Cruise Critic Community
Sizzlechest

Vista class cruise ships Texas and China only?

I had the pleasure of cruising on the Horizon when it was briefly in NY. It looks like the upcoming Vista class ships are bound for China. NY is getting some Carnival refurb ships that have many of the Vista elements, but I really miss the Havana experience.

Not sure this is accurate. Horizon is in Miami, Vista is in Galveston and the Panorama is still under construction and going to California year round. 

4 minutes ago, beachnsnowbunny said:

Horizon is in Miami, Vista is in Galveston and the Panorama is still under construction and going to California year round. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is correct

11 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

I had the pleasure of cruising on the Horizon when it was briefly in NY. It looks like the upcoming Vista class ships are bound for China. NY is getting some Carnival refurb ships that have many of the Vista elements, but I really miss the Havana experience.

Source of this please

Not sure where you are getting your information, but it is wrong. Vista is based in Galveston. Horizon is based in Miami. Panorama will be based in Long Beach. You can easily verify this by going to Carnival’s website and look at available bookings into early 2021.  

3 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

According to this, there are four other Vista ships in various stages of building/planning that are intended for the China market (2 for Costa, 2 for a Chinese corporation).  These are besides the Carnival Vista/Horizon/Panorama.

1 hour ago, NebraskaSatellite said:

According to this, there are four other Vista ships in various stages of building/planning that are intended for the China market (2 for Costa, 2 for a Chinese corporation).  These are besides the Carnival Vista/Horizon/Panorama.

Carnival Corp is the parent of Carnival Cruise Lines. Carnival Corp owns Costa which is a sister company to CCL. No idea about the other 2.