World Cruise in 2022

mom2elliot

Hello,

I am considering a World Cruise in 2022.  So far I can only see Crystal Cruises has released their 2022 World Cruise itinerary.  Is there a particular time that I should expect other cruise lines to release their 2022 itineraries - particularly Oceania?  I will be traveling with a teenager (we homeschool).  I want to be prepared to book as soon as they release.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:28 AM, mom2elliot said:

Hello,

I am considering a World Cruise in 2022.  So far I can only see Crystal Cruises has released their 2022 World Cruise itinerary.  Is there a particular time that I should expect other cruise lines to release their 2022 itineraries - particularly Oceania?  I will be traveling with a teenager (we homeschool).  I want to be prepared to book as soon as they release.

I'm currently on Oceania's 2019 world cruise and ours opened up on March 1, 2017. Of course, it was published before that date but not too much before. Each world cruise opens for booking on different days each year, but generally around the same time. 

I would suggest you get a travel agent who is a high volume Oceania agent and let them know that you want to be contacted as soon as the 2022 world cruise is announced so you can have them book you on opening day and hopefully get some nice perks thrown in too! 😉  

BTW, it's an awesome cruise (6 months long) and going way too quickly!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

5 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm currently on Oceania's 2019 world cruise and ours opened up on March 1, 2017. Of course, it was published before that date but not too much before. Each world cruise opens for booking on different days each year, but generally around the same time. 

I would suggest you get a travel agent who is a high volume Oceania agent and let them know that you want to be contacted as soon as the 2022 world cruise is announced so you can have them book you on opening day and hopefully get some nice perks thrown in too! 😉  

BTW, it's an awesome cruise (6 months long) and going way too quickly!

Thank you!  That is extremely helpful.  I have been following along on the Oceania Live thread and it looks fabulous. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

On 5/19/2019 at 8:42 PM, Aquadesiac said:

Wow! Lucky teenager! What a priceless gift!

Indeed a lucky teenager!!  My husband and I thought there really could be no better education that him seeing the world. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mom2elliot said:

Thank you!  That is extremely helpful.  I have been following along on the Oceania Live thread and it looks fabulous. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks...today in Petra was amazing but this slow internet won't let me download pictures tonight...I'll try tomorrow on our long drive to Luxor. 

Many of our passengers have already booked the 2020 and 2021 Oceania world cruises!  Unfortunately, it's quite addicting but another one is only in my future if I win the lottery!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

10 hours ago, mom2elliot said:

Indeed a lucky teenager!!  My husband and I thought there really could be no better education that him seeing the world. 

There are 3 children (all in one family) on the whole world cruise and a few others have done segments. They participate in many of the activities and fit in quite well. 

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

There are 3 children (all in one family) on the whole world cruise and a few others have done segments. They participate in many of the activities and fit in quite well. 

Great to hear, thank you!    

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Thanks...today in Petra was amazing but this slow internet won't let me download pictures tonight...I'll try tomorrow on our long drive to Luxor. 

Many of our passengers have already booked the 2020 and 2021 Oceania world cruises!  Unfortunately, it's quite addicting but another one is only in my future if I win the lottery!

It will definitely be once in a lifetime for us as well.  I feel like I will appreciate the experience that much more.  I will be looking for your pictures and following along!  Thank you again for the information.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Our 2021 wc on Regent came out with a brochure in late August or early Sept 2018. So I can imagine that you pay attention in early fall. Regent trips are generally shorter than O. Ours is about 4 months.

Great, thank you!  We are definitely considering Regent too.

Just catching up with this.  Have you rules out Crystal?

We are good friends with two different couples.

One couple had both teenagers on (one per world cruise) on Crystal and another had their teenager on board.  Crystal is well known for their enrichment programs so there is lots for both adults and teenagers to do.  Two of the three even took the college course that is offered on computers (Apple).  There is one segment that includes what is known as World Games with many activities to sign up for and one to two former Olympians on board for the games.

Keith

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Just catching up with this.  Have you rules out Crystal?

We are good friends with two different couples.

One couple had both teenagers on (one per world cruise) on Crystal and another had their teenager on board.  Crystal is well known for their enrichment programs so there is lots for both adults and teenagers to do.  Two of the three even took the college course that is offered on computers (Apple).  There is one segment that includes what is known as World Games with many activities to sign up for and one to two former Olympians on board for the games.

Keith

Thank you, Keith!  I read through your "Live" thread and most of your blog and actually was going to shoot you a message asking about teens on board! Crystal looks wonderful and I have not ruled it out.  The 2022 itinerary isn't my favorite, however, as I was hoping for more stops in East Asia.  I prefer the 2021 but just don't think we can go then, unfortunately!  Excellent to know teens have enjoyed the experience on Crystal.  The enrichment classes and college class are definitely appealing. 

13 hours ago, mom2elliot said:

Thank you, Keith!  I read through your "Live" thread and most of your blog and actually was going to shoot you a message asking about teens on board! Crystal looks wonderful and I have not ruled it out.  The 2022 itinerary isn't my favorite, however, as I was hoping for more stops in East Asia.  I prefer the 2021 but just don't think we can go then, unfortunately!  Excellent to know teens have enjoyed the experience on Crystal.  The enrichment classes and college class are definitely appealing. 

You are very welcome.

If I can assist with any questions just let me know.  Always happy to help out.

Keith