Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
GTO-Girl

Harmony Diamond Lounge Question

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me if the Harmony has an overflow lounge if there are too many Diamonds onboard?

 

On our last Oasis cruise we had an overflow option in Blaze and it was so very nice to get out of the rat race in the regular Diamond Lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that Harmony uses one of the other venues nearby on deck 4 when a DL overflow is deemed necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Can anyone tell me if the Harmony has an overflow lounge if there are too many Diamonds onboard?

 

On our last Oasis cruise we had an overflow option in Blaze and it was so very nice to get out of the rat race in the regular Diamond Lounge.

 

We just sailed Harmony a few weeks ago and there was no overflow lounge though it was needed as there were people standing waiting for tables.  Concierge was doing nothing about people saving tables for others but that is a whole other story.  In the past, they have used Jazz on 4 as the overflow but they didn't on our sailing as there was a private party in there most nights.  Harmony's DL is very small now that it is in the space that the comedy club is in on Allure and Oasis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

We just sailed Harmony a few weeks ago and there was no overflow lounge though it was needed as there were people standing waiting for tables.  Concierge was doing nothing about people saving tables for others but that is a whole other story.  In the past, they have used Jazz on 4 as the overflow but they didn't on our sailing as there was a private party in there most nights.  Harmony's DL is very small now that it is in the space that the comedy club is in on Allure and Oasis.

 

They used comedy Club and Jazz the two weeks we were on last year, but that was the President's cruise. 

 

On Oasis I've seen Jazz used if Blaze had a private function scheduled 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

  Harmony's DL is very small now that it is in the space that the comedy club is in on Allure and Oasis.

That is what is going to happen during the Allure and Oasis dry-docks.  Loved the two story DL.  Our last cruise on Symphony the overflow for Suite guests was Dazzles every night,  Diamonds used the DL, The Attic and Jazz on 4 every night for overflow, a few nights we still used our vouchers to avoid the crush. Found they only use top shelf liquor in the Wonderland bar but still honor the vouchers.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off of Harmony on Sunday, and they used the Jazz club - standing room only (literally) in both venues, and a shortage of wait staff on the first two nights. The Concierge didn't show his face in the club until day 4, well after the crowds had given up on using the venue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just off of Harmony on Sunday, and they used the Jazz club - standing room only (literally) in both venues, and a shortage of wait staff on the first two nights. The Concierge didn't show his face in the club until day 4, well after the crowds had given up on using the venue.

 

Concierge was at his desk but did nothing about the saving of seats or an overflow.  We had the same waiter shortage too but there was always someone working the door, checking seapasses.  We gave up trying to go before dinner and just got a drink at the Schooner Bar or in the MDR since you could use your 3 coupon drinks in the MDR on Harmony.  We did try after dinner a few nights and it was crowded but we did get seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just go and get my DH a glass of wine before dinner and don't bother trying to get a seat. I don't drink, so I get an extra one for him because our dinner time takes up most of the diamond lounge hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, taglovestocruise said:

That is what is going to happen during the Allure and Oasis dry-docks.  Loved the two story DL.  Our last cruise on Symphony the overflow for Suite guests was Dazzles every night,  Diamonds used the DL, The Attic and Jazz on 4 every night for overflow, a few nights we still used our vouchers to avoid the crush. Found they only use top shelf liquor in the Wonderland bar but still honor the vouchers.   

That is very unfortunate. So are they going to put Wonderland in that space? If so, ....uuuuggghh...what a waste. The venue is beautiful on Harmony but the food was weird and tasted awful (except for the dessert).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, on Harmony now & we haven’t needed an overflow lounge.  It’s been crowded at times but we go every night & have always found 2 seats without difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, on Harmony now & we haven’t needed an overflow lounge.  It’s been crowded at times but we go every night & have always found 2 seats without difficulty.

When I commented on the overflow lounges it was because most of the Oasis Class TA'S  that we have been on have had 2500+ Diamond and above. Royal always finds a way to accommodate,  Last TA on Symphony they used Dazzles every night for Pinnacles and the DL, Jazz on 4 and the Attic as overflow for Diamonds. .  We also had unlimited specialty coffee everywhere on the ship except for Starbucks, was that the same for you. 

