Differnce between Aurea Balcony Suite and Fantastico Balcony

doubleduty

Other than the different perks between an Aurea Suite (balcony) cabin and a Fantastica balcony, what are the differences?  I have two cabins booked - the Aurea suite is on deck 9 and the Fantastica balcony is on deck 13.  The size of the cabins look the same but I was hoping the suite would be a bit larger.  Anyone know?  We have three people in the suite and 2 in the balcony so I was really hoping for  a bit more space in the suite.  We will be on the Seaside.

An Aurea suite will just have a larger balcony than an Aurea balcony (of which the deck nine are largest).  Aurea balconies will have a the same deck size as Fantastica balconies, except for the ones on deck nine which are larger.  All the cabins are essentially the same size, there are some special Aurea and Fantastica suites that are angled and have slightly more cabin space.  The perks are the main difference, Aurea gets spa access, My Choice dining, priority embarkation, a room diffuser, bath robes etc....  One of the main differences used to be a better drinks package, but now on Seaside all get the same Easy package, unless you specifically choose the Escape rate with no promos for Bella and Fantastica.  Most of the Aurea perks are easily quantified and can either be booked separately or overlap Black card Voyagers status.  In my opinion the current price differential for Aurea is not justified, but I am Black card and My Choice dining is not that important to me.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  Well, at least the balcony is larger.  I agree the price difference is not justified.  This is my first MSC cruise and now I know better.  The balcony was booked as a OV guarantee so I guess we did ok

Deck 9 Aurea cabin forward balconies are wider than those Aurea balconies higher up and have sun loungers as well as chairs and a foot rest, the Aurea suites on Deck 9 with the long balconies are not suites as such and the cabin is identical to those Aurea forward and the Fantastica and Bella cabins.

The Aurea Suites S3 are on the back of the ship and at the Front. The SJ3 Aurea Suites have a whirlpool bath on the balcony and have longer cabins.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, Até said:

An Aurea suite will just have a larger balcony than an Aurea balcony (of which the deck nine are largest).  Aurea balconies will have a the same deck size as Fantastica balconies, except for the ones on deck nine which are larger.  All the cabins are essentially the same size, there are some special Aurea and Fantastica suites that are angled and have slightly more cabin space.  The perks are the main difference, Aurea gets spa access, My Choice dining, priority embarkation, a room diffuser, bath robes etc....  One of the main differences used to be a better drinks package, but now on Seaside all get the same Easy package, unless you specifically choose the Escape rate with no promos for Bella and Fantastica.  Most of the Aurea perks are easily quantified and can either be booked separately or overlap Black card Voyagers status.  In my opinion the current price differential for Aurea is not justified, but I am Black card and My Choice dining is not that important to me.

how exactly does My Choice Dining work?  Next Summer we've booked Aurea Balcony for Greek Cruise.  The downgraded drinks package/Easy will suit us fine since we mostly drink Water, but was curious how the My Choice Dining works.  Can you vary your time for Dining day to day?  We previously did early seating on Meraviglia.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, gatlinburg said:

how exactly does My Choice Dining work?  Next Summer we've booked Aurea Balcony for Greek Cruise.  The downgraded drinks package/Easy will suit us fine since we mostly drink Water, but was curious how the My Choice Dining works.  Can you vary your time for Dining day to day?  We previously did early seating on Meraviglia.  Thank you.

It means exactly that - go to dinner whenever you choose during the ooen hours. There will be a section that's only for MyChoice dining, simply go whenever you want, maitre'd will ask whether you have s preference on how large a table or where you sit and voila - off to dinner you go.  If you vary your time or don't have a preference on where you sit/wait staff, you'll sit at first available table and wait staff will vary throughout the week. It's great for the flexibility.. same menus, same dress codes, etc.