Carnival Legend May 2019

ToriB

We were on the May 6 sailing on the Legend. We had two days in Seattle pre cruise and we went to Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Icy Straight Point, and Ketchikan. DH put together some of our pictures and video that were taken. I wish we would have had more pictures to see ahead of time while we counted down to the trip so I figured I’d share the link. It was a memorable cruise and hopefully one day we’ll sail to Alaska again. 

Edited by ToriB
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, gtouch said:

Glad you shared and had a great cruise. We are doing Alaska again in one week. The first time was fantastic.  

Thank you

Enjoy your trip next week!

Edited by ToriB
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, cooltj said:

Thank you for the pictures and video.. My family will be doing a very similar trip in September.17th the last cruise of the season So looking forward to seeing Alaska.

You’re welcome! Enjoy your September sailing! Alaska is so beautiful 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:00 PM, texastee said:

Thank you for sharing your trip with us.  Your husband did a great job!  We are on the Legend in a couple of weeks and your video made me even more excited!  

You are welcome! This was hubby’s first video he put together and it’s a great way to remember our trip. Have fun and enjoy Alaska! 

2 hours ago, ToriB said:

You are welcome! This was hubby’s first video he put together and it’s a great way to remember our trip. Have fun and enjoy Alaska! 

Hello ToriB, Great video! We loved our Alaskan cruise in Aug 2014. Does the Legend still have all of the urns everywhere. I met you and your mother on the Fantasy. Do you still have the Carnival hat I gave you? Pink 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, Pinkfloydfan said:

Hello ToriB, Great video! We loved our Alaskan cruise in Aug 2014. Does the Legend still have all of the urns everywhere. I met you and your mother on the Fantasy. Do you still have the Carnival hat I gave you? Pink 

Hi Pink! I remember you! The Fantasy feels like it was so long ago. That was my second cruise, and I remember being impressed by how many cruises you’d been on.  I still wear my Carnival hat. 😊 Alaska was one of my favorite trips and the Legend is a great ship. It still has urns everywhere. I hope you are doing well! 

18 hours ago, Out of Iowa said:

Thank you for a current glimpse of the ship....we'll be enjoying the Caribbean route on her in the new year. 

The Legend is a great ship. Our previous two cruises were on the Horizon so at first I wasn’t impressed. After spending a week on her I grew to love her. 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, Cairns Cruisers said:

Well done, the video was great. We are on Miracle next May to all those ports bar Ketchikan.

Did you both enjoy the Spirit class ship?

Did you eat anywhere on shore that you'd recommend?

Thank you. This was hubby’s first video he’s made. He enjoyed it and decided to make one of our cruise out of Barcelona last year too. 

I did enjoy the ship. Like I mentioned in an above comment at first I was just comparing her to the Horizon. Obviously the Legend isn’t as new. It doesn’t have all of the speciality restaurants and we tend to eat at those often. The layout is nice and they put out the retractable roof once we were in Alaska. I like that serenity is on the back of the ship. 

Some of our tours included lunch so we didn’t eat at too many places in Alaska. 

We went to Duck Point Smokehouse in Icy Straight Point. It’s right where the ship docks. We saw a whale swim by while eating lunch. There is a fit pit outside and a large fireplace inside. It was a cozy place. 

In Skagway we went to Skagway Brewing company. Downstairs has bar foods and a drink menu. We got some appetizers and drinks down there. Upstairs has a full menu but we didn’t go up there. 

I’m not sure if you have time in Seattle before your cruise but we ate lots of yummy food there.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jc4me said:

Thanks for sharing!  We were on this same cruise and I spotted my husband and his cousin for a brief second in Icy Strait 🙂  It was an amazing cruise!

You’re welcome! It’s was a memorable cruise. I definitely wouldn’t mind to go back again. It was so much fun spotting all of the wildlife and the snow capped mountains were beautiful. I wish the weather would have been sunnier in Juneau and Skagway. 

