Bergen Norway

Arizona Desert

I've taken the floibanen a number of times over the years.  I both purchased tickets in advance and waited in line at a less busy time of year.  If you are going during the summer and the weather is good, I suggest buying them in advance.  If you are concerned about weather, you can wait until 1-2 days before you plan to go.  But if you are going regardless of the weather, and like to plan your day far in advance, I'd go ahead and buy them now.

I'd wait to purchase until the day of your visit.  We were in Bergen twice last year.  In July the line was a mile long so we decided not to wait.  We returned in February and there was no line so we went up.  We enjoyed our visit and the view.  If it's cloudy or foggy, I wouldn't do it.  

3 hours ago, Frenchberet said:

I'd wait to purchase until the day of your visit.  We were in Bergen twice last year.  In July the line was a mile long so we decided not to wait.  We returned in February and there was no line so we went up.  We enjoyed our visit and the view.  If it's cloudy or foggy, I wouldn't do it.  

I would echo what has been said.  We took the furnicular in late May and waited to see if the weather was going to be good, and then bought a few days ahead of time.  When we arrived in the morning there was a huge line, mostly cruise ship tour buses, and perhaps a couple hundred people.  Glad we booked ahead.  Fortunately when you arrive at the top, there is a lot of room to roam so it doesn't feel too crowded.

4 hours ago, Arizona Desert said:

Has anyone taken the floibanen funicular in Bergen?  If so, did you buy tickets ahead online to bypass the line or wait until  arrived in Bergen.  

Also consider the alternative ..

https://en.visitbergen.com/things-to-do/ulriken643-ulriken-cable-car-p824813

We were in Bergen in 2017 and visited Mt Floyen so next week we are going to visit Ulriken.

Tickets can be purchased from the Tourist Office near the fish market (easy to find) and the bus from outside ticket office. Mt Floyen is great on a lovely day .. but if you have time Ulriken might also be worth considering.

We don't plan to purchase in advance - so we can judge the weather before we decide.