Bringing food/drinks on the ship ... and snacks/drinks off ship at islands?

I know I can bring a 12 pack of soda per adult ... but I'm curious about the following and if they're allowed?

- Juice boxes (like Capri Suns)

- Prepackaged snacks (like individual bags of chips etc.)

- Fruit/veggie pouches (apple sauce pouches, baby food style pouches, etc.)

Also curious, when we visit islands... what is and what isn't allowed off the ship?  For example, if I fill a Nalgene bottle of water, is that ok? Nalgene bottle of juice? What about the packaged foods mentioned above or even the boxes of cereal you can grab at Lido?  I'm betting you can't bring any of the non-packaged foods, even if you put them in ziplocs right?

We are travelling with 2 young children so I'd like to have some juice boxes for the cabin and it'd be nice to have some snacks I know they like either for the cabin or for packing when we hit the beach.  Thoughts? 

I don’t know if any restrictions from bringing food on except ‘homemade’ food. 

Yes, you can bring factory packaged snacks off on the islands and you can certainly bring a water bottle off. The snacks have to be individually packaged though, can’t bring trail mix on the boat and then take off in baggies. Not sure about a bottle filled with juice though.

Edited by sanger727

Let's talk drinks.  Juice boxes are included in the rule about carrying on non-alcoholic drinks (note that this is not limited to sodas).  You can carry on up to 12 cans/cartons/pouches of non-alcoholic drinks of 12 oz or less each per person.  Typically, taking drinks into port with you is not a problem and most ports don't if it is pre-packaged or in a refillable bottle.

You can carry on board any pre-packaged snacks without limitation.

Taking food off at ports is entirely port dependent.  For example, you cannot carry off any food at Cozumel, including pre-packaged foods.  At most ports, though, there is not a problem taking pre-packaged food off the ship.  The Fun Times will have some sort of notation the night before if you are not allowed to take specific items ashore.

Can't take off fresh fruit etc.  Most places allow prepackaged foodstuffs off in port.  We might bring some cereal boxes and hard candy onshore. 

Many ports will search your bags or have an AG K9 checking everyone out.  I've had them alert on my Lemonheads candy.

We've had no problem bringing back all sorts of food from port--fresh tortillas and salsa, dinner for those who stayed on the ship, Agua Frescas (usually horchata, jamaica or fruta rojo).  

Edited by SadieN

18 hours ago, 773 Miles Away said:

I know I can bring a 12 pack of soda per adult

even the boxes of cereal you can grab at Lido?

You can bring a 12-pack of soda per person, not just per adult.

Yes, you can take the (unopened) boxes of cereal. Unless, as others have mentioned, the port of call prohibits items being brought off the ship.

HI,

We have always brougt on snack/candy items for the room and on land. Have had no problem taking these off the ship. Not sure about the juice boxes but, I would check with carnival to confirm this could be exchanged with 12 pack soda.

Hope this helped..

3 minutes ago, cooltj said:

HI,

We have always brougt on snack/candy items for the room and on land. Have had no problem taking these off the ship. Not sure about the juice boxes but, I would check with carnival to confirm this could be exchanged with 12 pack soda.

Hope this helped..

I can confirm you can bring pretty much anything that is not bottled or alcoholic as your 12 pack.  And quite honestly you can bring more than 12 without any issue

Energy drinks, coconut water, Capri Sun, etc.

12 hours ago, cooltj said:

HI,

Hope this helped..

Since the policy specifically states "non-alcoholic drinks," you can carry on ANY non-alcoholic drinks in cans, cartons, or pouches.

The ability to take food off at ports is port-dependent.  There are some that do not allow any food to be taken ashore.

We've not had any issues taking boxes of cereal or protein bars with us on excursions - they come in handy between dives.  I don't think we've ever taken anything other than bottled water off the ship as far as drinks go.  

3 hours ago, plum24 said:

From what I understood, you cannot bring water in plastic bottles onboard. Am I correct?

Reminding everyone that we are talking about Carnival here ... yes, you are correct.  All drinks must be in cartons, cans, or pouches except your allowed 1 750ml bottle of wine per adult.

You can bring pretty much any food item ONTO the ship, but only pre-packaged stuff is allowed back off.  Anything you don't eat will need to be disposed of unless it's factory packed.

Ice water can be gotten anywhere on the ship...every single bar and eating venue will give you ice water upon request.

21 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

You can bring pretty much any food item ONTO the ship, but only pre-packaged stuff is allowed back off.  Anything you don't eat will need to be disposed of unless it's factory packed.

This is misleading. Any food that is allowed ONTO the ship must be pre-packaged and unopened (as in from the manufacturer, not just packaged in a zip lock or container).

I know this isn't an answer about the islands but we were just in Cannes onboard Vision and the couple in front of us inline to board the tender had no trouble bringing a half eaten boxed left over pizza back onboard.....We were shocked.