First look: Oasis of the Seas is getting the biggest Royal Amplified reimagining ever

6 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I agree. The lack of Jamie's is odd. And with the DL moving, something has to go in its place. Usually Royal doesn't release dry dock details this early. Personally, it makes me think they wanted to get this announcement out sooner than originally planned, for whatever reason. We'll see, but I hope to see a follow up release that includes more restaurants.

We are booked on the Christmas cruise which is the 5th sailing after drydock and just long enough for them to work out the post drydock kinks.  We have the UDP that I scored for $129pp last Black Friday so I'm hoping for a few new restaurants and hoping that portside BBQ is included.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I agree. The lack of Jamie's is odd. And with the DL moving, something has to go in its place. Usually Royal doesn't release dry dock details this early. Personally, it makes me think they wanted to get this announcement out sooner than originally planned, for whatever reason. We'll see, but I hope to see a follow up release that includes more restaurants.

I booked a March 2020 cruise just last week and today the fare for the balcony cabin next door is almost $400 more for the two of us. Perhaps that is why they released this information early - to justify to customers why the price is now higher. 

I would be surprised if Jamie's is included. It is based on British chef Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain, which has recently gone bankrupt in the UK. If I was upper management, not sure if I would want a restaurant on my ships associated with a failed enterprise. 

Edited by SantaFeFan

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are booked on the Christmas cruise which is the 5th sailing after drydock and just long enough for them to work out the post drydock kinks.  We have the UDP that I scored for $129pp last Black Friday so I'm hoping for a few new restaurants and hoping that portside BBQ is included.

We’re on the December 15th cruise. Hopefully kinks are worked out by then, but we just go with the flow, so not too worried. We have the UDP on Anthem in September, so we’ll decide whether we want it on Oasis after that. Probably won’t book it unless new restaurants are added though.

Just now, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

We’re on the December 15th cruise. Hopefully kinks are worked out by then, but we just go with the flow, so not too worried. We have the UDP on Anthem in September, so we’ll decide whether we want it on Oasis after that. Probably won’t book it unless new restaurants are added though.

Awesome.  Leave her in good shape for us.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

LOL I booked the Dec 1 hoping the same thing. Really, I just hope the Dec 1 sails.

17 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

I booked a March 2020 cruise just last week and today the fare for the balcony cabin next door is almost $400 more for the two of us. Perhaps that is why they released this information early - to justify to customers why the price is now higher. 

I would be surprised if Jamie's is included. It is based on British chef Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain, which has recently gone bankrupt in the UK. If I was upper management, not sure if I would want a restaurant on my ships associated with a failed enterprise. 

I hope they include Jamie’s, I thought it was a lot better then Chops, so much so that I actually cancelled a reservation in Chops and went back to Jamie’s instead.

Ourusualbeach, hoping you give us a review of your udp, while on your dec sailing. 

I wish they would include the smaller venues in this. Me and hubby have actually gone to a specialty restsurant and split an entree. Yes we paid for 2. I am a large woman, but i just can't eat all that food. Would love to have some tapas from vintages or wings from playmakers for dinner. It's more about taste, than quantity. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2019 at 10:29 PM, The Grumpus said:

I didn't notice any mention of new/additional staterooms.  Maybe they're saving that for next reveal? 

I think as of Oasis Class RCCL made sure already while designing and building the ship to add as many cabins as technically possible, hence we will not see a significant amount of cabins added if at all in the future on Oasis, Quantum and any new ship class after construction.

The Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class of ships were designed in the 1990's and since margins were higher then the space was calculated more generously and therefore these ships also various available spaces free to add cabins. This also explains when crusing on a full Voyager class ship during school holidays why the ship feels completely over crowded since the added cabins do not absorb the public spaces such as Windjammer or MDR since these were constructed or several 100 less passengers.

15 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I think as of Oasis Class RCCL made sure already while designing and building the ship to add as many cabins as technically possible, hence we will not see a significant amount of cabins added if at all in the future on Oasis, Quantum and any new ship class after construction.

The Voyager, Freedom and Radiance class of ships were designed in the 1990's and since margins were higher then the space was calculated more generously and therefore these ships also various available spaces free to add cabins. This also explains when crusing on a full Voyager class ship during school holidays why the ship feels completely over crowded since the added cabins do not absorb the public spaces such as Windjammer or MDR since these were constructed or several 100 less passengers.

They added a fair amount in the last drydock. 

3 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Ourusualbeach, hoping you give us a review of your udp, while on your dec sailing. 

