Wait, WHAT?

jbethel11

So I've been eyeing this cruise on the Magic for August of 2020. For some reason, it is no longer being displayed. Since I had saved that itinerary, along with a few others, when I go to view them, the others are fine, however, the Magic itinerary is no longer being displayed, and in fact, is substituted for the same sailing in July. Shockingly, I received an email from CC saying the price dropped for that sailing and when I go to check it out, it redirects me to that July sailing again! Does anyone know what is going on?

41 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

So I've been eyeing this cruise on the Magic for August of 2020. For some reason, it is no longer being displayed. Since I had saved that itinerary, along with a few others, when I go to view them, the others are fine, however, the Magic itinerary is no longer being displayed, and in fact, is substituted for the same sailing in July. Shockingly, I received an email from CC saying the price dropped for that sailing and when I go to check it out, it redirects me to that July sailing again! Does anyone know what is going on?

Perhaps the week you were looking at has been chartered out. They tend to use the Magic for that it seems. They just chartered it in April, and I know I read that it is chartered for next March, the week before my B2B. I am not happy about it, because it holds up our embarkation because they take their sweet time getting off. I just wish Carnival would enforce their debarkation to the same we all have to follow. It’s not right to hold up the next cruise from embarkation. But Id bet that’s what happened to the week you’re looking at.

17 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Perhaps the week you were looking at has been chartered out. They tend to use the Magic for that it seems. They just chartered it in April, and I know I read that it is chartered for next March, the week before my B2B. I am not happy about it, because it holds up our embarkation because they take their sweet time getting off. I just wish Carnival would enforce their debarkation to the same we all have to follow. It’s not right to hold up the next cruise from embarkation. But Id bet that’s what happened to the week you’re looking at.

What week is it that is chartered?

2 hours ago, rukkian said:

What week is it that is chartered?

I’m sailing April 5th, and somebody on these boards told me there was a charter booked for the week before. I did not see myself a list of charters. It was a thread about how they hold up the next group of passengers boarding. Sometimes for hours, as if rules don’t apply to them. We all have to be out of our cabins by 8:30am and off the ship by 10:00am. 

3 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’m sailing April 5th, and somebody on these boards told me there was a charter booked for the week before. I did not see myself a list of charters. It was a thread about how they hold up the next group of passengers boarding. Sometimes for hours, as if rules don’t apply to them. We all have to be out of our cabins by 8:30am and off the ship by 10:00am. 

I think I saw that same post.  We are on 3/14-3/22, so was making sure there was not some new charter.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

What did Carnival say when you called and/or emailed them?

If you didn't, wouldn't that be a better way to find out than posting here?

It's a glitch. I have a booked cruise date bookmarked for price drops, yesterday my sail date was no longer showing, earlier today it was at an increase of $200.00 for my room from Saturdays price check, just a few minutes ago no longer showing again.

5 hours ago, LostPuppy said:

What did Carnival say when you called and/or emailed them?

If you didn't, wouldn't that be a better way to find out than posting here?

Because this is a cruise forum?

11 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

Which will give many answers, mostly wrong. Go to the source -- CCL.

Okay, but Cruise Critic has been there since the last millennium! I am sure hundreds of thousands of people were given the wrong information on this forum?

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

Okay, but Cruise Critic has been there since the last millennium! I am sure hundreds of thousands of people were given the wrong information on this forum?

Again, go to the source. As you say "I am sure hundreds of thousands of people were given the wrong information on this forum."

I was watching a Magic sailing for about a year in advance (sail date was 4-7-19); then it disappeared from the radar. I later found out it has been chartered and passengers  already booked were given perks to change

9 hours ago, ober134 said:

I was watching a Magic sailing for about a year in advance (sail date was 4-7-19); then it disappeared from the radar. I later found out it has been chartered and passengers  already booked were given perks to change

Interesting.