Peanut butter & jelly in carryon bag?

FoxyGator

We’re taking our 5 yr old on the sensation this weekend, just wondering if I’d be able to take on the smucker’s uncrustables peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on in my carry-on?  We are priority boarding as well as FTTF but just not sure when we’ll be on board and able to actually sit and relax a bit for lunch.  The adults will be happy with drinks in the meantime but he’ll need some food. 

Its been over 8 years since my last cruise so I feel like I’ve forgotten everything. 

If the product you're thinking of is the one I am thinking of, I believe you will be ok as it's pre-packaged and sealed by the manufacturer. Here's Carnivals policy about bringing food items on board:

"Due to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention, any food items brought on board must be pre-packaged and unopened. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods are not allowed. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items."

Edited by joepeka

Yes you can bring factory sealed no prep no special storage needed foods into the cruise terminal and on board the ship. Additional at most ports these seal package items can be taken off with you as snacks while exploring or tour the port of call. As for drinks all passengers are allowed to bring up to 12 cans, tetrapaks, or juice pouches that do not exceed 12 oz individually as part of their carry-ons. Adults may also take 1 750ml bottle of wine or champagne as a carry-on . IF between the terminal security check and boarding the ship, opened (individual) packages or beverage containers will need to be completely consumed or thrown out before getting on the ship.

With FttF you will process through the priority line, but if you arrive before Customs clears the ship for boarding you will be waiting to board. FttF boards after the B2B passengers, the embarkation day wedding party, those in the Captain's Lounge (Platinum+ and suite guests), any special invite passengers, and then FttF. Any priority passenger that arrives for processing after their section has board will proceed to join the next group heading to the ship after completing the in person processes. 

5 minutes ago, secondchance said:

Normally one dining room and the Lido Buffet are available as soon as you go onboard.

NO main dining room is open on embarkation day on Carnival, even for priority passengers. 

For Carnival, beyond the Lido deck offerings, which can include (ship dependent) Guy's Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, Pizza Pirate or Pizzeria del Capitano, Mongolian Wok or Chopsticks, The Carnival Deli, Salad Bar and Tandoor, there is little choice for embarkation day lunch. On ships that have Seafood Shack, (Serenity area) Fresh Creations, Cucina del Capitano, Pasta Bella, The Captain's Pasta Bar, and/or JiJi Asian Kitchen these should be open for lunch on embarkation day. On a homeport by home port basis (due to local open flame regulations) you might find these venues, if offered, open for lunch during embarkation Ol' Fashioned BBQ, Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que, and Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse.

You're definitely OK bringing the Uncrustables.  Just fyi...as someone who has been cruising with kids for years...when you get off the ship at ports, or even just to have in the room...stock up on a few of the individual boxes of cereal that they have at breakfast.  While my husband and I may love getting conch fritters at the beach...my kids are picky.  So a box of Fruit Loops, Cheerios, or Lucky Charms gets them through the day!

14 hours ago, joepeka said:

If the product you're thinking of is the one I am thinking of, I believe you will be ok as it's pre-packaged and sealed by the manufacturer. Here's Carnivals policy about bringing food items on board:

"Due to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention, any food items brought on board must be pre-packaged and unopened. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods are not allowed. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items."

Which is strange, since I have always brought on my own humus and petite baby carrots.  It is my go-to snacking food for a cruise that is WW friendly.  I do bring an unopened humus, but the carrots are usually in a large ziplock and I have never had an issue.  I take them in my carry on.  However, I know that I cannot take the unopened food on shore at ports and have never tried.