The attic, could not drink them fast enough.

image.thumb.png.301022f59107941e23fe2ed5692bde4c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our last cruise on Harmony they were only able to use Jazz for overflow one night...booked the other nights. But I will say we had an amazing concierge...Roz...and many nights he would even sit people at his desk and some how find extra chairs....he was just amazing...vs...those that just sit at their desk looking busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot depends on the HD and the concierge. As to whether or not they open the overflow lounges. 

I've noticed that the first night is usually the most crowed in the diamond lounge. And that after 5:30 it clears out quite a bit.

The saving of seats is not something the concierge should get involved in. They will only make enemies. I think it is wrong to save more than one seat (IE the wife takes a little longer to get ready). For friends let them get there or wait till something opens up. And I have a lot of friends (cruise family). But I don't expect them to hold a seat for me, or vise versa.

It amazing that a lot of people on here think Royal should do this or do that with the lounges. For them here are two things to remember.

1  Royal just provides a place for us. It does not make any extra revenue from the lounges. So don't expect much (top shelf liquor etc.)

2  Stop with the, "lets make it diamond plus and up". Every Pinnacle and or Diamond Plus member was once a "lowly" Diamond member. It would not benefit Royal to take away their perks enough to outweigh the damage it would do.

 

And another thing. If you feel you should be treated special, and are booked for the Nov 2, 2019 Symphony cruise. Do yourself and Royal a big favor and cancel. There are over 300 pinnacles and over 3,000 diamonds and up. Expect absolutely nothing and I promise you won't be disappointed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

That is very unfortunate. So are they going to put Wonderland in that space? If so, ....uuuuggghh...what a waste. The venue is beautiful on Harmony but the food was weird and tasted awful (except for the dessert).

 

Where Dazzles was will now be the Music Hall on Oasis

19067374_OA_Amplified_Infographic.pdf

Edited by AnyShip4Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, AnyShip4Me said:

 

Where Dazzles was will now be the Music Hall on Oasis

19067374_OA_Amplified_Infographic.pdf 2.74 MB · 5 downloads

Thanks for the info. We were on Oasis last month and where they showed the Diamond lounge on the "ship map" was not where the Diamond lounge was located:( Also, Wonderland was on the map and was no where on the ship...but the map location for it was where the Diamond lounge was, I believe. So was there a Wonderland on Oasis and it didn't do well so they took it out?...I don't know. It was pretty confusing since we've never run into a ship map that wasn't correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Thanks for the info. We were on Oasis last month and where they showed the Diamond lounge on the "ship map" was not where the Diamond lounge was located:( Also, Wonderland was on the map and was no where on the ship...but the map location for it was where the Diamond lounge was, I believe. So was there a Wonderland on Oasis and it didn't do well so they took it out?...I don't know. It was pretty confusing since we've never run into a ship map that wasn't correct.

 

I think that map shows Diamond Lounge outside of Silk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Thanks for the info. We were on Oasis last month and where they showed the Diamond lounge on the "ship map" was not where the Diamond lounge was located:( Also, Wonderland was on the map and was no where on the ship...but the map location for it was where the Diamond lounge was, I believe. So was there a Wonderland on Oasis and it didn't do well so they took it out?...I don't know. It was pretty confusing since we've never run into a ship map that wasn't correct.

Where is the Diamond Lounge currently located on Oasis?

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, susanrobert said:

Where is the Diamond Lounge currently located on Oasis?

TIA

 

Deck 11 (entrance) and deck 12 near the aft centrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, John&LaLa said:

 

They used comedy Club and Jazz the two weeks we were on last year, but that was the President's cruise. 

 

On Oasis I've seen Jazz used if Blaze had a private function scheduled 

I thought Jazz was for Suites and Pinnacles only?  Where Diamonds allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought Jazz was for Suites and Pinnacles only?  Where Diamonds allowed?

 

You're thinking of Dazzles on PC cruise.

 

It never gets old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I think that map shows Diamond Lounge outside of Silk

Yes, it did, so when we went there the first night to go to the DL, we found that out! We then asked several crew members and finally found one who knew where the Diamond lounge was located! We were /are still confused about "Wonderland" being on the map, but not on the cruise. We only went on Oasis for the Med. itinerary as it's our least favorite of that class. Once you go on Harmony, you are spoiled:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...