I wish they would include the smaller venues in this. Me and hubby have actually gone to a specialty restsurant and split an entree. Yes we paid for 2. I am a large woman, but i just can't eat all that food. Would love to have some tapas from vintages or wings from playmakers for dinner. It's more about taste, than quantity. 

I’ll try to remember to post some thoughts.  I’ve already reached out to Royal to see if Portside BBQ is included  with the UDP and they said they are reviewing it, stay tuned.  We had the UDP on Allure last year and loved it although by the end of the week we were all in a food coma.  

I also wish the tapas at Vintages were included.  Playmakers is.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Agreed.  I don’t think you will see that many cabins added.  A few here or there where they realize they don’t really need a linen closet or storage  room 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

• 1 month later...

New deck plans are on the website, you just have to switch the dates. I'm seeing everything except deck 6, but maybe that's just me. 

The deck 11/12 space has been replaced with cabins. Very disappointing, as I would have loved to see Wonderland or Hooked.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

21 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

New deck plans are on the website, you just have to switch the dates. I'm seeing everything except deck 6, but maybe that's just me. 

The deck 11/12 space has been replaced with cabins. Very disappointing, as I would have loved to see Wonderland or Hooked.

I wonder what kind of windows

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ll let you know.  

I just switched our 2 inside cabins to 12916 and 12920 for Christmas 2020.  Same price as an inside and looks like a much bigger cabin. 

We did an inside cabin that was added in the last drydock. It was awful. Similar in size to MJ. Half a closet, no drawers in the cabin other than soap drawer in the bathroom. Seriously worst cabin ever

20190107_072725.thumb.jpg.877a3714004f9ec5e26e421bfca9098b.jpg

20190111_102858.thumb.jpg.478dfbcc9701e8fe3e4cdaacfd37b961.jpg

20190111_102930.thumb.jpg.b345a20323113d9d8c5a5c9550a8b8e4.jpg

20190111_103058.thumb.jpg.7e2d0ba38ce040c4ee11af428920e308.jpg

20190111_105054.thumb.jpg.b5dbeda1b383ae289e68aa567695cdac.jpg

The only drawer

20190112_062914.thumb.jpg.fd8892801812f00e742d137bf5a101ff.jpg

And it was the Noro cruise

20190112_152035.thumb.jpg.155b9298860b46a89b77e754666a22bd.jpg

Good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We did an inside cabin that was added in the last drydock. It was awful. Similar in size to MJ. Half a closet, no drawers in the cabin other than soap drawer in the bathroom. Seriously worst cabin ever

20190107_072725.thumb.jpg.877a3714004f9ec5e26e421bfca9098b.jpg

20190111_102858.thumb.jpg.478dfbcc9701e8fe3e4cdaacfd37b961.jpg

20190111_102930.thumb.jpg.b345a20323113d9d8c5a5c9550a8b8e4.jpg

20190111_103058.thumb.jpg.7e2d0ba38ce040c4ee11af428920e308.jpg

20190111_105054.thumb.jpg.b5dbeda1b383ae289e68aa567695cdac.jpg

The only drawer

20190112_062914.thumb.jpg.fd8892801812f00e742d137bf5a101ff.jpg

And it was the Noro cruise

20190112_152035.thumb.jpg.155b9298860b46a89b77e754666a22bd.jpg

Good luck

Hoping these are a bit better.  Given that most things are drawn to scale those 3 centre rooms look intriguing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they were recategorized at some point.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hoping these are a bit better.  Given that most things are drawn to scale those 3 centre rooms look intriguing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they were recategorized at some point.

It's kind of funny.  The old DL became inside cabins.

And they screwed that up. Should have made Promenade balconies 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

E24664A1-AA06-4A75-BD25-945464C92211.png

Yea, I'm looking at 11 and 12.  I wonder what the dead space is

How is the pricing on Jan 12. Just kidding, after january laura would kill me

Posted this on FB. 😱

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:14 PM, LXA350 said:

On 5/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

On 5/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Agreed.  I don’t think you will see that many cabins added.  A few here or there where they realize they don’t really need a linen closet or storage  room 

Oops

Again they add a lot more cabins and take away nice public space, especially the forward viewing area. And this on a class of ships that has already very limited access to see the ocean and the outside world. For me the reason for cruising is still to see the nature and the places you are going to and not to be in a crowded fun park. I can have this anytime in a Disney park or something similar. And there it is more easy to escape in case of too many the crowds... This great updates by Royal are a clear reason for us not to travel on Oasis or Allure ever again, easy decision!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1