MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

On 7/10/2019 at 8:35 AM, midohio said:

Got my match last week: Marriott Titanium Elite matched to MSC Silver.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, Andrew72681 said:

Sent in both my Marriott Titanium and Hilton Diamond at the same time and was matched to black. 

I am probably going to book on MSC for this October but will need to do the status match first.  How in the world can Marriott Titanium be matched to Silver for one and Black for another?  Is it Hilton or do they think that Titanium is silver?  I cannot get a sense of order out of all this.  

Thank you for starting this thread, OP!

4 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I am probably going to book on MSC for this October but will need to do the status match first.  How in the world can Marriott Titanium be matched to Silver for one and Black for another?  Is it Hilton or do they think that Titanium is silver?  I cannot get a sense of order out of all this.  

Thank you for starting this thread, OP!

It’s why even though they said  to do otherwise I sent in both statuses. The funny part is that if you’re just looking at stay numbers Marriott Titanium is much harder to obtain than Hilton diamond. I also wouldn’t put it past them to have never updated their system after the Marriott status level transition from last year. 

2 hours ago, tcmagnum said:

Just got my email back from MSC match program.

With Celebrity Captain's Club I am 'Classic'.

Matched with MSC as 'Silver'.

I tried to update form, but didn't take.  So I thought I would post separately.

Can I ask what you emailed them? The Celebrity and Captains club main page only shows my first name along with status and points. I can’t fit all the info they are asking for in one photo. Thank you! 

Edited by WNcruiser

21 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Can I ask what you emailed them? The Celebrity and Captains club main page only shows my first name along with status and points. I can’t fit all the info they are asking for in one photo. Thank you! 

I logged into the actual "Captains Club" part of the Celebrity web page and found it there.  I then took a screen shot of it and emailed that.  Hope that helps. 

I found out about status match prior to 10/2018 on CruiseCritic and immediately applied and was matched to Black based on my RCCL Diamond status. I didn't know the rule that you must sail in a certain time-frame to keep status.

Fast forward to this year when we're booking a 2020 MSC cruise. I am now bumped down to Classic and my husband is now Gold based on our current Diamond Plus status on RCCL. So annoying!!  I don't get the one-and-done rule of applying. Why?!

On 8/11/2019 at 11:42 AM, WNcruiser said:

How do you know which program to use if you have several high statuses? Can you call and ask which will give you the highest? 

We are Celebrity Elite +, RCI Diamond + and Hyatt Explorist. 

Thanks 

I called them directly.  They have a chart and will check for you. Remember, you can only match once, so it’s worth the call. I was able to get these levels from the chart:

RCCL - Emerald, Diamond, and Diamond Plus = Gold

Celebrity - Elite and Elite Plus = Gold

Marriott - Platinum Premier & Platinum Elite = Silver

Marriott - Platinum Ambassador = Gold

She also told me that top tiers on cruise lines (Pinnacle, etc.) match to Black on MSC.

i hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, 3dogmom said:

I found out about status match prior to 10/2018 on CruiseCritic and immediately applied and was matched to Black based on my RCCL Diamond status. I didn't know the rule that you must sail in a certain time-frame to keep status.

Fast forward to this year when we're booking a 2020 MSC cruise. I am now bumped down to Classic and my husband is now Gold based on our current Diamond Plus status on RCCL. So annoying!!  I don't get the one-and-done rule of applying. Why?!

your status is valid for three years from your status match, if you matched 10/18 then you should stay black until 10/21.

There should be no issue with a 2020 cruise, call MSC or if you use an agent get them to call on your behalf.

Have you logged into your MSC account and checked your Voyagers Club status, it should show your level and the expiry date.

Each time you cruise the three year clock resets

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

image.png.c8ceee18a4fcacf2ac25ce49d76e1529.png

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

How long does it usually take to hear back from MSC about status match?

Four days in March to match Princess elite to MSC black.  We just sent screen shots of recent cruise cards to provide verification of our Princess status.

Just now, capriccio said:

Four days in March to match Princess elite to MSC black.  We just sent screen shots of recent cruise cards to provide verification of our Princess status.

Thank you.We are hoping to get MSC black as we are Elite with Princess.We sent the forms back yesterday so hopefully hear soon.Are they likely to notify us or will our status just change when we log in?

15 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

your status is valid for three years from your status match, if you matched 10/18 then you should stay black until 10/21.

There should be no issue with a 2020 cruise, call MSC or if you use an agent get them to call on your behalf.

Have you logged into your MSC account and checked your Voyagers Club status, it should show your level and the expiry date.

Each time you cruise the three year clock resets

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

image.png.c8ceee18a4fcacf2ac25ce49d76e1529.png

I applied back in 2016, so out of luck.

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

How long does it usually take to hear back from MSC about status match?

After 3 weeks I still had not received my status match. We booked an MSC cruise yesterday our TA called MSC they pulled up my request and matched me to black and added it to Cruise I was booking.