that anymore in that building. I pulled out the print out i had of your post and found the immigration office tucked away in the corner and went in. The woman at the desk pulled out the stamp and stamped both our passports. She asked if there was anybody else and i told her i was not telling a sole where she was.

SO Again thank you.

Matt 

• Like 1

If you stop at Grand Cayman, try to go to Hell. I'm not being rude----it's a town on the island, named because of the lava rock areas. An enterprising souvenir store sells tee shirts and hats (I've been to hell and back, etc.), postcards with pictures of the town sign (Hell) marked HAVING A GREAT TIME, WISH YOU WERE HERE. The reason I mention it in this thread is they will stamp your passport. Ours proudly shows we have been to Hell!

IMG0162.jpg