Junior Suite Perks

11 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

What are perks for upgrading to  junior suite?  

Thanks 

On Oasis class you can get into Chefs Kitchen.

On all other class of ship the main perks are :-

Double C&A points.

larger cabin

Bath.

Kettle.

Walk in wardrobe.

Graham

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Coastal Kitchen, dinner only, subject to availability. 

Thanks your right, Dinner only in CK.unless there are a lot of Pinnacles on board then probably zero availability.

The general JS perks are small but the price is a lot cheaper than a full Suite.

Edited by grapau27

2 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You may not get double points if you upgrade and don’t book originally; depends on the type of upgrade.  

The only upgrade now that would not quality for double points is one that was done through the Royal Up program.  All other paid upgrades would be eligible for double points (only because they killed the upsell fairy) 

2 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You may not get double points if you upgrade and don’t book originally; depends on the type of upgrade.  

Good point.

When we got a free upgrade from our midships balcony cabin to aft JS we didn't get double points.

If you book JS originally you definitely get double points.

5 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

Any perks for the lounges 

Cruisers in Junior Suites are not granted access to any lounge based on that stateroom category.

If you are Diamond in the C&A Society, you can go into the Diamond Lounge.

If you are Diamond Plus, you can go into the Diamond Lounge and most of the time into the Concierge Lounge.

If you are Pinnacle, you can go into the Diamond Lounge, the Concierge Lounge and the Suite Lounge.

Please note, oh lovely Cruise Critic harassers, I know that Concierge Lounges and Suite Lounges  do not coexist on the same ships.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks your right, Dinner only in CK.unless there are a lot of Pinnacles on board then probably zero availability.

The general JS perks are small but the price is a lot cheaper than a full Suite.

Please jump off the AndyC bandwagon while you can and save yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Please jump off the AndyC bandwagon while you can and save yourself.

No offense meant for any Pinnacles who I admire for their loyalty to RCCL.

Only trying to give an answer to the op in that JS perks are few and other factors will determine if they can get into CK for dinner

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No offense meant for any Pinnacles who I admire for their loyalty to RCCL.

Only trying to give an answer to the op in that JS perks are few and other factors will determine if they can get into CK for dinner

But you have no (NO) personal experience with any such issue.  You are merely parroting what one (ONE) CC poster says incessantly.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

But you have no (NO) personal experience with any such issue.  You are merely parroting what one (ONE) CC poster says incessantly.

How do you know if we have personal experience or not?

We have sailed in Suites, JS and balcony cabins in 46 of our 49 cruises and are D+ loyalty.

It is a known fact that JS get no proper perks and Oasis and Quantum class ship's allow them access to CK only if there is availability so it is not a guaranteed perk.

Let's just help the op.

Regards Graham.

Been in a JS twice.  Once on Anthem and once on Freedom.  The only perks we even noticed (and did appreciate) was the ability to dine in CK and the upgraded toiletries, both on Anthem.  On Freedom we merely had a nicer cabin and got double points.

I will say that having a tub/shower and the bigger closet has spoiled us to the point of not going back to regular balcony cabins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bradison said:

Been in a JS twice.  Once on Anthem and once on Freedom.  The only perks we even noticed (and did appreciate) was the ability to dine in CK and the upgraded toiletries, both on Anthem.  On Freedom we merely had a nicer cabin and got double points.

I will say that having a tub/shower and the bigger closet has spoiled us to the point of not going back to regular balcony cabins.

Many people count those among their favorite JS perks.  🙂 (they are mine)

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How do you know if we have personal experience or not?

We have sailed in Suites, JS and balcony cabins in 46 of our 49 cruises and are D+ loyalty.

It is a known fact that JS get no proper perks and Oasis and Quantum class ship's allow them access to CK only if there is availability so it is not a guaranteed perk.

Let's just help the op.

Regards Graham.

Sorry, I agree with MM. Plenty of opportunities for JS guests to dine in CK

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Many people count those among their favorite JS perks.  🙂 (they are mine)

The TUBS in JS and GS are my least favorite.  Give me a nice big shower like Celebrity Aqua Class.  Extremely difficult for those of us who are super seniors or have mobility issues to use tubs in the suites.  Big negative for me.

53 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

The TUBS in JS and GS are my least favorite.  Give me a nice big shower like Celebrity Aqua Class.  Extremely difficult for those of us who are super seniors or have mobility issues to use tubs in the suites.  Big negative for me.

I can understand that.  It's all relative of course.  I will gladly trade the high step over to avoid the shower in a phone booth of a regular room, but I can understand that might not be the case for some.