Pitons and Sugar Beach

cruise_girl99

Looking for a way to see Pitons and would love to get to Sugar Beach for the snorkeling. We did a speedboat tour last December which included a drive by of the Pitons. I don't want to do the speedboat again. I have huge knee issues and it was too difficult to get in and out of the speedboats. I also don't want to do the mud bath nor volcano again. Our excursion in December it rained the entire time, so would like to try again but with a boat that I can just walk on and off with no huge step like the speedboats. Anyone have any suggestions?

12 hours ago, cruise_girl99 said:

Looking for a way to see Pitons and would love to get to Sugar Beach for the snorkeling. We did a speedboat tour last December which included a drive by of the Pitons. I don't want to do the speedboat again. I have huge knee issues and it was too difficult to get in and out of the speedboats. I also don't want to do the mud bath nor volcano again. Our excursion in December it rained the entire time, so would like to try again but with a boat that I can just walk on and off with no huge step like the speedboats. Anyone have any suggestions?

Spencer Ambrose does a Sugar Beach Break. Boat to/from SB, around 4-5 hours at the beach, lunch and drinks included.  It is by speedboats, but they'll lift you out, provide all the help you need to get in/out.  None of the catamaran tours provide hours at the beach - they're all either float by, or involve volcano, mud baths, etc. 

Exception is Mystic Man's snorkeling trip, but that's very much a snorkeling trip, 2-3 stops along the way, no real beach time..

Otherwise, land taxi it is. 85-90 minutes by car one way, leave plenty of time for return. $90-100usd each way.  $50usd pp entrance to SB, applied towards food and drink 

Good luck, enjoy.

I see that reedprincess already replied to let you know about Spencer Abrose's "Sugar Beach Break".  We've done both the "beach break" and the "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure" (also mainly by speedboat) with Spencer's in 2013 & 2015 and loved both.  There was a gentleman on our most recent tour (Land, Sea, Beach, 2015) who had two bad knees and really appeared to have a tough time getting around.  His wife helped him at the land sights and Spencer/crew assisted him in getting in and out of the boat each time and they were so nice to him about it.  They also offered assistance to anyone else needing/wanting it.  We have no issues, but did witness the assistance.  I do hope you get back and hope you have a beautiful day when you do.  We've been very fortunate in both visits to St. Lucia the weather has been beautiful.  That is also the best snorkeling I've experienced. 

• 4 weeks later...

I highly suggest Spencers as well. Although it is by speed boat, they will definitely help you in and out of the boat. They are super nice and awesome people. 

The snorkeling at Jalousie Beach is definitely a DO NOT MISS place. It's the best I've ever seen in the Caribbean and right there at shore. I have 2 reviews with TONS of pictures if you are interested. Click the link in my signature and it will take you there and find the St Lucia port. This place is simply amazing!