Fine Line diving show on Harmony

I know this thread is about the length of the diving show but I would like to discuss the content of the show......

A few years ago, the first aqua show I saw on Oasis was loaded with Olympic divers and the show heavily featured diving. Toward the end of the show, they featured the divers diving one right after another from the very high platforms. I loved every single minute of this exciting show. I felt like I was watching the Olympics with talented men and women divers wearing colorful costumes. I saw a second aqua show another time on another Oasis class ship and I went away with the same feeling of loving a wonderful show which featured many great talented male and female divers. Swimming and diving was the main feature of both of those shows.

The current show on Harmony is nothing like that first or second aqua show i saw. This current show features dancers who splash around in 12" of water. The diving talent is minimal and there are very few dives made in the show. I did not see any women divers. This show heavily features an aerialist who flies above the crowd. That to me, has nothing to do with an aqua show. Not to say this was not entertaining but after so long, it gets boring. There is a segment with two men bouncing on tight ropes which was fun but again.....not really anything to do with an aqua show. Royal has gone way off base with this latest aqua show creation and I was so disappointed. Bring back the divers!

Needles to say, this aqua show did nothing to interest me the way the first two shows held my interest for every minute. I would not call this a diving show.

One more thing.....the costuming for this Fine Line show is very droll. The colors are all browns and blacks. Not colorful at all.

Edited by coffeebean

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I know this thread is about the length of the diving show but I would like to discuss the content of the show......

A few years ago, the first aqua show I saw on Oasis was loaded with Olympic divers and the show heavily featured diving. Toward the end of the show, they featured the divers diving one right after another from the very high platforms. I loved every single minute of this exciting show. I felt like I was watching the Olympics with talented men and women divers wearing colorful costumes. I saw a second aqua show another time on another Oasis class ship and I went away with the same feeling of loving a wonderful show which featured many great talented male and female divers. Swimming and diving was the main feature of both of those shows.

The current show on Harmony is nothing like that first or second aqua show i saw. This current show features dancers who splash around in 12" of water. The diving talent is minimal and there are very few dives made in the show. I did not see any women divers. This show heavily features an aerialist who flies above the crowd. That to me, has nothing to do with an aqua show. Not to say this was not entertaining but after so long, it gets boring. There is a segment with two men bouncing on tight ropes which was fun but again.....not really anything to do with an aqua show. Royal has gone way off base with this latest aqua show creation and I was so disappointed. Bring back the divers!

Needles to say, this aqua show did nothing to interest me the way the first two shows held my interest for every minute. I would not call this a diving show.

One more thing.....the costuming for this Fine Line show is very droll. The colors are all browns and blacks. Not colorful at all.

Don’t go to the one on Symphony if you didn’t like the one in Harmony. 

• Haha 1

I thought I read there were 2 shows on Harmony.  Saw aqua show on Allure in 2011 and loved it.  Forgot to go when on Oasis.  Was told not to  miss Fine Line on Harmony in November.  Sorry to hear it is not great.  Is there another aqua show on Harmony?

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Although Symphony aqua show was good we all also much preferred the Harmony aqua show.

I like them all.  I was just informing coffeebean that the Symphony show was the same style as Harmony’s.

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Don’t go to the one on Symphony if you didn’t like the one in Harmony. 

I love the shows and couldn’t wait for my SO to see the one on the Symphony (his first).  He hated it and considered leaving early.  He thought it was way too loud, repetitive, and the aerial performers made him nervous (apparently his fear of heights extends to empathy for others).  I was disappointed that he didn’t enjoy it, but believe that he would have enjoyed the original show on the Oasis.  I agree that the shows are evolving into something different.

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I was disappointed that he didn’t enjoy it, but believe that he would have enjoyed the original show on the Oasis.  I agree that the shows are evolving into something different.

I think the AT Shows have morphed on the newer ships to have less diving and more dance and aerialists.  The reason being, they are not as effected as much by rough seas. I have not seen the shows on Harmony and Symphony cancelled like I have on Oasis and Allure. Even on the newer ships they can cut out one portion like the high divers if the seas are rough but more of the show can go on.  Just my thoughts, and no confirmation of this theory. 

It is too bad your SO didn’t like the show. 

On 5/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Although Symphony aqua show was good we all also much preferred the Harmony aqua show.

We were lucky, and on Symphony in Feb they did the normal show, and an extra one (can’t remember the name of it).  The extra one was WAY better!

Edited by vacationlover_mn

23 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I thought I read there were 2 shows on Harmony.  Saw aqua show on Allure in 2011 and loved it.  Forgot to go when on Oasis.  Was told not to  miss Fine Line on Harmony in November.  Sorry to hear it is not great.  Is there another aqua show on Harmony?

Yes, there is a second show called Hideaway heist that does not require reservations.  It was performed twice on our last sea on our recent Harmony sailing.  We liked both Fine Line and Hideaway Heist.  There was a female diver on our sailing (April 28th) but she did have her wrist all wrapped, so she might be injured. 

On 5/20/2019 at 1:26 AM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Our family and friends all thought The Fine Line aqua show was absolutely superb.

Did you see the earlier aqua shows from Oasis when it was new? There is no comparison.

23 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

I have not been on the Oasis but I like the 2 aqua shows on the Harmony better than the one on the Allure.

We were on a three day on Harmony. I don't think there were two different shows but I'm not sure about that.

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

We were on a three day on Harmony. I don't think there were two different shows but I'm not sure about that.

We were on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Harmony in Oct 2018.  They had the Fine Line and Hideaway Heist aqua shows.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:29 PM, coffeebean said:

you did not mention the spinning guy. I can't say that he added much to the show

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Did you see the earlier aqua shows from Oasis when it was new? There is no comparison.

Yes we saw the earlier aqua shows a couple of times on OOTS when it was new and enjoyed it immensely.

We’ve absolutely loved all the aqua shows but our preference is for Fine Line.

Its good that we all enjoy the shows and have different opinions if somebody has a preference or a different thought to me about a show that’s absolutely fine why shouldn’t they each to there own.