That’s too funny they have a special appearance in it. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, ToriB said:

Thank you. This was hubby’s first video he’s made. He enjoyed it and decided to make one of our cruise out of Barcelona last year too. 

I did enjoy the ship. Like I mentioned in an above comment at first I was just comparing her to the Horizon. Obviously the Legend isn’t as new. It doesn’t have all of the speciality restaurants and we tend to eat at those often. The layout is nice and they put out the retractable roof once we were in Alaska. I like that serenity is on the back of the ship. 

Some of our tours included lunch so we didn’t eat at too many places in Alaska. 

We went to Duck Point Smokehouse in Icy Straight Point. It’s right where the ship docks. We saw a whale swim by while eating lunch. There is a fit pit outside and a large fireplace inside. It was a cozy place. 

In Skagway we went to Skagway Brewing company. Downstairs has bar foods and a drink menu. We got some appetizers and drinks down there. Upstairs has a full menu but we didn’t go up there. 

I’m not sure if you have time in Seattle before your cruise but we ate lots of yummy food there.  

Thanks Tori, I had Skagway Brewing on my list, so glad you liked it.

We are sailing from SFO, but Seattle looks look a great spot to visit.

Thanks for sharing this. My wife and I are flying to Seattle in August for four days before boarding the Legend to cruise to Alaska. We've never visited the north-west of the US nor Alaska so are really looking forward to it!

10 hours ago, vwgolf said:

Thanks for sharing this. My wife and I are flying to Seattle in August for four days before boarding the Legend to cruise to Alaska. We've never visited the north-west of the US nor Alaska so are really looking forward to it!

You’re welcome! This was our first time too. Y’all will have a blast!

We were on this cruise also.  It was great. Thanks for sharing your video it was well done.  I have been gathering pictures to get ours all in one location.

We spent 4 days in Seattle before the crusie and got to see many of the sights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bound4dbeach said:

Would you happen to have any of the Alaska fun times?   The maps/guides/ excursion pamphlets?

I don’t, I’m sorry. Through the week I kept the fun times but when we were packing up I just dropped them into the trash. I may have the Glacier Bay info they leave in the room. I’ll check. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 7:01 PM, bound4dbeach said:

Thanks

Here are a few of the brochures or maps I have. I’m sorry for the delay in posting. This is what they leave in your room for Glacier Bay. 

23511934-35BB-4CD7-82A7-92599D8F920E.jpeg

87894041-4B56-407C-9DB0-64374BB450DA.jpeg

On 5/31/2019 at 7:01 PM, bound4dbeach said:

Thanks

This is a brochure from the White Pass Route in Skagway. In the morning we booked dog sledding through Carnival and then booked the train independently due to what times were offered on Carnival vs the train website. The only thing different was we couldn’t board by the ship and had to board at the depot. We were already in town so it wasn’t a big deal at all. 

069205BE-2A89-4AEB-AB33-FDE81A2DB816.jpeg

D9B6D10E-71D7-4783-B680-875199F4E737.jpeg

7818EE92-4ACB-4225-9892-1C6F62058ACF.jpeg

7B59D856-4692-4A05-A155-8C392DCA5ED8.jpeg

CC95D249-42F0-41B2-9302-16BB9A1BDB44.jpeg

FBE42B23-DB21-4AF9-B8BB-81B9F87A6890.jpeg

1EFE1661-1B77-4499-94FE-9648075DCB91.jpeg

F3105BAE-CC65-4F25-A355-200FAA14E72F.jpeg

EAE01EAE-2567-402E-AE8D-7029C55756B1.jpeg

B0BC61BA-478F-452D-AC4F-A414E42366A1.jpeg

306ADCB2-7DC5-454B-B33A-AFBFB6B18F74.jpeg

33A67CA9-12AC-4BEB-BD7D-C6084A27C0FE.jpeg